Ivins: “numbers situation”

Not true. Anyone who is on your team this year that wasn't on the team last year counts against your initial counter numbers.

Grad transfers
transfers
HS kids
That's ridiculous. What's the point of allowing 85 if you can't have 85. I get the 25 per year but that should only be high school. With the grad transfers and now the portal, there will be roster subtractions and additions from all levels of classes/eligibility.

Advertisement
That's ridiculous. What's the point of allowing 85 if you can't have 85. I get the 25 per year but that should only be high school. With the grad transfers and now the portal, there will be roster subtractions and additions from all levels of classes/eligibility.
I don’t disagree, but I mean that’s part of roster management and not having to rely in the portal. It’s a very precarious thing. It will come back to haunt you later on down the road. Is what it is.

That’s why taking a kid who doesn’t qualify is bad too roght

I don’t disagree, but I mean that’s part of roster management and not having to rely in the portal. It’s a very precarious thing. It will come back to haunt you later on down the road. Is what it is.

That’s why taking a kid who doesn’t qualify is bad too roght
I get what you're saying but you have to fill the roster and you to have experience and leadership, it can't all be eighteen year olds either. They are definitely going to have to amend that.

But you have to fill the roster and you to have experience and leadership, it can't all be eighteen year olds either. They are definitely going to have to amend that.
Like I said I don’t disagree and I hope they do but the rule was put into place to stop school like Bama from signing 30-35 kids a year and processing existing kids in the rooster

Like I said I don’t disagree and I hope they do but the rule was put into place to stop school like Bama from signing 30-35 kids a year and processing existing kids in the rooster
I've heard that but they are the only team I've heard doing that and honestly, if the kids know that and still choose to go, that's on them. They weren't hiding it and they're one of the only ones in the country that could pull it off. They still had to operate within the same 85 as anyone else

Advertisement
I've heard that but they are the only team I've heard doing that and honestly, if the kids know that and still choose to go, that's on them. They weren't hiding it and they're one of the only ones in the country that could pull it off. They still had to operate within the same 85 as anyone else
Again all fair points but the rules are the rules and right now we have 1 more kid we can take, 2 if we don’t take moise or he defers to spring

Again all fair points but the rules are the rules and right now we have 1 more kid we can take, 2 if we don’t take moise or he defers to spring
I understand, I definitely hope they get the best 2 OL available with what's left. All these other positions are great but we've been severely underperforming there since at least 2013

Idc how they play with the numbers. We cant have players like #34 taking meaningful snaps vs GT.

I have another question, isnt chaminade a private school? Why are they having trouble getting kids qualified for college?

You are kidding right?

Advertisement
I understand, I definitely hope they get the best 2 OL available with what's left. All these other positions are great but we've been severely underperforming there since at least 2013
Honestly for my money.....I’d rather them take another WR with the offense we have coming in. Just think for a spread we short on WRs. Even with our TEs. Just my thought tho

Honestly for my money.....I’d rather them take another WR with the offense we have coming in. Just think for a spread we short on WRs. Even with our TEs. Just my thought tho
I think we're good with who we have, plus the new guys and we just got the kid from Cali. Just like the scheme will help the OL, I think we'll see the receivers do a lot better. But just looking at each position aside from scheme, I think we need much better talent and depth at OL. Jmo

They use every sub rule there is on the initial counter rule. Every cycle they post the NCAA rules on their board.

UGA also asks kids to blueshirt. It's why Rhys-Plumlee decommitted from UGA.

Advertisement

ncaa is useless. They did thisto stop over signing. Now colleges recruit kids in college and it ***** everyone over w the counters now.

I think we're good with who we have, plus the new guys and we just got the kid from Cali. Just like the scheme will help the OL, I think we'll see the receivers do a lot better. But just looking at each position aside from scheme, I think we need much better talent and depth at OL. Jmo

we have four wrs eeing. We didn’t wanna grad transfer wr bc we didn’t wanna lose current kids to transfer. Ivins said ol is the next target w the only spot left. Likey 2 spots bc moise isn’t qualifying

Advertisement
How can you oversign if you have to stay at 85? I know you can go over 25 but if you have under 85, it's not oversigning. I guess that's where I get confused
I agree. It is confusing lol. I just know we can’t sign Ovee 25 unless count forwards or back. We can’t count back. Can count forward but won’t bc of 21 class

We need a supplemental signing period for schools that lose a large number of players to the portal. But this would need to have stipulations and limits i.e if the transfers were due to school sanctions vs a coaching change etc.

Definitely a lot to figure out but the current way of doing things needs to get fixed

You can get to the limit but not with cats like Norton and McIntosh leaving early.

Advertisement
Back