Ivins Team Notes

Ivins just posted an update -

seems we are looking at/talking to Tarik Black from Michigan as a grad transfer WR. HE graduates in May and will have 2 years to play

Advertisement
Are you guys incapable of seeing gray areas? Moving on from Van ******* and merely refusing to anoint him a 4 year starter and savior based on no information are two totally different perspectives. No one has given up on him.

Smart people are merely suggesting we at least wait to see a single throw from him before handing him a 4 year starting gig.

You mean sort of like not proclaiming to all the simpletons on this site that Dan Enos is a homerun hire before he ever called one play at UM? I think I get it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There isn't a UM Coordinator who CaneInOrlando misses more than Sonny Lubick.....Without question, the Best DC in UM History....Total Mastermind.....Gary Patterson has a strong semblance (Defense Wise)....For those who think a 4-3 with the right personnel..and right position coaches, couldn't lay waste upon present day spreads...Dont know what to tell ya....
Go watch his Defenses from 89-91...and tell me those 4-3 Defenses couldn't exist today, and I'd laugh...

91 defense gave up right around 9 points a game(not sure that is possible today) and what was with Anthony Hamlet (who was really a defensive end) and Eric Miller as the two DTackles

Our units with Sonny always seemed well-coached, didn't see a lot busts or blown assignments.

BTW, in 91, I still say week in, week out, Darryl Williams was the best player on that team

Last edited:
Advertisement
91 defense gave up right around 9 points a game(not sure that is possible today) and what was with Anthony Hamlet (who was really a defensive end) and Eric Miller as the two DTackles

Are units with Sonny always seemed well-coached, didn't see a lot busts or blown assignments.

BTW, in 91, I still say week in, week out, Darryl Williams was the best player on that team
Incredible job by Lubick in 91 with Hamlet and Miller...considering our DLs in 88-90....
Used Stunts to perfection....

I get the need for wr, but I think we need a game ready cb more. I’m more confident in the wr room room producing, I think Payton & Pope will be effective. One injury to the cb room and yikes

Ol , maybe a wr. The Stanford kid in may would be the best bet on the ol.

Not saying he’ll be a four year starter but this roster as it’s comprised right now makes him the logical front runner for multiple reasons.
No it doesn’t. We know nothing about him other than he passes the eye test. Every other aspect of being a successful QB at this level is a complete unknown.

Advertisement
You mean sort of like not proclaiming to all the simpletons on this site that Dan Enos is a homerun hire before he ever called one play at UM? I think I get it.

Except penos had called an offense before at this level and if you looked closely at the numbers it wasnt nearly as impressive as most thought

I would move carter to striker and Frierson to safety

What about letting Carter get a look at Will also?

Add 10 -15 pounds I think he could give us solid reps there.

We are thin at safety. What if Bubba has setbacks in his recoveries? That just leaves Gurvan, Smith and the freshmen

We probably can’t afford to move him even though it is probably best for him.

I think Carter needs to move to LBer and go back to 3 LBers as the base defense.

Why?

Stopping the run hasn’t really been a big problem. I do think we should run more actual nickel. Teams attack the striker when we leave him in man against faster slot receivers.

I wouldn’t mind a nickel base with Bandy there full time. He was a solid number 2 but never a number 1 corner. I think he can hold up in the run game against 10 and 11 personnel.

Ivey and Blades are in their third year and should hold down the outside. If the rising sophomores make a jump, they can contribute as well.

Advertisement
Back