Ivins Latest

Advertisement
Recruits arent stupid they know collins will get it turned around. Ga tech is beautiful school that has one of the top engineering degrees in a great metro area

OK so Collins wil get it turned around but Diaz won't?

I'm not defending Diaz and have been critical about him for months on this message board, I'm out of my mind with him and this putrid performance this year. But one highly regarded DC can turn things around but the other (whose program is just historically better, and obviously has better team right now) can't? Way more confidence in the 3-8 guy than the 6-5 guy? Why the **** would you or Harrell be so much more convinced in Geoff Collins? WTF has he ever accomplished? I like Collins, he's well-regarded...But honestly since when is he some kind of lock? Sure GT beat us on some flukey ****, but they are getting boat raced 45-0 by teams.

Better hire due to having HC experience? I'll listen...But Temple shortly wasn't any monster under him for you (and presumably Harrell like you are saying) to be so convinced with this Collins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I laugh at going to Temple to be head coach when your dream job in the city your from opens up. I'm about 1000% sure if my dream job opened up ready or not I'm going for it.
And you'd be sacked for incompetence.

Right that pretty much sets miami back 4 years. Manny wasnt bought out. I believe he signed a 3 year contract? Hes getting paid less than mark richt. If he dosent get it done next year hes gone.

Diaz will be given 4 years to suck. That’s the way Miami works.

You really think Miami cares about football as much as FSU or Arkansas?

Plus, part of Taggart’s problem at FSU was that he couldn’t blame the previous coach, since he had inherited top 5 coaches from Jimbo. Since Richt didn’t leave that level of talent behind, Manny will be allowed to blame Richt for longer. (Even though Manny was second in command under Richt and one of Richt’s main recruiters.)

Diaz will be given 4 years to suck. That’s the way Miami works.

You really think Miami cares about football as much as FSU or Arkansas?

Plus, part of Taggart’s problem at FSU was that he couldn’t blame the previous coach, since he had inherited top 5 coaches from Jimbo. Since Richt didn’t leave that level of talent behind, Manny will be allowed to blame Richt for longer. (Even though Manny was second in command under Richt and one of Richt’s main recruiters.)
2018 was a top 5 class

Advertisement
2018 was a top 5 class

Actually it was #8 per 247 sports. And that was Richt’s only top 10 class.

2016 and 2017 were subpar classes that were basically on par with Golden’s classes. And 2019 was the worst class I have ever seen at Miami. (I know Manny was technically the coach on 2019 signing day, but Richt still the coach on the Early Signing Day, which everybody knows is the real signing day.)

Unfortunately, Diaz doesn’t seem like he’s any better of a recruiter than Richt was, based on how the 2020 class is going.

Actually it was #8 per 247 sports. And that was Richt’s only top 10 class.

2016 and 2017 were subpar classes that were basically on par with Golden’s classes. And 2019 was the worst class I have ever seen at Miami. (I know Manny was technically the coach on 2019 signing day, but Richt still the coach on the Early Signing Day, which everybody knows is the real signing day.)

Unfortunately, Diaz doesn’t seem like he’s any better of a recruiter than Richt was, based on how the 2020 class is going.
Well let's count the transfer portal for Diaz for 2019 too..

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is going to GT hence the recent offer to Delancy...stupid how that kid didn’t have any offer anyways. One silent is off the board now.
So if I understand correctly, a “Bat Signal” will have to be recalled? And then they give a last ditch offer to Delancy?

This is some circus clown sh** show stuff if so. It’s just a nightmare that never ends if so.

Advertisement
Back