Ivins talking Miami QB's on NBC

In one of Lane Roffers podcast, he breaks down TVD and other players measurables based on his database of over 10,000 college players. He feeds the camp combine numbers of high school athletes into his computer programming model to project what type of player a kid is. TVD projects as Deshaun Watson. That's NOT what lance thinks. It's what the computer program spit out on who TVD is like. So, TVD is a bigger version of Deshaun Watson. TVD was a 3 sport athlete in high school. He will accelerate in Lashlee's offense in a similar way Watson did for Clemson from an athletic perspective.
Yea, just no.

That is the exact problem with the whole depending on that - revenge of the nerds aka use a computer program/app; Instead of being acknowledged at all in any topic. The individuals who just copy and paste another persons opinion, and especially some artificial intelligence stupidity should just keep the mouth shut. And/or just not type away on whateer form of keyboard the person types away on.

Advertisement
I think it also had to do with the size of Enos’ playbook. We heard all year that kids were having trouble with it because their were so many plays. Try learning that on top of an 18 credit semester

We can talk about the lack of discipline and IQ in the QB room, but Enos’ failure to adapt or teach these kids how to audible is on him. Failure to be prepared. The QB carousel during games showed how chaotic it actually was. That and that wet play call sheet against FIU.

Advertisement
I think miami should consider interviewing ivins for an off field recruiting role. Its a bit outside of the box but he gets it well.

We can talk about the lack of discipline and IQ in the QB room, but Enos’ failure to adapt or teach these kids how to audible is on him. Failure to be prepared. The QB carousel during games showed how chaotic it actually was. That and that wet play call sheet against FIU.

Sums up the Enos era.
2319A587-324F-44C7-9C15-C4DEECB373BC.png

Advertisement
How's that on Enos? Call a play and get a desired look and the qb can't even see it?

They run what Enos dials up. It doesn’t seem like the QBs had the power to audible. Regardless of if they did or not, QB still shoulders some of the blame because he should have just taken the easy 6.

WOOOO!!!, I needed a good laugh this morning, good lookin' Bro:

Opening combine results:

Deshaun Watson: 6’3, 190, 4.89 forty, 4.24 shuttle, 39 powerball
Tyler Van Dyke: 6’4, 212, 4.91 forty, 4.28 shuttle, 38.5 powerball

Nobody is saying that TVD is the same athlete as Watson. We’re saying TVD is a much better athlete than people realize. And that’s supported by verified testing and his multi-sport background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opening combine results:

Tyler Van Dyke: 6’4, 212, 4.91 forty, 4.28 shuttle, 38.5 shuttle

Nobody is saying that TVD is the same athlete as Watson. We’re saying TVD is a much better athlete than people realize. And that’s supported by verified testing and his multi-sport background.

Oh I think He has the potential to be a really good College QB, I liked Roman's breakdown of Him. Just sayin' pump the brakes that's all.

Advertisement
Having the same athleticism and having the same instincts in the pocket to be able to escape pressure and still keep your eyes downfield are two different things.

Watson isn’t a “special” athlete, but where he is special in his ability to do the latter above.

I’m saying modeling compares the athleticism of TVD to Deshaun Watson more closely than any other testing QB in the nation since 2014.

That means he possesses the former above. Have to have that first before you can start being the playmaker next. That is TBD on TVD, and that skill is really the separator for me.

I may be a dork, but I’m also a dork who has played, coached, learned how to grade and break down film from people who get paid to do it in life.

The point is that TVD has the tools to effectively operate this offense.

They run what Enos dials up. It doesn’t seem like the QBs had the power to audible. Regardless of if they did or not, QB still shoulders some of the blame because he should have just taken the easy 6.

I heard that too about not trusting the qbs to audible, but this is an easy read.. I'm sure Enos is not telling his qbs "hey, even if you see a guy lined up wide open for an easy score don't throw it to him". A qb with this type of tunnel vision tells me he is too overwhelmed to process what's in front of him.

Opening combine results:

Tyler Van Dyke: 6’4, 212, 4.91 forty, 4.28 shuttle, 38.5 shuttle

Honestly I thought everyone understood this , guess not

Advertisement
One thing that is troubling for 2021. We brought in a QB to run Enos offense and now we are going up tempo spread.
Hope Van Dyke and Lashlee can adjust to each other.

Lashlee has already stated that build his offense around his players.

If the QB can run they use that if they can’t then they don’t.

Advertisement
Back