Ivey is gone

Often wonder about what if's.. Perhaps on a different team, environment & staff, he would have achieved success/gained confidence early and became dominant. You never know.
Guy was recruited by big schools and impressed 3-4 different secondary coaches in practice. It's so strange what happened in games. Maybe he's just afraid of the limelight, maybe he just never fit the scheme.

Advertisement
A team is going to take a chance on him. He’s notoriously been a good practice player at Miami. For some reason it never translated to games.

He’s going to test off the charts too. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at the bottom of the second round. Probably fourth round though.
I'm sorry what????? Coaches and scouts aren't that dumb. He may practice well but they'll pull the game film out on him and turn it off within 2 minutes. He will not get drafted.

With his size, wingspan, and speed he is 10000% getting drafted. Some NFL coach will think they can fix him.
He's been here for 5 years and regressed every single year. There's no fixing him....he is what he is. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We must have been watching a different player then for 5 years
I pointed out the exact area he improved on, which can be proven in film. It wasn't a generalized statement. Here's more; He had 2 INT this year (he had 3 as a Soph and 0 the other 3 years), career high in Passes Deflected, career high in tackles, played a career best game against TAMU, got 2 Forced Fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries (none of either his previous 4 years). Him getting beat by speedy receivers will always be part of his game (because players don't normally get much faster in college) and this year there was less of that (on his end, it was more coverage breakdowns by the safeties.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back