Ivins: Now what on CB's

So it wasn’t just UF swooping in at the last minute with bags with Marshall?

Well there are two possibilities:

1) Miami somehow botched the recruitment at the very last minute and he decided to flip
2) UF dropped massive bags

I don't have any evidence (not even circumstantial), to support the former. On the latter, we have PLENTY of evidence that his head coach is a snake who has badmouthed the Canes in the past and and got caught lying about the recruitment of another kid to make Miami look bad. He caught so much heat that he had to retract what he said and did that fake apology "I misspoke" nonsense. We also know his coach is good friends with some UF coaches. So all signs point to option 2.

Advertisement
My fear is we keep surviving games this year and finish with only 1 or 2 losses and Diaz thinks everything is fine and makes no changes.
It’s definitely a concern. That’s why we’ll know after the season ends, whether he can take the next step as a HC, or he’s going to be like the other 2 before him.

Does that have an impact on overall optics? I mean am I happy we are 7-1? Of Course. I would rather that than 3-5 or some BS but you dont usually see coaches from winning programs fired unless they voluntarily leave or get poached by other programs. Why would a highly regarded D coach want to come to a program where his successor was fired when the team went 10-1 or something similar?
Because the HC had to step in and run it?

Well there are two possibilities:

1) Miami somehow botched the recruitment at the very last minute and he decided to flip
2) UF dropped massive bags

I don't have any evidence (not even circumstantial), to support the former. On the latter, we have PLENTY of evidence that his head coach is a snake who has badmouthed the Canes in the past and and got caught lying about the recruitment of another kid to make Miami look bad. He caught so much heat that he had to retract what he said and did that fake apology "I misspoke" nonsense. We also know his coach is good friends with some UF coaches. So all signs point to option 2.
Except that’s not true. It could be both at the same time. Everyone on this site wants things to exist in a vacuum and mutually exclusive from one another when they rarely do.

Because the HC had to step in and run it?
That I can see if it is relayed to the new person coming in. My secondary fear is that the admin somewhat wants this. Us to be good enough to go 10-1 win the coastal and that is enough for them.

Advertisement
Age has nothing to do with it...y’all old heads always want to bring up age...I’m 29 and I’ve been in love with the canes as far as I can remember...I’m not a dumb *** fan who thinks Manny is the answer but I’m also smart enough to see that he is a first time head coach in year 2 who is 7-1 that’s a fact but y’all old heads think it’s some magic pill and we should be in the Natty right now and we should be dominant....should he have been hired in the 1st place that’s a different argument but all I’m saying is I will let it play out and see how the team continues to improve as Manny continues to grow..some of y’all old heads don’t even have y’all life figured out but come on here like y’all have all the answers stfu
💁🏻‍♂️ Lol.

Does that have an impact on overall optics? I mean am I happy we are 7-1? Of Course. I would rather that than 3-5 or some BS but you dont usually see coaches from winning programs fired unless they voluntarily leave or get poached by other programs. Why would a highly regarded D coach want to come to a program where his successor was fired when the team went 10-1 or something similar?

In the Madden games, you can hire and fire coaches without repercussions. Video game football has informed a lot of the posters on here who think that's how the real world operates. In the real world, if Diaz had a reputation for hiring and firing staff after one year, no quality assistant coach would have any interest in joining his staff.

Let's say you had a position group where it is clear to most people that you need a couple years of good recruiting and coaching to turn around. What coach capable of generating that turnaround would want to join the staff if he knows that the HC doesn't have the patience to give the guy a couple of years to do his job?

The coaching community is a small tight knit circle. Good or bad it's all known to each other. Our issue wouldn't be a dc being fired off a winning team it would be not wanting to deal with being micro managed by a coach known to do so. Also y'all gotta stop thinking this has been on baker and that's it. Not true and hasn't been since middle of last season.

Except that’s not true. It could be both at the same time. Everyone on this site wants things to exist in a vacuum and mutually exclusive from one another when they rarely do.

Those are mutually exclusive choices. There is no logical way it could be both. If Miami botched the recruitment and he decided to flip, why would UF pay him 250k+? Because they like giving money away to guys who have already decided to sign with them?

Advertisement
I'm solely interested in results. Don't care about amateur hour or slighting hs coaches if it doesn't materially affect the bottom line. Hopefully Manny can deliver the results. I think he has the personality to win big in that city.

A 11-1 season and a top ten recruiting class is an A+++ result.

A 10-2 season and around 10-15 recruiting class, especially the way they play the portal, is an A+ result.

8-4 and a ****** recruiting class is a D. Everything in between is a C to a B.

Let's see what happens.

It’s definitely a concern. That’s why we’ll know after the season ends, whether he can take the next step as a HC, or he’s going to be like the other 2 before him.
I'm genuinely curious to hear what you think will happen

Advertisement
The coaching community is a small tight knit circle. Good or bad it's all known to each other. Our issue wouldn't be a dc being fired off a winning team it would be not wanting to deal with being micro managed by a coach known to do so. Also y'all gotta stop thinking this has been on baker and that's it. Not true and hasn't been since middle of last season.
I wasn’t talking Baker specifically. More so meant any defensive coach. Then Aside from optics comes $. I’m not going to even pretend to know a lot of the BOT or boosters. Only people I talk to are stu and Paul (more so Paul’s kids because I do legal work for them) and they seem to care about the program and get ****ed at other BOT members who believe as long as we are decent resources are better spent elsewhere so it’s not only the people we see every day that are a hurdle.

Can someone fill me in on the Rumph/Bartender saga? Or just gimme a page where it starts

I'm genuinely curious to hear what you think will happen
Lol! No you’re not - that’s scary. I have no idea really. It could go either way but I am hoping for the best.

I’ll go out on an uninformed limb and say that I think he’s a smart, ambitious guy who wants to succeed and so the changes to defensive staff will not be limited to 1 coach (not solely Rumph). He saw what Lashlee and King did for the offense. He saw what Jorn did for Mork.

I’m going to be optimistic.

Advertisement
I wasn’t talking Baker specifically. More so meant any defensive coach. Then Aside from optics comes $. I’m not going to even pretend to know a lot of the BOT or boosters. Only people I talk to are stu and Paul (more so Paul’s kids because I do legal work for them) and they seem to care about the program and get ****ed at other BOT members who believe as long as we are decent resources are better spent elsewhere so it’s not only the people we see every day that are a hurdle.
Those 2 aren’t the hurdle.

The more people I speak to who are close to Miami football, the more I find out that we have inner problems. (particularly on the defensive side of the ball)

You guys don't like to hear it because it's your beloved program and we're "7-1 bro!" and I understand that. It's just weird to me how some of you will eat-up ANYTHING positive regardless of who it comes from and shun anything negative (even if it comes from someone with inside knowledge). It's like hearing that your chick is fvckin' another dude behind your back, from a reliable source, but you refuse to believe it because you love the *****. Don't be that guy.

Me personally...I've given yall both positive news and negative news over the years. Any time I get any info I share it.
If it's positive, yall eat it up and hit the like button a hundred times.
If it's negative, I get **** on, called bitter and an "unqualified high school slapd!ck coach with a grudge" or whatever else yall come up with. LOL

When I shared the Nike Coaching Clinic crash party I was "Macho da gawd".
But when I told yall about the negative experience I had at a UM coaching clinic/social and how their staff wouldn't even acknowledge me despite being a lead coach at a major school, I was "bitter" and upset that I didn't get my dingaling stroked.

So with that said, some of us who hear inside information may be reluctant to share it at times because some of yall are simply too emotional and can't handle hearing negative news about your beloved Miami Hurricanes. What some of yall don't realize is that we want Miami to be good just as much as yall do! IF NOT MORE! Because some of us are vested in one way or another! (I've got kids there)
When I hear negative info about our staff, it's disappointing. You guys don't hear about the **** that goes on behind the scenes so it's all sunshine and rainbows for yall! People who hear inside info have a completely different outlook.
You guys get excited about James Williams, but I know that we almost botched that recruitment.
You guys clown Rumph for not having any CB's aboard, but I know that his hands are tied and our defensive staff had Marshall committed but blew it.

There's plenty of stuff I hear that's very disappointing and lets me know that it's straight-up amateur hour down in Coral Gables, but yall don't wanna hear that ****.
It's crazy to me though, because how in the world does THIS staff deserve any benefit of the doubt? When you look at our defensive staff in particular, what about their resumes tells you that they deserve our trust? LOL. Be for real!

Here's the thing, Coach.

I do want to hear it. I enrolled at UM in 1986. I went for undergrad, grad, and law, I was a student during THREE national championships. I've seen the ups and downs, and I'm built rugged. I can handle it.

On the other hand, based on what I see from many porsters on this board, they are fragile flowers who need to be told exactly who we are recruiting every five minutes, or else they lose all confidence and begin to wear sackcloth and ashes while they rend their hair.

I know we had Marshall committed, but there are dimwits on this board who want to mock us for saying so.

And I know there are some issues with our D-side coaches that I hope will be addressed in the offseason.

For the record, I loved your posts on the Nike coaching clinic and didn't say a bad word when you posted about the other coaching clinic.

The more people I speak to who are close to Miami football, the more I find out that we have inner problems. (particularly on the defensive side of the ball)

You guys don't like to hear it because it's your beloved program and we're "7-1 bro!" and I understand that. It's just weird to me how some of you will eat-up ANYTHING positive regardless of who it comes from and shun anything negative (even if it comes from someone with inside knowledge). It's like hearing that your chick is fvckin' another dude behind your back, from a reliable source, but you refuse to believe it because you love the *****. Don't be that guy.

Me personally...I've given yall both positive news and negative news over the years. Any time I get any info I share it.
If it's positive, yall eat it up and hit the like button a hundred times.
If it's negative, I get **** on, called bitter and an "unqualified high school slapd!ck coach with a grudge" or whatever else yall come up with. LOL

When I shared the Nike Coaching Clinic crash party I was "Macho da gawd".
But when I told yall about the negative experience I had at a UM coaching clinic/social and how their staff wouldn't even acknowledge me despite being a lead coach at a major school, I was "bitter" and upset that I didn't get my dingaling stroked.

So with that said, some of us who hear inside information may be reluctant to share it at times because some of yall are simply too emotional and can't handle hearing negative news about your beloved Miami Hurricanes. What some of yall don't realize is that we want Miami to be good just as much as yall do! IF NOT MORE! Because some of us are vested in one way or another! (I've got kids there)
When I hear negative info about our staff, it's disappointing. You guys don't hear about the **** that goes on behind the scenes so it's all sunshine and rainbows for yall! People who hear inside info have a completely different outlook.
You guys get excited about James Williams, but I know that we almost botched that recruitment.
You guys clown Rumph for not having any CB's aboard, but I know that his hands are tied and our defensive staff had Marshall committed but blew it.

There's plenty of stuff I hear that's very disappointing and lets me know that it's straight-up amateur hour down in Coral Gables, but yall don't wanna hear that ****.
It's crazy to me though, because how in the world does THIS staff deserve any benefit of the doubt? When you look at our defensive staff in particular, what about their resumes tells you that they deserve our trust? LOL. Be for real!

Defensive staff does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. 100%. The process of how Manny was hired was laughable. 100%. Rumph doesn't have final say on CBs. 100%.

But on Rumph, he needs to bang the table for his guys and convince the decision makers. Problem is, he's not a bang the table guy. Dude can't sell (apparently, kids or adults).

Advertisement
Back