Ivins Update (Dare I Ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Miami problem. Not an Ivins problem. Y'all spending way too much time crying about the wrong thing.

A lot of journalists are scummy. It is what it is. But he posted something that blew traffic up for his site. That's his job. I'll bet 247 Miami had more hits Saturday than it had probably ever. If you don't want info getting out, don't tell the people who report on it.
Yea he has to make money he blows up everyone's moment what's the difference with this one?

Advertisement
Don't blame him.

UM coaches tweeting * * * *, and that didn't help one bit.

Lesson: Everyone - coaches included - keep things quiet - and let the young man make his announcement THEN you can tweet, message, fornicate - or whatever.
Kids should tell the coaches don't say anything not even cryptic tweets. Cause people are irresponsible on social media man they can't hold that **** in

Also this dude isn’t some investigative reporter, wtf are you even talking about? Like this is the Washington post.

Your post is more proof of people making points without knowing what happened. “ it’s a Miami problem”. Lmao.

Of course he is. It’s his job to report all things miami to the people who pay him to do so. His literal job is to bring attention and traffic to the website who signs his checks. That’s what he did. Unless he was told definitively to not do so and disobeyed that trust? You haven’t said that’s the case, you’ve just *****ed and moaned about some dude making a crystal ball pick which is literally in his job description. Just because he has ****** sources doesn’t make it less of his job to report on what goes on inside the building.

It wasn’t out of left field for the staff!!!

I posted days before it they were very confident with him, even though I had doubts.

What ivins did was beyond scummy , and it’ll all come out one day.
I trust u but the only thing that's weird to me is fuq it it's out anyway announce it. My thing with holding it up is strange

Advertisement
Yea he has to make money he blows up everyone's moment what's the difference with this one?

Absolutely not a single thing. It happens every day at every school. If Jason Marshall was solid to Miami then he’d have committed if he planned to do so. All of this “espionage” nonsense is just that. It was gonna blindside Bama?? Who cares? Like they don’t have 4 months to try to get him to change his mind? We lead the world in decommitments for eternity and dudes try to act like a commitment means anything.

Kids should tell the coaches don't say anything not even cryptic tweets. Cause people are irresponsible on social media man they can't hold that **** in

Coaches across the country tweet when the get a commit. No names to context just something specific to the school and fanbase they got a commit thats it. The tweet could have been about anybody

It wasn’t out of left field for the staff!!!

I posted days before it they were very confident with him, even though I had doubts.

What ivins did was beyond scummy , and it’ll all come out one day.
So what your thoughts Marshall now? Personally I think he wouldn't change his commitment on someone leaking his decision.

Advertisement
I barely post...but thought I would offer some first had account of how national recruiting info can hurt the team that is in the lead for players. I was a D1 soccer player from south FL...no one ever really wanted to go to the local schools in south FL that have men's soccer programs...FAU or FIU. FAU at one point had a bunch of us planning to go, some of whom were highly ranked nationally from FL, all about to go there together. However, word got out to a program battling for a kid, and upped their promises and scholarship + additional school related costs, which then blew up the whole deal b/c once that kid bounced elsewhere...all of us bounced to other schools.

Absolutely not a single thing. It happens every day at every school. If Jason Marshall was solid to Miami then he’d have committed if he planned to do so. All of this “espionage” nonsense is just that. It was gonna blindside Bama?? Who cares? Like they don’t have 4 months to try to get him to change his mind? We lead the world in decommitments for eternity and dudes try to act like a commitment means anything.
Yea it's super strange to me...I mean let's see the real story when it drops. I'll wait for that I just don't get the not announcing it. Like pull the trigger my man u not shocking anyone at this point....it's just super weird to me. I'm not a recruit so I wouldn't know how TF this goes. My only gripe is ok that's ivins job and ok u wanted it a secret JM....and ok it got out your mad but go ahead and announce what's the wait.

Advertisement
Coaches across the country tweet when the get a commit. No names to context just something specific to the school and fanbase they got a commit thats it. The tweet could have been about anybody
247 boys figured it out maybe just like most of Twitter they read the wave. It wasn't hard with what we learn here and being vets in the guessing games. This **** is all weird to me I'm not a recruit so I have no idea man. I'm just as confused as anyone

This is exactly what I'm saying.....its just weird that it was sooooooo important for it to be a big splash but the crystal balls ruined it.....twitter had been going crazy, the coaches were all posting stuff. At that point the cat was out of the bag, put the edit it out.....i dont understand what they were waiting on. How can you be ok with all of the coaches tweets but mad at Ivins for a crystal ball. Ivins probably assumed everyone was finding out because...........they were lol. Only way I blame Ivins is if someone at Miami or with the kid told him but said not to say anything and then he did.

Ivins is a reporter and did his job. If Marshall was gonna commit to "shock the world" but then decided to step back and re-evaluate things because it was spoiled.....then it wasn't a real commit in the first place. Just another HS athlete trying to get his attention-seeking moment on social media.

Now IDK what really happened on Marshall's end but if what people are saying is true, then that's my take. Bruh if you're gonna commit to a school then do it. If not, then you're just playing games.

Advertisement
You just answered the riddle.... Miami staff didn't leak it. The crystal balls dropped before the tweets came out.

The tip to Ivins or Wiltfong didnt come from Miami. It came from Bama...because like you said it was gonna blindside Bama, Florida, Wiltfong and Ivins again who already had egg on their faces from James Williams. These guys are supposed to be "national recruiting experts"... whats more embarrassing then getting blindsided twice by the same team within weeks. Remember the reports we were running 3rd according to them

Hank South was the one that said " something changed in the recruitment

Edit: brought to my attention the crystal balls did not drop. I stlll stand behind everything else i said

Last edited:
The Ivins ****-gobblers are back.

Just sit back and listen to them spin wild tales about the brave sports-journalists who take their lives into their own hands as they "do their jobs" creating click bait and writing bogus "tonight is going to be a big night for commitments" articles.

Anything goes, as long as the jackals drive traffic to their websites so their paychecks don't bounce.

And, dammit, that horrible Jason Marshall character should have foreseen that a Notre Dame fan and an Alabama fan were going to ruin his announcement, and the VICTIM should have asked the writers not to publish anything. Even though, of course, Jason Marshall had no idea that these scumbags knew anything, nor was he afforded an opportunity to comment or even to ASK not to have the information publicized. But, yeah, this is all Jason Marshall's fault, let's blame the 18 year old kid for some dirtbag move that two adults pulled on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back