Ivins: Miami making final push for Roche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he is down to VT or UM I assume he just wants a team that will be a contender for the ACC title, not a natty. UM would be the coastal favorite by a huge margin with King at QB.

Yeah, well, we've screwed that up plenty before.

Advertisement
I keep seeing comments that Miami will be a lock for the Acc title game if King comes here. Does he play QB and about 3 positions from the O-line?Not saying that the team won't be better, King is clearly more talented at the QB position than anyone we have on the roster except for maybe Van Dyke but he still hasn't gone to prom yet. A major deficiency last year was the inability for our O-line to 1. protect the QB and 2. consistently open up holes for our running backs.

Miami or VT? For a talented pass rushing DE, the obvious choice is Miami.
Not exactly. From a schematic perspective, Miami makes better since because of the aggressive style given that Bud Foster has retired. IDK who his replacement is or what style of defense they'll run.

Secondly, and most importantly a grad transfer is going to look at the roster for his position. On one hand, we are loaded with talent at DE. That can be a negative because there's multiple players that will take snaps and the spotlight away. He will be 2nd to Rousseau . On the positive side, Rousseau will see double teams freeing up Roche for 1 v 1 matchups.

IMO, Roche would split time with Patchan the way Hill did. That's not a positive in Roche's eyes. Any DE wants to be an every down player and play 75%-85% of the snaps. Roche would get a 50%-60% of the snaps here at Miami. For that reason, I think Roche chooses VT.

Just like King, Roche would have to enroll by end of day Tuesday to practice in the Spring. We'll know his decision by tomorrow.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz is still the coach. Don’t matter if we get King, Roche, or a kicker. We have the worst coach in P5 football. We are wasting our time and valuable resources with Manny leading the program and players are wasting their eligibility playing for him.

The Dallas Cowboys had one of the most talented rosters in football, but you wanna know what else they had? Jason Garrett.

A bad coach >>> talent

For some reason I was already under the impression he was locked in.

He was up until he visited us 2 weeks ago which is weird. LOL. Usually its the other way around. After you visit a place you are sold. Looks like the distance actually gave him cold feet if you let him tell it. I do believe at first he wanted to go to a contender but when none came calling he settled on going to school that was closer to home. I am not buying the "I'll come if King comes" nonsense. I think hes VT.

(But the good news is that it seems like King got word that Roche was following his lead re UM and is following Roche on twitter now. So looks like King is recruiting for us here. Cant be a bad thing. We called Roche's bluff on this one)

VT had 0 players drafted last year and loses Bud Foster to retirement.

Pretty sure this dude can handle ~9 months away from his precious hometown to cash in on an opportunity to play off the unblockable 15. Or he can go to Bleaksburg where they haven't produced a good NFL DE in a decade.

ROFL, Great bulletin points, if that man choses V-Tech over us at this stage, than the ACC is just a dress rehearsal for ciach fuente before he transition to the security & exchange commission conference a.k.a. s.e.c. cause also, didnt fuente interview for that Baylor job opening!

Advertisement
roche is concerned about distance but the article says he would consider coming if we land king
So the distance he is worried about is that distance between us being a good team and us being another **** show. He knows we need a QB. Nice to see a young man thinking big picture.

People like that, that's already came to the conclusion that Manny needs to be fired, have never been in a locker room before. We are a King away from being what we thought we would last year.
As bad as Manny is, a quality QB makes a huge difference. Look at the culture at FSU in 2013. It was a cesspool.

Still, it's easier to win with an above average QB on a team where everyone is working hard, than to find a once in a lifetime QB that can overcome a crappy culture and lead you to wins. I want the culture fixed. If King can come in and fix the QB room, with Lashlee, it would be a wonderful thing.

if he is worried about the distance then he probably must not have any dreams of playing in the NFL? lol. .. I mean God forbid next year he get drafted by the 49ers..... he gonna tell them no it's too far to sign with the 49ers? lol.. ha ha

..I think distance would be an excuse right now

True story, had a guy we grew up with, he was round 6-3 or 6-4 somewhere round 340lbs, ran at least a 4.5/6 forty, played o-line in college, this in the 80's now, so the Seattle Seahawks wanted to draft em, he told em, it was to far, he didnt wanna go, and at that time, his Mother had just got her legs amputated cause of diabete's, so he turned them down. That's back when 2-PLAY TEZ, steve largent(funny thing is, i use to use Seattle on tecmo bowl, neighborhood champ, that curl route couldnt be stopped, curt warner, brian Blades, largent and the ridiculously overrated bosworth, the one time for sure i used racism in my favor, if madden was out than, devin hester wouldnt have been the 1st player with a 100 rating, lol)and the boyz were their!

Man f*** all that mama's boy I wanna be close to home bs. Think of what you can do for your family by playing opposite of Rousseau, putting up good stats with a higher likelihood of getting to the NFL too.

Its True though, some guys luv they Mother's like that!

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he wants to play for a contender, Va Tech & Miami shouldn't even be on his list lol.

Va Tech ain't winning shìt next year, we might not either, but I know **** sure they ain't.
They were a ton better than we were in a year we were supposed to be good and they weren’t. How do you feel any confidence saying this ****. We stink and we still have manny

When the naysayers 'nay' you picked up your pace. You said nothing's going to stop me so get out of my face. You're having adventures all over the place, Roche, ROCHE!

Rosseau barely saw the field until game 4 or 5

Trevon Hill didn’t start and got partial snsps

Also, Manny Diaz is still the coach which is **** near a career killer. He’s the worst coach in football

He’d be a **** fool to come to Miami and play for Manny Diaz
1579533571131.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back