ITU cooks brother

Oh wow another Dalvin Cook thread, haven't seen one of these in a while...

I'm going to take the stance of not expecting him, and be pleasantly surprised if he picks UM

If Bill Parcels taught me anything, it's that a RB is the easiest position to develop, you never need to go big.

What do I mean?

Look at Alabama, every year they have a stud at the RB position, almost each one is ok Heisman watch and one actually won it! They are supposed "game changers" yet none of them had made any noise or large impact in the league. Not even Richardson is a stud anymore and Cleveland is looking great after that trade! A running back goes as far as his line takes him! Asking as he had the vision, and strong body, he will be amazing! Duke has a line and his vision may be the best in the nation, that's what makes him great!

Now look at Auburn, I really like are Mason, but in reality, anyone decent back could be Tre Mason! He has a solid line and the scheme is built for the running back to dominate. It takes a good line, a good scheme, and a QB with good decision making skills within the scheme- Nick Marshall makes it happen for all of them.

Finally, I get the feeling Cook will be great and fast and all those good things. You can't teach vision though, and vision will take you farther than speed, especially at this level. Sure he can run away from high school players, but when he has to run through the line and follow blocks instead of around it, he may not be as great. Yearby has the vision, but not he speed, I will take it all day!

Everyone needs to stop caring if we do or don't get Cook! He won't be the reason we take the next step. A great line (which we are building) will make any of the backs we have All Americans. I remember Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams- everyone wanted Cadillac, we got Brown, Brown was way better!

yeah buddy…

So the reason the U has been what it has been has nothing to do with O.Anderson, Bratton, Mcgahee, Gore, Portis, James,……?

1) they all had great lines to go along with the amazing talent!

2) Everyone treats Yearby like he's half as good as Dalvin. Duke, Yearby, and Powell can all be that good behind a dominant line, I didn't say we don't need a great RB altogether, I'm saying we have them, AND the ones we have also have much more important skill sets than what Dalvin brings. Yes speed is great, but as a RB, if you can't run behind blocks well, and you don't have the vision, you won't be as effective! I'm sorry! Stop making all those names you just mentioned seem more like Cook than any if the other guys. Cook hasn't done anything, he isn't the standard at RB.

Advertisement
Oh wow another Dalvin Cook thread, haven't seen one of these in a while...

I'm going to take the stance of not expecting him, and be pleasantly surprised if he picks UM

If Bill Parcels taught me anything, it's that a RB is the easiest position to develop, you never need to go big.

What do I mean?

Look at Alabama, every year they have a stud at the RB position, almost each one is ok Heisman watch and one actually won it! They are supposed "game changers" yet none of them had made any noise or large impact in the league. Not even Richardson is a stud anymore and Cleveland is looking great after that trade! A running back goes as far as his line takes him! Asking as he had the vision, and strong body, he will be amazing! Duke has a line and his vision may be the best in the nation, that's what makes him great!

Now look at Auburn, I really like are Mason, but in reality, anyone decent back could be Tre Mason! He has a solid line and the scheme is built for the running back to dominate. It takes a good line, a good scheme, and a QB with good decision making skills within the scheme- Nick Marshall makes it happen for all of them.

Finally, I get the feeling Cook will be great and fast and all those good things. You can't teach vision though, and vision will take you farther than speed, especially at this level. Sure he can run away from high school players, but when he has to run through the line and follow blocks instead of around it, he may not be as great. Yearby has the vision, but not he speed, I will take it all day!

Everyone needs to stop caring if we do or don't get Cook! He won't be the reason we take the next step. A great line (which we are building) will make any of the backs we have All Americans. I remember Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams- everyone wanted Cadillac, we got Brown, Brown was way better!

Yet, there is a HUGE difference when Duke Johnson runs the ball for us than when Dallas Crawford does..

You just debunked that whole long winded stream of pomposity with one sentence. Nice.

I only get on these threads for a good laugh. Don't fap to Cooks Rivals page to hard.

Advertisement
Back