Its time to start the rebuild...

We are in total rebuild mode. None of the coaches who caused this dumpster fire should be allowed to return and try to rebuild the mess they caused. Our program is in far worse condition now than when Larranaga took over. That I might add, is a sad indictment on a coach. He should graciously step aside. If we allow this 🤡 show to return, it will just set back our rebuild. Why would anyone want to come play here now? Why is he getting more grace than Richt or Morris?
I would say we are in worse shape than we’ve been since the early 90’s. This is far worse than where we were under Perry. We are legit talking about how we are going to put a team on the court next year.

Advertisement
I would say we are in worse shape than we’ve been since the early 90’s. This is far worse than where we were under Perry. We are legit talking about how we are going to put a team on the court next year.
Building mediocrity to new heights..

1615770350773.jpeg

That dip**** should have been up L’s *** 3 years ago when we just stopped recruiting. That was unacceptable. Fake does nothing about anything and now we don’t even have a team. It’s a disgrace quite frankly.
We approach basketball recruiting much like our CB recruiting. It is actually incredible the spot we are in with this roster right now. Almost as incredible are the excuses and mental gymnastics people are coming up with to defend what’s going on.

He’d be here in a heartbeat and could coach for 7-8 years. Sadly, Fake James will never even try.
was watching the selection sunday show and Pitino was on there saying something about how he was using iona as a stepping stone to get to Miami. He was probably talking about retirement, but still got me excited for a second.

Advertisement
I keep seeing rhetoric about people defending the Miami basketball program.

Are there people defending it or are we arguing with ourselves again?

We approach basketball recruiting much like our CB recruiting. It is actually incredible the spot we are in with this roster right now. Almost as incredible are the excuses and mental gymnastics people are coming up with to defend what’s going on.
It’s absolutely appalling what the current state of our roster is. We’re going to have to beg the **** out of these seniors to come back. Otherwise, we’ll need like 5-6 transfers just to be able to fill out a team. How the **** is this acceptable or excusable. Roster management has never been L’s forte, but this is absurd.

Advertisement
I keep seeing rhetoric about people defending the Miami basketball program.

Are there people defending it or are we arguing with ourselves again?
I see fans defending it all over social media, and I see a UM administration defending it with their acceptance of this garbage.

I see fans defending it all over social media, and I see a UM administration defending it with their acceptance of this garbage.
Got ya.

Any vibe out there of a chance at change?

I’m not anti-L, but with the record and roster management the last 3 years and the vibe around the program with people leaving it is hard to overlook it at COVID or injuries or the FBI. All those played a part but christ.

Got ya.

I’m not anti-L, but with the record and roster management the last 3 years and the vibe around the program with people leaving it is hard to overlook it at COVID or injuries or the FBI. All those played a part but christ.
No idea. Doesn’t seem like Blake James cares about basketball one bit.

Advertisement
I posted this in Timberlake thread, but probably better here (if anywhere)...

The current basketball situation sucks and seems to be worsening. Fingers have been pointed at coach, staff, AD, fans, and the ficklefinger of fate. There's been a lot of posting action about this, some by CIS we seldom see in this forum. I sure wish someone had some insider or other reliable-type info shedding more light on the dumpster fire

I posted this in Timberlake thread, but probably better here (if anywhere)...

The current basketball situation sucks and seems to be worsening. Fingers have been pointed at coach, staff, AD, fans, and the ficklefinger of fate. There's been a lot of posting action about this, some by CIS we seldom see in this forum. I sure wish someone had some insider or other reliable-type info shedding more light on the dumpster fire

What type of information are you looking for now?

Got ya.

You also have the local sports media do what they do. Barry Jackson tweeted about the bad injury luck this year instead of asking the question why we are on a self-induced scholarship limitation.

Advertisement
I wonder with current state of program, what kind of coaches we would attract

Plenty of qualified candidates. The problem is, as I have stated 1000s of times, we have no leadership. Our AD is an unqualified simp who acts as a puppet for an apathetic BOTs. Let's assume the following:

1. Coach L retires/quits.
2. We offer the next coach the exact same contract (e.g. ~$2.0MM/year) so no additional $$$.
3. We replaced Blake James with an AI who was only capable of extending said contract to a qualified coach. That is it.

------------

The following guys, in no particular order, are qualified (current salary) and will be getting opportunities at better schools soon:

1. Craig Smith at Utah State (after his current raise, he makes ~$850K)
2. Chris Jans at New Mexico State (~$500K)
3. Russell Turner at UC Irvine (~$500K)
4. Wes Miller at UNCG (~$350K)
5. Pat Kelsey at Winthrop (~$300K)
6. Brian Dutcher at SDSU (~$900K)

My point is without making much of an effort, if you simply offered these guys an insane raise and the opportunity to coach in the ACC, you would be in the running for many of these guys.

Our problem is self-inflicted. We've taken a self-inflicted cancer approach to athletics. This is why these simple tasks seem insurmountable.

With his Iowa and Creighton roots, I would wonder about his East Coast recruiting. But ... from a pure coaching standpoint, Darian DeVries, head coach at Drake in Des Moines, is a name I'd be interested in having considered.

44 yrs old. 24, 20 and 25 wins in each of his last three seasons. Probably earning $500-600K a year. They were talking extension a few months ago when Drake jumped off 15-0, but don't know status of that.

Advertisement
Back