Ivins Update (Dare I Ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you proceed to offer politics-level analysis...

Work on your reading comprehension. The analysis was from the standpoint of an 18 year old kid making a college decision, not a 50 year old politician cynically leaking information to benefit himself.

"Leaks". Yeah, JM should have put out a fake story like Manny Diaz did, and then fire any family member that he catches.

Brilliant.

Advertisement
Different people may have different motivations. And Ivins-Wiltfong can always flip again.

Explain the alternative, then. The CBs were already "wrong" (assuming the UM announcement happens). CB percentage goes down in that case as well.
I’m fairly confident they switched their CB’s to increase their accuracy percentages (something Cribby has said all along) and it wasn’t part of some larger conspiracy to steer kids to Bama. That’s for the 247 shysters. To your point, different people have different motivations. The H.S. coach doesn’t submit CB’s so I think he could want to steer a kid to Bama (or steer a kid away from Miami, or get paid, etc).

Yes, they could change their CB’s again, but with such a high profile bit of drama they manufactured I think that is highly unlikely, at least any time soon. Could you imagine if Ivins or Wiltfong switched back to Bama today?

All this conjecture and speculation and conspiracy is awesome. Lol
This whole time i thought I was the only one wearing a tinfoil hat while not knowing that everyone wears one and some even have them shts made out of titanium.

I’m fairly confident they switched their CB’s to increase their accuracy percentages (something Cribby has said all along) and it wasn’t part of some larger conspiracy to steer kids to Bama. That’s for the 247 shysters. To your point, different people have different motivations. The H.S. coach doesn’t submit CB’s so I think he could want to steer a kid to Bama (or steer a kid away from Miami, or get paid, etc).

Yes, they could change their CB’s again, but with such a high profile bit of drama they manufactured I think that is highly unlikely, at least any time soon. Could you imagine if Ivins or Wiltfong switched back to Bama today?

Look, I agree with you. I definitely think that Wiltfong is more likely to have the "Fatal Attraction" motivation on the CB flip, and it would be funny to see them both try to rationalize a re-flip ("recruiting is fluid"?).

The point is that a bunch of adults all stand to benefit, profit, or gain from this nonsense.

There's a difference between a "conspiracy", where multiple people are working together towards the same goal, and a situation where a number of different people do things that are self-serving towards their different goals.

Ivins-Wiltfong don't flip CBs without intel. And Alabama-Palmetto coaches don't provide the intel without hoping for the publicity.

You and I go way back to when Ferman was trying to make money off of us by charging us for a CaneSport "breakfast" at which he ignored us all. This is all some shady nonsense, and I chose to stop funding it a decade ago.

Advertisement
Appreciate that but I'm not about ignoring people. It's a massage board. Noone is upsetting me that much. 9/10 times, I'm laughing hard as ****. My life doesn't revolve around recruiting lol
The one word that somehow really caught my attention in your post above was ...”massage.”

Hmmmm ......I think that’s an example of what Diaz was referring to when he used the word “perspective” during the time that one of those hurricanes came Miami’s way.

LOL Have a good one. 😉

Yup. They didn’t go last minute with an 8 based on Cribby.

I'd also point out one other difference between the Gaytors and us, in this situation.

Gaytor fans were convinced that Ivins tipped off Saban to offer more money to the recruit out of a belief that Ivins supports Miami and recruits for Miami. Which, of course, just isn't the case.

Regardless of motivation, regardless of time-stamps, I continue to have a problem with Ivins and Wiltfong trying to benefit personally from interfering with the kid's announcement one hour early. No matter where the kid goes. There's a difference between what you can do and what you should do.

Advertisement
Marshall WILL be a Cane...Just a delay...
I Trust what I was told....He will not be committing to Bama....

We got our fix now guys, please relax on the continuous probing. When the guys have new they give it to us.

Marshall WILL be a Cane...Just a delay...
I Trust what I was told....He will not be committing to Bama....
All silents panned our last year. I thought it was cheesy but all the #AnotherOne #AnotherAnotherOne tweets came to fruition: Worsham, Harrell, Knighton

Advertisement
As I’ve posted multiple times in here “ nothing has changed with my confidence”. It feels A lot like the Smith situation where 247 did the same thing , just not as late or shocking. Smith had been trending UM for awhile.

time to lock all the Marshall talk down then until we hear otherwise. still won't watch his highlights until he pops but this is all good news.

in the meantime every Cane fan on this board should cancel their 247 sub

time to lock all the Marshall talk down then until we hear otherwise. still won't watch his highlights until he pops but this is all good news.

in the meantime every Cane fan on this board should cancel their 247 sub

Every Cane fan on every board should cancel their 247 subscription, their AOL membership, and stop paying for ****.

Advertisement
We should nuke this thread. I agree with the @Cribby side of this argument wholeheartedly, but this thread is embarrassing all around.
Because some posters would prefer that I go through 900 individual posts when we can just start a new thread that says “Still Feeling good about Marshall”

Because some posters would prefer that I go through 900 individual posts when we can just start a new thread that says “Still Feeling good about Marshall”
Should just nuke any threads that pop up on this topic until or unless something actually changes regarding his recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back