Ivins Latest

Advertisement
Look I get it, it’s apples to oranges and I don’t think anyone is comparing the coaches but the inverse of that argument also seems silly.

So because coach k has 11 championships and has been a great coach for years he gets a free pass for losing to an FCS school but a coach in his first year ever as a head coach doesn’t? So if coach K lost to Stephen Austin in year one he gets blasted but year 30 gets a pass?? Makes no sense.

I also looked and can’t believe coach K has been there since 1980.... BUT he came over from Army with a 9-17 record in his last year and at duke first year 17-13, second year 10-17 and third year 11-17.... CIS would have fried him lol
After the 10-17 season he signed one of the greatest recruiting classes in NCAAB history. The 11-17 year was starting them as freshmen. There was ample reason to believe they'd start winning soon, and they did.

Duke losing to SFA is pathetic, but anyone with a pulse knows that K has a track record where his team will brush it off and win 25 games.

There is no evidence via the on-field product or the recruiting product to suggest Diaz turns anything around.

Advertisement
Saban also didn’t recruit half the team that lost to Louisiana Monroe. People are so ******* stupid, it’s mind boggling.
Diaz been here for four years he did recruit some of that roster ....,oh wait I forgot he doesn't recruit even as a HC now so u may be right. Damnit mane

Advertisement
Diaz been here for four years he did recruit some of that roster ....,oh wait I forgot he doesn't recruit even as a HC now so u may be right. Damnit mane

He was responsible and picked ALL his Defensive players. Richt gave him that Green light.

So because coach k has 11 championships and has been a great coach for years he gets a free pass for losing to an FCS school but a coach in his first year ever as a head coach doesn’t? So if coach K lost to Stephen Austin in year one he gets blasted but year 30 gets a pass?? Makes no sense.
Yes, it does. Coaches like saban and K get the benefit of the doubt when their teams drop games they shouldn't because they have 5 rings that beg to argue their corch status. Great coaching over an extended period of time can buy you a bad loss here and there.

Advertisement
This might sound crazy but is it possible the other silent is Hyppolite? He would need to decommit from Maryland. maybe it's one of those decommit - commit announcements.
It is not. We’ll see after this week if anything changes with his recruitment, but he’s not one of the silents.

Advertisement
Yes, it does. Coaches like saban and K get the benefit of the doubt when their teams drop games they shouldn't because they have 5 rings that beg to argue their corch status. Great coaching over an extended period of time can buy you a bad loss here and there.
What is so hard about this to understand for people?

I laugh at going to Temple to be head coach when your dream job in the city your from opens up. I'm about 1000% sure if my dream job opened up ready or not I'm going for it.
I used to dream about being an Army Ranger or Navy Seal. I'm 1000% sure if it was offered to me I'd turn it down so I didn't end up dead on the first day of basic training.

Advertisement
Back