I've been against hoping for losses but...

5XNC

Senior
I want al gone. How many would want a loss to Bethune if it meant al was fired the next day and butch brought in?

Advertisement
If a loss to BCC would guarantee Frauden gone I would be all in. At least their would be hope for the rest of the season.

A loss tomorrow would guarantee a firing before the end of the night. And I'm pretty sure butch is lobbying behind the scenes.

Advertisement
A loss tomorrow would guarantee a firing before the end of the night. And I'm pretty sure butch is lobbying behind the scenes.
I am so jaded I don't think Blake James would pull the trigger so quickly. Responding with " I need to look at a whole body of work for this season, Al will be our coach for this season."

Our chances of going undefeated are probably greater than losing to Bethune. I'd rather go 15-0 and have him hired away after celebrating title #6 . Then we hire Butch. :Angry:

Weown, I've always wanted al gone, just didn't want the kids to lose. And if it means inserting butch immediately, I'd take it. There would be an immediate change in attitude and direction of program. And I think a firing early or mid season would hopefully mean butch since he's available. Would rather that than after the season.

It's interesting that other folks have been thinking the same thing. I thought about this earlier in the week. I don't think we'll lose the game, but if we did I wouldn't be surprised to see the fool get canned. And if all it took was a single loss, it'd be much better for the team this year anyway...

I want al gone. How many would want a loss to Bethune if it meant al was fired the next day and butch brought in?

Advertisement
We all want him gone, but for the players, wouldn't you rather them win, then have him leave? These kids deserve to win.
Weown, I've always wanted al gone, just didn't want the kids to lose. And if it means inserting butch immediately, I'd take it. There would be an immediate change in attitude and direction of program. And I think a firing early or mid season would hopefully mean butch since he's available. Would rather that than after the season.

He wouldn't survive the night. It's not just a loss, it would take a loss to Bethune or fau.
Thomas, hiring butch would immediately benefit the program and the players, trust me. It would be in their best interest.

Christ people, we aren't losing to BCC nor should you cheer against your team. Yes, we all want him gone but cheering against your team is just wrong. We get 12 games a year to cheer our team on and need to embrace them. Lower your expectations and accept that we aren't where we were and need to be. We all love our Canes like we love our kids. We don't agree with the direction of the program nor do we with our kids but when was the last time you cheered against your own kid?

I really hope Al ends up getting fired during the season.

Advertisement
Christ people, we aren't losing to BCC nor should you cheer against your team. Yes, we all want him gone but cheering against your team is just wrong. We get 12 games a year to cheer our team on and need to embrace them. Lower your expectations and accept that we aren't where we were and need to be. We all love our Canes like we love our kids. We don't agree with the direction of the program nor do we with our kids but when was the last time you cheered against your own kid?

The only function of CFB is entertainment and enjoyment.

At this point I make the case that there's no reason to miserably root for your team.

Waiting to see if we flop against Bethune is fun.

I really hope Al ends up getting fired during the season.

It's the smart move. Recruiting, coordinators, position coaches.

Whatever jobs come open first - they got first opportunities to get top staff.

And Butch Davis knows just who he wants.

I'm still hoping for 15-0, just like I wanted us to go undefeated in 2000, and every season before and after. Again, the chances of us losing to Bethune, firing Golden, and hiring Butch.... Well, it's just not going to happen.

Advertisement

This dip **** just compared a football team to his kids.....smgdh

At this point I make the case that there's no reason to miserably root for your team.

Falls under "lowering your expectations" but don't slam your beer when we score a TD and claim to be a Canes fan.

Falls under "lowering your expectations" but don't slam your beer when we score a TD and claim to be a Canes fan.

My TD celebration last year was slamming a beer, shaking my head, and muttering "******* finally..."

Yep, you've convinced me. I will root really hard for UM now!!

Advertisement
Back