I've been against hoping for losses but...

All it would take is an ankle sprain to Kayaa (that would sideline him) early on in either game to make either game close.

This is the scenario where the offense is dumbed down for the #2 QB and he struggles. After graduation he gets picked in a late round then goes on to win a Super Bowl as a rookie? Very likely with this staff.

Advertisement
We aren't losing to BCC. I don't think any rational Canes fan even remotely believes or is rooting for that to happen.

However, if the team comes out and looks uninspired and unprepared then it will be necessary to take a serious look at this coaching staff and take drastic actions.

GO CANES!!!!

P.S. Butch Davis

We aren't losing to BCC. I don't think any rational Canes fan even remotely believes or is rooting for that to happen.

However, if the team comes out and looks uninspired and unprepared then it will be necessary to take a serious look at this coaching staff and take drastic actions.

GO CANES!!!!

P.S. Butch Davis

have you missed the last 4 years?

Advertisement
We don't lose to Bethune; however, if Miami doesn't dominate the game that will hurt Golden. If Miami wins 35-17 or something like that Golden's seat will get hotter. No reason for Miami not to destroy them tomorrow.

Go Wild Cats!

I've seen that uninspired, unprepared look too many times.

If it happens again tomorrow night hopefully it will be the LAST time!

Do all of you still want to lose to BC if they do not hire Butch?

What makes everyone think Butch would recreate what was done in 1997 and 1998 when he brought all those players in? We were missing out on a lot of big names back then also.

Some real Einsteins in here. We're probably not going undefeated, but I'm rooting for it until we lose - as would you, if you are canes fans.
So as soon as we lose 1 game you'll start pulling for losses?

Maybe. If we lose to Nebraska, I'm still not rooting for FSU. But if we're out of the ACC title running with UVA etc. still to come, then yeah- if it gets him gone.

But if that happens he'll have lost the team again anyway, so more losses are virtually assured.

Advertisement

What makes everyone think Butch would recreate what was done in 1997 and 1998 when he brought all those players in? We were missing out on a lot of big names back then also.

I just want Golden fired. I want change. Enough is enough. It is ridiculously difficult to be unsuccessful at Miami and Golden is making it look easy.

because he did it again at UNC until they fired him as a scape goat. He had them win the ACC coastal in 2012 right? They beat us that year. He is a solid coach and an impressive recruiter.

i'm willing to a risk on butch doing it a 3rd time over Golden who hasn't done it once.

Well, Santa just told me Bethune asked him for a W against Miami and he said no.
I'm still hoping for 15-0, just like I wanted us to go undefeated in 2000, and every season before and after. Again, the chances of us losing to Bethune, firing Golden, and hiring Butch.... Well, it's just not going to happen.

This dude still puts cookies out for Santa every year.

Advertisement
If you're talking about a Facebook group, I can assure you it's not me. I don't let college athletics consume my entire existence, and all I ever do on FB regarding Canes football is mock one friend who posts Gator stuff. This is the only outlet I use regarding University of Miami athletics. I was on Grassy for years, but switched over about a year ago and haven't been back.
We all want him gone, but for the players, wouldn't you rather them win, then have him leave? These kids deserve to win.
Weown, I've always wanted al gone, just didn't want the kids to lose. And if it means inserting butch immediately, I'd take it. There would be an immediate change in attitude and direction of program. And I think a firing early or mid season would hopefully mean butch since he's available. Would rather that than after the season.
You are just as dumb here as you are in the FB group.

LOL. I knew that dude had to be the same Thomas.

Im not 100 percent but I am pretty sure.

I'd rather lose 10 games this year then win 10 games. Miami is about National Championship and we will never win one with Al, not a chance in ****. This ******* needs to be gone yesterday.

Yes. Anyone would be an upgrade and maybe the admin lucks into a good hire.

This is as bad a fit between a coach and a program as I've ever seen. Golden has no idea how to handle this situation, from recruiting, player management, on field, etc.

Advertisement
It's not going to happen against BCC....look for the wheels to fall off shortly during and after the NU game. Golden can't help it....he's addicted to hanging himself on mediocrity.

True. But what happened just before that? Recall anything about 31 scholarship reductions?

Recall anything about college football pushing for the death penalty?

Recall we didn't have enough players on the team for a scrimmage?

When you bust into the middle of something, it's real good to put everything in context - what led up to this or that, and factor in all the variable that came into play.

We may have missed out on a lot of big names, but we sure didn't miss them, did we?

Did OP ever pay up his bet to Bullish, or is he still weaseling around that particular debt? With all the interest added on, you might as well buy the fella a KIA or something.

Advertisement
Back