Ivey is gone

Advertisement
Ivey has tools. His biggest problem is giving up the long ball due to lack of speed.

Our corners were cut loose early and got physical with receivers and it worked. As the year went we started doing more of that trying to shadow guys in press and gave up more plays.

Ivey would have to play on a team with a good pass rush, told to play physical in press and not be left on an island. Do that, and you can get a big corner to matchup against big receivers. He improved a lot with opening his hips too early and getting beat quick. If he had a better 100m time, we would have a better opinion of him.

His limitations have been known yet we still put him on an island over and over. That’s as big a problem with this program as talent or culture.

Ivey has tools. His biggest problem is giving up the long ball due to lack of speed.

Our corners were cut loose early and got physical with receivers and it worked. As the year went we started doing more of that trying to shadow guys in press and gave up more plays.

Ivey would have to play on a team with a good pass rush, told to play physical in press and not be left on an island. Do that, and you can get a big corner to matchup against big receivers. He improved a lot with opening his hips too early and getting beat quick. If he had a better 100m time, we would have a better opinion of him.

His limitations have been known yet we still put him on an island over and over. That’s as big a problem with this program as talent or culture.
4.3 incoming

Advertisement
That TAMU game was the the best game of his career. Wished he had more of those. Hopefully a team takes a chance on him, and he becomes a great player. Even if he goes the Mike Jackson route, that’s still great. Good luck to him.

It’s games like this that infuriates the fan base w/ him. By all accounts, Ivey looks like a prototypical, sure fire Day 1 or 2 CB at the next level. He has those moments, too; but, those moments r so far few in between. To me, it’s all up top w/ him. Mike Jackson was a baller here, once he became a starter. I don’t think Ivey gets drafted, but even if he can hang around the NFL as a practice squad, call up from time to time player, that’ll be great.

I won’t confuse the on field Ivey w/ the off field Ivey, who’s been a great kid. I hope the light bulb turns on for him b/c he has the tools, but he just uses the saw to hammer things way too often.

It’s games like this that infuriates the fan base w/ him. By all accounts, Ivey looks like a prototypical, sure fire Day 1 or 2 CB at the next level. He has those moments, too; but, those moments r so far few in between. To me, it’s all up top w/ him. Mike Jackson was a baller here, once he became a starter. I don’t think Ivey gets drafted, but even if he can hang around the NFL as a practice squad, call up from time to time player, that’ll be great.

I won’t confuse the on field Ivey w/ the off field Ivey, who’s been a great kid. I hope the light bulb turns on for him b/c he has the tools, but he just uses the saw to hammer things way too often.
I think he’ll get drafted if he performs well at the combine, if he’s invited. Just hope he gets the chance and hangs around in the NFL. Thats where I’m comparing him to Mike Jack. Took him 3 years to finally get an opportunity and capitalized on it in a big way in Seattle. But I don’t disagree with you at all. He’s had some good moments, but the bad definitely outweighed the good. Hope he gets a chance in the league, and balls out.

Lack of speed at corner is a huge "tool" that's like saying a boxer has all the tools but no arms at all just a torso and legs.

Advertisement
He’s going to test great and look like a created player at the combine.

Coaches/GM are going to fall in love with his potential.

He’s a Cane that played to the best of his ability and not once caused any issues to the team.

Good luck to him.. hope he can make a living in the league for him and his family.

Last edited:
He’s going to test great and look like a created players at the combine.

He’s a Cane that played to the best of his ability and not once caused any issues to the team.

Good luck to him.. hope he can make a living in the league for him and his family.
Wasn’t he the one that was high and left that cousin of Corn Elders behind during his visit?

Advertisement

Ivey is a 4.65 guy imo....

One thing about Ivey is you will always know he’s in coverage cause his back is turned to the camera as he trails the guy he’s trying to cover…

Advertisement

So being suspended for the very first game of his career against an in-state rival doesn't count? A primetime game where he was in the 2 deep after being one of the raves of camp (I mean, in retro it was probably better he was suspended because he was the rave of camp every year and was never good)

And he caused a **** of a lot of problems on the field.

When Ivey was at his best...When he flashed...It was flashes of servicable. That was his ceiling. Serevicable. He stunk.

Last edited:

Was a cane.

don’t give me this **** that he’s a cane. Was a cane and not any more.

y’all can stop the slurping , take It over to the Duke forums and celebrate the guy. Or wherever he went.

when/ if he’s drafted, His college will not say MIAMI.

Advertisement
Back