Ivins with Intel on Henderson and Edwards

Advertisement
Edwards most likely to Florida although family trying to talk him out of it

Henderson going back and forth and he thinks miami but a close 50-50 battle

Henderson rocking on a see-saw between us and UF

Edwards gone

Miramar three-star cornerback Brian Edwards looks to be headed to Florida. We caution that this is in no way a done deal, but the latest intel we have received suggests that Edwards wants to be in Gainesville and not Coral Gables. Miami looked to be in strong shape to land a signature from Edwards as of late last week, but the official visit to UF over the weekend appears to have put the Gators in the pole position to sign the lengthy defensive back. InsideTheU was told by multiple people inside Edwards' camp that the family planned to have a long talk Tuesday night before finalizing a decision, but some think that the odds of him changing his mind aren't great, although it should be noted that mom wants him at Miami. We'll see how this plays out on Wednesday, but I have flipped my 247Sports' Crystal Ball pick from Miami to Florida.

— While the Edwards news certainly isn't positive, things aren't as bad when it comes to Miami Columbus cornerback Christopher Henderson. We're told that the Top247 prospect continues to go back and forth between Miami and Florida (he has done this multiple times over the past week) and could pick either school on Wednesday. The Hurricanes feel like they have done everything they can to recruit Henderson and at this point it's up to him if he wants to be part of something at UM. I'm going to stick with my Miami pick on the 247Sports' Crystal Ball, but my confidence is low. I think this is truly 50-50 battle between the two rival schools that could have one last twist or turn.

— Should Miami miss on Edwards and not sign Henderson do not expect the Hurricanes to reach for a prospect on Wednesday. InsideTheU has been told by multiple sources that the plan would then be to explore some graduate transfer options. One name to possibly keep an eye on is Mississippi State cornerback Cedric Jiles who plans to use his final season of eligibility elsewhere as a graduate transfer. Miami also loves what it already has on campus in Palm Beach Gardens safety Amari Carter and is excited about what Miami Columbus four-star cornerback Trajan Bandy brings to the table along with Jacksonville Trinity Christian safety Derrick Smith and Blinn College four-star cornerback Jhavonte Dean, who is expected to sign with UM early Wednesday. The 2018 cycle in South Florida happens to also be loaded at defensive back and the Hurricanes already feel good about where they stand with guys like Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas Top100 cornerback Al Blades Jr. and Palm Beach Lakes three-star safety Gurvan Hall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Florida gets Ewards and Henderson,their south florida cb class would be Henderson,Edwards,Davis and Wilson.Miami=Bandy,can't see how richt can keep rumph on staff if that were to happen.

If Florida gets Ewards and Henderson,their south florida cb class would be Henderson,Edwards,Davis and Wilson.Miami=Bandy,can't see how richt can keep rumph on staff if that were to happen.

Because he's going to give him one year to learn some lessons and improve

Advertisement
Edwards most likely to Florida although family trying to talk him out of it

Henderson going back and forth and he thinks miami but a close 50-50 battle

If Miami is hoping Edwards mom pushes him towards Miami they are holding a huge L. His mom doesn't want him around the kids he is around now. The biggest question for Edwards is can he qualify for either school, his GPA is straight ***!

One name to possibly keep an eye on is Mississippi State cornerback Cedric Jiles who plans to use his final season of eligibility elsewhere as a graduate transfer. M

I hate early name dropping...Same with the Paris Ford BS...Too much being reported nowadays.

Advertisement

Because he's going to give him one year to learn some lessons and improve

If we lose all four head-to-head DB battles against a program like UF, how is Rumph going to improve next year when vying for better DBs (Jobe/Campbell/Surtain/Hall) against powerhouses like Bama and Clemson?

More fancy words to dress up what he just stole from Pete. This dude reminds me of the way I used to write term papers in grade school.

Can someone explain to me this choke down the stretch? Is Richt having bible study with these recruit on their OV or what?

No bags next year, this site is gonna implode. Posters better get their game on and figure out a way to drop bags. That's our best chance.

Advertisement
Back