I've seen enough....

Advertisement
Burrow lit up last year. Remember playing LSU without Brady and said to myself Burrow is first rounder all world QB
He was 52nd in the nation last year in passing & 63rd in passing TDs with only 16. Let's not pretend he was lighting the world on fire last year.

This year he was second in passing yards per game and 1st in passing TDs.

Coaching matters. Systems matter.

Advertisement
Richt was old, burnt out, and fired from UGA. It was a horrendous hire at the time.

Go look at Howard Schnellenberger’s resume before UM. That is the type of coach we need. Anything else and its going to be the same **** again and again.

But Richt was experienced and YOU said UM needs experience as HC.

He was 52nd in the nation last year in passing & 63rd in passing TDs with only 16. Let's not pretend he was lighting the world on fire last year.

This year he was second in passing yards per game and 1st in passing TDs.

Coaching matters. Systems matter.

Sarcasm, Malik played better than him

Sarcasm, Malik played better than him
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Everyone here always wants to hire the "up and coming guy"
Joe is from here and has clearly made the difference between a mediocre LSU 2018 team and 2019 potential champs
and now everyone has cold feet cause he has no experience.
you people are worse than the BOT

Joe is from here and has clearly made the difference between a mediocre LSU 2018 team and 2019 potential champs
They want the upcoming guy that's done the job at a smaller scale. We want a HC that's proven he can run a program. We want an OC that's proven he can run offense.

We don't want the coordinator that's never run an entire program before as our HC.

I pray that we hire him but our fanbase likes old ***** as coaches. If Joe Brady had 50 years of experience he could coach at The U but he doesn't he can't. We need to find some old **** that wears new balances, dentures, has pants up to belly and says dumb **** like "water is for the weak".

Advertisement
But Richt was experienced and YOU said UM needs experience as HC.

I dont think experience is the only factor. Larry Coker is experienced.

Find a coach with a great pedigree and track record, who has experience, and a championship background.

In other words, what Howard was.

They want the upcoming guy that's done the job at a smaller scale. We want a HC that's proven he can run a program. We want an OC that's proven he can run offense.

We don't want the coordinator that's never run an entire program before as our HC.
so in other words.

you want the up and coming guy that has a proven track record.

except the problem with that is you have to hire the guy BEFORE he proves himself cause otherwise he'll end up at a big name school or the NFL and we are NOT a big name school anymore

Advertisement
Hiring Brady for HC would be a risk.... but it would also be a major shot of energy for a lifeless program. We would actually have something to sell. He could attract a transfer QB like KJ Costello or JT Daniels.

Look, Brady is hot right now...and other good young coaches know it. I'm sure they'd love to work with him. At this point, what do we gave to lose?

You still need that presence of a respected head coach. I'd sure as heck give him a massive raise, and head coach in waiting title if I were LSU.
Ed O aint gonna be around forever the way that guy chases fried catfish with gumbo.

Please show me the dead programs that came back to life by hiring guys whose best experience was as a college coordinator.

Bama needed Saban.
OSU needed Tressell (a multi champion FCS HC).
USC needed Carroll.
UF needed Meyer.
LSU needed Saban.

Stoops at OU is the only one I can think of.

Its really ******* hard to return to prominence, and requires a special type of coach. A college OC, no matter how good he is, is not going to bring Miami back, just as the best college DC didnt with Randy, and the best ACC coastal DC didnt with Manure.

Advertisement
Back