I've seen enough....

Advertisement
Advertisement
so in other words.

you want the up and coming guy that has a proven track record.

except the problem with that is you have to hire the guy BEFORE he proves himself cause otherwise he'll end up at a big name school or the NFL and we are NOT a big name school anymore
We could've had Dan Mullen twice, Fuente, Babers. Golden was one of the hottest names when we hired him. All proved they can build a program at a lower level school. Franklin makes $4M right now at Penn State. We can get into bidding wars. We paid Richt $5M. The problem with Miami is identifying the proper coach.

Please show me the dead programs that came back to life by hiring guys whose best experience was as a college coordinator.

Bama needed Saban.
OSU needed Tressell (a multi champion FCS HC).
USC needed Carroll.
UF needed Meyer.
LSU needed Saban.

Stoops at OU is the only one I can think of.

Its really ******* hard to return to prominence, and requires a special type of coach. A college OC, no matter how good he is, is not going to bring Miami back, just as the best college DC didnt with Randy, and the best ACC coastal DC didnt with Manure.
you're living in the past
we are not Bama, USC, UF or LSU

we are the University of Coral Gables that LOST to FIU

We could've had Dan Mullen twice, Fuente, Babers. Golden was one of the hottest names when we hired him. All proved they can build a program at a lower level school. Franklin makes $4M right now at Penn State. We can get into bidding wars. We paid Richt $5M. The problem with Miami is identifying the proper coach.
Golden wasn't a hot name

nobody wanted him except that guy that was impressed with the size of his binder

Advertisement
so in other words.

you want the up and coming guy that has a proven track record.

except the problem with that is you have to hire the guy BEFORE he proves himself cause otherwise he'll end up at a big name school or the NFL and we are NOT a big name school anymore

we did it in 1978. it required a serious commitment from the BOT and an understanding that we need a truly great coach, not some “up and comer coordinator”.

the situation we are in now as a program on the field is no different from the 1970s and prior.

you're living in the past
we are not Bama, USC, UF or LSU

we are the University of Coral Gables that LOST to FIU

and the reason we are that **** school now is bc we hired a bunch of inexperienced or just flat out bad coaches.

thanks for making my point.

Advertisement
Hes the coordinator. Hes working with a stacked team that has been elite for 15 years.

Do you people not understand that we need an experienced coach here??? how many times does it need to be shown???

Same guys loved Clappy. Loved Radar. Loved Golden. Loved Richt. Loved Manny.

Dense, Very, very DENSE. Slow. No UM decision maker (since Butch left) - has had a clue what a real coach looks like.

Advertisement
Our fanbase doesn't like new stuff. Golden dressed like the old coaches from the 60s, Manny and Shannon were suppose to bring back the old U.

Manny and Shannon, two hot name young coordinators. Two completely out of their depths as a HC.

you dont hire a collge coordinator at a dead program to rebuild the whole thing. its idiotic. you same morons were the ones saying diaz should be the guy. how the **** can u be wrong over and over and over???

They want the upcoming guy that's done the job at a smaller scale. We want a HC that's proven he can run a program. We want an OC that's proven he can run offense.

We don't want the coordinator that's never run an entire program before as our HC.
Well, whoever gets hired half the board will say he sucks before he gets off the plane so they can pull an "I told you so" post if it doesn't work out.

Advertisement
Back