Its Tuesday.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
Advertisement
CMD will eventually go the way of Golden & Shannon and be a career assistant in college or NFL. Coker HC'd for a couple of years UTSA with ok success. this is what CMD has to be thinking, this will be my last shot to get it right.
no hope for D with current scheme and staff

A bunch of gifs and posts on Twitter from people saying that in response to some report Diaz spoke with Baker about his role on the defense going forward.. but it’s supposedly a post on Miami’s 247 board about it

You make a good point on the optics of things, but winning is much, much more important.
The problem is, this university is bereft of football knowledge, with a BOT that is 1000% reactionary.

Blake James (who shouldn’t be an AD at a school like Miami) is extremely hands off and couldn’t spot a good football coach to save his life. It’s been well documented how he jumped the gun with the Manny hire.

which leads me to, Manny is left to ride or die with his staff hires, with virtually no input from anyone else. He has Ed Reed now, but Reed has no power and is essentially a magic 8ball to Manny, picking and choosing when to utilize his advice.

Manny prides himself on being a new age “analytics” coach, so if he doesn’t make staff changes we are doomed. It would be Golden and Dorito 2.0, and unfortunately his best Def recruiter is gone

Manny better value this opportunity over his pride and Defense, and do what needs to be done.

I saw a post on a group that said Manny met with Blake yesterday but not sure what came of the meeting. It also said that Stroud is stepping down and may stay with the team in an off field role and Rumph is leaving.

Advertisement
Diaz just posted an 8 win season and landed our two best recruits in YEARS. He's absolutely dominating the portal. He made a bad OC hire followed by a very good one. He immediately addressed problems at QB, K and P. He's two years in. Do you realize how absolutely stupid this sounds?

Say all you want about him recruiting the defense, but the disastrous QB room, atrocious kicking game, porous OL and worst WR's I've probably ever seen in my 30 years watching Canes football are not his fault.
It’s year 5 Hecht mole, and in year 5 his defense is still Mickey Mouse smoke and mirrors garbage. He’s still has all the same amateur staff on that defense that wouldn’t get another job on any power 5 team. He owns the two worst losses in program history in just his first two years has head coach. His teams are undisciplined, unprepared and out of position constantly pre snap. He is garbage as a DC as he owns the two worst losses in Miami and Texas history and Stinky manure as a head coach. Get ready for 5-6 next year without king to save his corching *** like he did this past year. And then of course the inevitable firing of him and your boss in the Hecht Blake James. My prayers is they also purge all you IT nerds in the Hecht who’s job it is to come on blogs desperately trying to fool us into believing everything is hunky dory in coral gables and Diaz and Blake aren’t completely incompetent. News flash, after 16 years of incompetence, all you fvcks have failed! You all need to be guillotined. 🖕

Last edited:
I saw a post on a group that said Manny met with Blake yesterday but not sure what came of the meeting. It also said that Stroud is stepping down and may stay with the team in an off field role and Rumph is leaving.
You mean Stroud is going back to the role he was originally hired for???

kudos to Stroud for holding down the fort, and putting the team ahead of his health.

that info is already on here

Advertisement
It’s actually pretty funny....and depressing at the same time.

I don’t think there is enough higher up pressure for him to change the D. So it’s on Manny to be self aware that’s it’s his scheme holding the D back and having the balls to change it. If he does, great. We’ll all get excited and sucked in for the fall with new hope. If not, Manny and Baker will go down together next year along with our whiz of an AD and the whole deck will be cleared which also brings new hope.
🙏🏿

Advertisement
It’s year 5 Hecht mole, and in year 5 his defense is still Mickey Mouse smoke and mirrors garbage. He’s still has all the same amateur staff on that defense that wouldn’t get another job on any power 5 team. He owns the two worst losses in program history in just his first two years has head coach. His teams are undisciplined, unprepared and out of position constantly pre snap. He is garbage as a DC as he owns the two worst losses in Miami and Texas history and Stinky manure as a head coach. Get ready for 5-6 next year without king to save his corching *** like he did this past year. And then of course the inevitable firing of him and your boss in the Hecht Blake James. My prayers is they also purge all you IT nerds in the Hecht who’s job it is to come on blogs desperately trying to fool us into believing everything is hunky dory in coral gables and Diaz and Blake aren’t completely incompetent. News flash, after 16 years of incompetence, all you fvcks have failed! You all need to be guillotined. 🖕

OK, I see you. You've never stepped foot on campus, right?

Imagine being you, accusing me, an alum, employee and booster of being an "IT nerd in the Hecht" when you know absolutely nothing about the University of Miami. My home. My community. A place that I lived every single day. A place I worked. My friends, mentors and mentees. The place that gave me a career that I value tremendously.

You, little boy, are absolutely no one. You do not matter, at all. Nothing that you say about the University of Miami matters, because you don't know it. You never lived it.

The funniest thing is you saying WE'VE failed. You never even tried. Want to change it? Put on your big boy panties and actually do something, instead of being another loser with a big mouth on the internet.

Advertisement
OK, I see you. You've never stepped foot on campus, right?

Imagine being you, accusing me, an alum, employee and booster of being an "IT nerd in the Hecht" when you know absolutely nothing about the University of Miami. My home. My community. A place that I lived every single day. A place I worked. My friends, mentors and mentees. The place that gave me a career that I value tremendously.

You, little boy, are absolutely no one. You do not matter, at all. Nothing that you say about the University of Miami matters, because you don't know it. You never lived it.

The funniest thing is you saying WE'VE failed. You never even tried. Want to change it? Put on your big boy panties and actually do something, instead of being another loser with a big mouth on the internet.
Going to Miami and/or working there isn’t a requirement to having rational football thoughts

everything NicKane said is 100% accurate about Manny. Did you read the review Lance Roffers did of the bowl game? Do you remember the GaTech, FIU and LaTech shutout?

I don’t how you are so blindly supporting Manny and Blake James.

Why is changing coordinators is a bad look? Leadership is judged on (among other things) problem solving and results. Identifying and correcting bad decisions quickly isn’t a negative. It’s def a way worse look to not correct bad decisions and fail.

I don’t disagree. My manager was fired a year ago because he kept making terrible hires himself that cost our team and goals. Eventually this will happen to manny if his decision making for his staph doesn’t improve quickly. The leader will go down with the ship

The board (or part of them) wanted Highsmith and James "rejected" that.

James has done some really good stuff in terms of finances, but apparently he was about to get canned last offseason already.

He pretty much depends on Manny at this point.

Alonzo Highsmith was Blake James' job. I don't think it has ever been confirmed that Highsmith even had a modicum of interest. Nor do I believe for a single second that the Board would be willing to put out the money Highsmith would have wanted for the job. I personally thought it was a terrible idea across the board, and Reed was the much better solution.

So, your first statement is really easy to make, because we all know it's true. But implying it's the crux of an issue, short of sources, is speculation.

he also has to think how does it look to fire your OC year 1 and DC year 2. Not a good look for a new leader and waisting the universities resources on failed hires
They’re the ones who hired a first time HC so I’m guessing that they’ve assumed some **** ups but doubling down on Baker and the Defense will not be one of them. If he leaves it as it is, and it’s shît - which it will be - then he’ll be gone. Maybe the AD as well if he doesn’t try to intervene.

Advertisement
Back