Ivins with Intel on Henderson and Edwards

If we lose all four head-to-head DB battles against a program like UF, how is Rumph going to improve next year when vying for better DBs (Jobe/Campbell/Surtain/Hall) against powerhouses like Bama and Clemson?

Keep putting a good product on the field and develop a track record.

Advertisement
Dude, Rumph did a fantastic job with the corners this past season. Elder was the man under Rumph. M. Young improved every single week and he became a starter. I like the DBs that are coming so far: Bandy, Dean, Deejay, Amari and D. Smith. The next cycle will be explosive for UM. Frierson, Ivey, Jobe, and G. Hall? That's a load!

If Florida gets Ewards and Henderson,their south florida cb class would be Henderson,Edwards,Davis and Wilson.Miami=Bandy,can't see how richt can keep rumph on staff if that were to happen.

Because he's going to give him one year to learn some lessons and improve

If we lose all four head-to-head DB battles against a program like UF, how is Rumph going to improve next year when vying for better DBs (Jobe/Campbell/Surtain/Hall) against powerhouses like Bama and Clemson?

Because he is young and that's what coaches do...They learn. Not to mention he has another chance to continue the job he did on the field last season. And a wider net to cast from

Some of that Florida hall (Davis, Edwards) may be safeties as well...So it's not all on Rumph.

If Florida gets Ewards and Henderson,their south florida cb class would be Henderson,Edwards,Davis and Wilson.Miami=Bandy,can't see how richt can keep rumph on staff if that were to happen.

How did our cornerbacks play this year?

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me this choke down the stretch? Is Richt having bible study with these recruit on their OV or what?

It's just like taking a hot chick out. You take her to McDonald's, you ain't getting jack **** at the end of the night.

However, you feed her some steak, lobster and fine wine, chances are you'll be giving her chorizo at the end of the night.

Same thing with lots of recruits. No sucky, No ***ky.

In other words, money talks and bullshyt walks.

Can someone explain to me this choke down the stretch? Is Richt having bible study with these recruit on their OV or what?

ChosenOne said: View Post

It's just like taking a hot chick out. You take her to McDonald's, you ain't getting jack **** at the end of the night.

However, you feed her some steak, lobster and fine wine, chances are you'll be giving her chorizo at the end of the night.

Same thing with lots of recruits. No sucky, No ***ky.

In other words, money talks and bullshyt walks.

Plus those other places will have a logjam of dbs, so we can legitimately and desperately sell early playing time.

I mean let's be honest at this point 9/10 times if FsU or UF really want a kid they beat us for them, I just don't understand the issue, if we lose both these Dbs this close is a failure ... The class itself is slightly above average but had so much more potential... Shame

Advertisement
I'm over it. **** these Gaaaay *** Gaytor sell outs and good night!

Why is it that seemingly the only times the kids go against their moms wishes, is when mom wants the kid at Miami?!

Will one more year for someone so inexperienced prevent a kid like Campbell, who Rumph couldn't have a more longstanding relationship with, from making a "business decision" and heading to Clemson next year?

We're outgunned here. To go 0-for-4 against a program in the state UF's is in looks like an ominous sign heading into the loaded 2018 DB class everyone's been raving about. Our competition at DB next year will come in the form of Bama/Clemson/FSU/LSU, not just UF.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Plus those other places will have a logjam of dbs, so we can legitimately and desperately sell early playing time.

We had the same exact pitch to sell this year and s*** the bed for top local DBs. Players as talented as Jobe/Campbell/Surtain/Hall won't be analyzing depth charts.

Will one more year for someone so inexperienced prevent a kid like Campbell, who Rumph couldn't have a more longstanding relationship with, from making a "business decision" and heading to Clemson next year?

We're outgunned here. To go 0-for-4 against a program in the state UF's is in looks like an ominous sign heading into the loaded 2018 DB class everyone's been raving about. Our competition at DB next year will come in the form of Bama/Clemson/FSU/LSU, not just UF.

he did well as an actual coach this year on the field. keep producing on the field and his job will be safe. if he needs help in recruiting, you add more guys like Cooney to the support staff

Advertisement

Likei said before just when u think the level of stupidity can't get any worse there's always that next post that proves that it can lol

Just got to keep building a track record. UF got those kids with the DBU bull****. We are recovering from years of DB underachievement and Rumph doesn't have a resume yet.

I think we will be OK and the early results (Jobe, Frierson and Ivey committed, Hall leaning to us) are encouraging.

We had the same exact pitch to sell this year and s*** the bed for top local DBs. Players as talented as Jobe/Campbell/Surtain/Hall won't be analyzing depth charts.

But i think UF could too, with guys leaving.

Unacceptable if both choose UF. It's staggering to me that anyone who watched our defense play wouldn't want to be a part of it, ESPECIALLY corners who will directly benefit from all the pressure our stacked front 7 will be applying. When I see kids from our own backyard consistently choosing to live in Gainesville or Tallahassee over Miami, it blows my mind.

Advertisement
Back