Ivins Update

Neither does passing the ball too often. It is a very interesting take that Enos is supposedly running a grinding ball control time of possession offense for Diaz when this team is horrific on third downs and horrific running the ball.

Supposedly Enos is running an offense that protects the defense by being 50th in pass attempts, 117th in rushing attempts, 70th in time of possession, 114th in yards per carry, and 130th on 3rd down by design.

I would think after a while Diaz and Enos might say "hey, maybe we should try something else to protect the defense".

I'd rather have an offense that controls tempo than what UCF runs. You can have up tempo as the situation dictates. I just would not want to see it full time because it does impact your defense, especially if you don't have the depth. I would like to see Enos switch the tempo up and employ some no-huddle on occasion. That has been one of the more disappointing aspects of the offense (among others) is that there does not seem to be any sense of urgency even when we need it.

Advertisement
I'd rather have an offense that controls tempo than what UCF runs. You can have up tempo as the situation dictates. I just would not want to see it full time because it does impact your defense, especially if you don't have the depth. I would like to see Enos switch the tempo up and employ some no-huddle on occasion. That has been one of the more disappointing aspects of the offense (among others) is that there does not seem to be any sense of urgency even when we need it.

I agree. You don't need to run it all the time but every team should be able to run a no huddle or hurry-up offense insanely fast in today's game and be able to do it for multiple series a game. I don't follow what the huddle actually provides for this team today. All of those calls can be shown from the sidelines to save time. The QBs are getting a play called to them and then relaying it to the team, then lining up. There is plenty of time that can be saved by not huddling up that they could still choose to run down if they wanted to.

Teams that play fast can always slow down. Teams that play and practice slow aren't going to suddenly be efficient in the hurry up.

You guys really don’t understand how much of an influence this internet social media thing is to kids. The male brain doesn’t fully develop till 25. And the frontal cortex is the Last area to develop. The frontal cortex is the one that is tasked with rationalizing decisions. To put things into perspective most jihadist and white supremacist get recruited off the internet at a young age because of this very reason. If a kid comes in here long enough the environment is so toxic that it will definitely affect a decision. For some of us older guys it seems unlikely that reading some fans going at it will affect a kids decision but if you couple that with Twitter and Facebook and IG then you can definitely see how a kids can get turned off even if he doesn’t care about the win column.
Male teens process information in the amygdala. This is the emotional part and thus the front runner
Mentalities. This is why a kid like Washington going to uga makes sense to him but not us. This is why saban flies around in a helicopter. This is why Dabo has a slide and a put put coarse. Emotion and impression.

A lot of good posts here. Every fan base has awful fans but we have a disproportionate amount it seems. They seem to enjoy our struggles so they can run around and talk about how right they are. Not just the Dwinstitles’ of the site but others that I used to respect. It’s a pathetic way to live.

My best advice to the real Miami fans is to just avoid this board. I used to come on here first thing and multiple times a day, but today is the first time I’ve been on here in about a week, and I won’t be back anytime soon. I only came by because I saw that in the FB Canes group that Mrs. Roberts was on here checking fools and I had to witness that.

Others have said it more eloquently then me, but don’t get discouraged Mrs. Roberts. A lot of us have high hopes for the future, I think this class will be a huge step in the right direction and can’t wait to see how your son contributes to that. God bless.

We should create a position titled "Social media and public relations for prospective recruits" and hire Mrs. Roberts.

Advertisement
Neither does passing the ball too often.

You are wasting your time trying to explain this to people...And that's not a defense of Enos. I'd like to see him fired. But I certainly don't want an offense that does nothing but throw with not a hint of physicality...Those teams don't win **** but people refuse to acknowledge this.

A lot of good posts here. Every fan base has awful fans but we have a disproportionate amount it seems. They seem to enjoy our struggles so they can run around and talk about how right they are. Not just the Dwinstitles’ of the site but others that I used to respect. It’s a pathetic way to live.

My best advice to the real Miami fans is to just avoid this board. I used to come on here first thing and multiple times a day, but today is the first time I’ve been on here in about a week, and I won’t be back anytime soon. I only came by because I saw that in the FB Canes group that Mrs. Roberts was on here checking fools and I had to witness that.

Others have said it more eloquently then me, but don’t get discouraged Mrs. Roberts. A lot of us have high hopes for the future, I think this class will be a huge step in the right direction and can’t wait to see how your son contributes to that. God bless.
What's that dudes story, Dwinstitles? Kind of a weird guy. I wish I had a dollar for everytime he mentioned the word, "Bags." I'd be a ******* millionaire.

Never mentioned anything about the kid being a diva or said anything negative about him. I pay for season tickets, watch plenty of Columbus games as an alum, and hope he has a great career at UM. Easy for me to cheer for a Columbus kid (like Bandy, Deon, Joaquin, Zo, and hopefully Roberts.)

I think you are bringing in other things that just aren’t there. On a sports blog there’s going to be a lot of harsh, and stupid and inaccurate posts. If they trigger you, probably best to avoid this type of stuff.

My bad on the inaccurate opinion, and best of luck to that kid in states. Huge game for him on Friday, hopefully he can bring home the hardware.

Never mentioned anything about the kid being a diva or said anything negative about him. I pay for season tickets, watch plenty of Columbus games as an alum, and hope he has a great career at UM. Easy for me to cheer for a Columbus kid (like Bandy, Deon, Joaquin, Zo, and hopefully Roberts.)

I think you are bringing in other things that just aren’t there. On a sports blog there’s going to be a lot of harsh, and stupid and inaccurate posts. If they trigger you, probably best to avoid this type of stuff.

My bad on the inaccurate opinion, and best of luck to that kid in states. Huge game for him on Friday, hopefully he can bring home the hardware.

Nah it’s just best for you to check that weak and incorrect info you tried to bring, with that fake insider stuff

Advertisement

Real question: Since you went to Columbus, do you know Erick “gatorerro, bamarerro” Marerro?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand being critical, but this place is downright toxic. I'm not going to point fingers, but some people seem to relish in talking down everything about the program. They do it incessantly, every chance they get, and they pile on together.

It is what it is unfortunately.

Yeah cause Miami fans are the only ones who are negative about their program on online message boards.

Kids don't come here because the program is in the gutter and has been since 2005.
That’s part of the problem but social media nowadays is why these kids look at everything different who would go somewhere where fans talk **** about our program and we haven’t won either but the negative talk affects UM more than any school you know

Advertisement
Back