Its Ok Guys...Its OK

I can't believe the crying on this board and in this thread these days. Urban is one of the best, if not the best, recruiter and people on here are bashing Golden again for not getting a kid. This was a "want" not a "need".

Ridiculous.

Advertisement
I wanted Dixon too, but we still in it for Rudolph who is just as good.

Even if we miss out on both, we still got Ridley to redeem ourselves next year and he is the freakiest WR of them all in south florida.

337.gif

Give it a rest already

lol. Yawn. Truth hurts, huh?

Not at all. Its just an flawed, lazy statement that is continously thrown around on here. Top 5 class right now, multiple studs from S. FL. Multiple studs pulled from here the past couple years. There will always be misses, and JD said himself he wanted out of here. Whether its true or not, nobody here knows the real reasons or what went into his recruitment. Its all pure speculation.

Of course JD wanted out of here. He was convinced that was the best option. Golden got outrecruited.

We just lost our top WR target. We're going to lose the 3 top WR's in south florida. We're missing out on the top 2 RB's. We lost our top defensive target last year. But hey everything is peachy and it's a "lazy statement." Actually, the only lazy statement is yours.

But what about the flip side of the great things Golden and staff have done in recruiting? A true picture of Miami recruiting would show both the good and the bad. Seems as if you only see the negative.

For example, you say "We lost our top defensive target last year." Well, Miami got their top defensive target this year.

"[M]issing out on the top 2 RB's." I'd say that Yearby is one of those. Even if you personally don't think he is, many others do so it isn't some homerish statement to think Miami is getting 1 of the 2 top RBs.

Miami recruiting, which has missed on some players, isn't in the dire situation you make it out to be.

Those things don't matter to the mopes. They only see the misses, not the many, many wins.

Even if we miss out on both, we still got Ridley to redeem ourselves next year and he is the freakiest WR of them all in south florida.

337.gif

Rudolph spoke with the Miami and Florida staffs on Sunday night before the dead period. He also visited Coral Gables for a bowl practice last week.

"It was really cool. Their practices are live. The one-on-one’s were the coolest thing I’ve seen. They get into it fast. I talked to Coach (Jethro) Franklin. He was just saying that I don’t have to go away to get what I want and that all of my goals could be reached at Miami, right there. It’s right down the street from me, really."

Several programs remain in the mix for the Sunshine State pass catcher.

"All of my official visits- Miami, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Florida State. I’ve got Ohio State chilling and I’m still thinking about Georgia, too.

"No one’s sticking out. Really all of them are recruiting me the hardest. I’m going to make my announcement on January 2nd, so all of them are recruiting me hard."

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...lks-Alabama-official-in-homes-and-more-166685

Not at all. Its just an flawed, lazy statement that is continously thrown around on here. Top 5 class right now, multiple studs from S. FL. Multiple studs pulled from here the past couple years. There will always be misses, and JD said himself he wanted out of here. Whether its true or not, nobody here knows the real reasons or what went into his recruitment. Its all pure speculation.

Of course JD wanted out of here. He was convinced that was the best option. Golden got outrecruited.

We just lost our top WR target. We're going to lose the 3 top WR's in south florida. We're missing out on the top 2 RB's. We lost our top defensive target last year. But hey everything is peachy and it's a "lazy statement." Actually, the only lazy statement is yours.

But what about the flip side of the great things Golden and staff have done in recruiting? A true picture of Miami recruiting would show both the good and the bad. Seems as if you only see the negative.

For example, you say "We lost our top defensive target last year." Well, Miami got their top defensive target this year.

"[M]issing out on the top 2 RB's." I'd say that Yearby is one of those. Even if you personally don't think he is, many others do so it isn't some homerish statement to think Miami is getting 1 of the 2 top RBs.

Miami recruiting, which has missed on some players, isn't in the dire situation you make it out to be.

It is a homerish statement to say that Yearby is a better prospect than Cook or Sony.

A true picture of Miami recruiting shows okay recruiting but too many misses on the elite south Florida kids, and we'll be talking about talent deficiencies in the future because of it.

Nice to see that you edited your statement about Yearby to remove your quote "No recruiting service anywhere would say that Yearby is better than Sony or Cook." once I showed that ESPN and Scout do in fact rank Yearby ahead of Cook.

Advertisement

It is a homerish statement to say that Yearby is a better prospect than Cook or Sony.

A true picture of Miami recruiting shows okay recruiting but too many misses on the elite south Florida kids, and we'll be talking about talent deficiencies in the future because of it.

Well, various recruiting experts have Yearby and Cook very similarly ranked, as well as Sony. It's mopish to always underestimate the kids we're getting. Our "ok" recruiting is one of the top classes in the nation, after having been a non-factor for almost a decade and coming out of the NCAA issues. If you think our recruiting is only "ok" you've got ridiculous, and ignorant, standards.

337.gif

Rudolph spoke with the Miami and Florida staffs on Sunday night before the dead period. He also visited Coral Gables for a bowl practice last week.

"It was really cool. Their practices are live. The one-on-one’s were the coolest thing I’ve seen. They get into it fast. I talked to Coach (Jethro) Franklin. He was just saying that I don’t have to go away to get what I want and that all of my goals could be reached at Miami, right there. It’s right down the street from me, really."

Several programs remain in the mix for the Sunshine State pass catcher.

"All of my official visits- Miami, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Florida State. I’ve got Ohio State chilling and I’m still thinking about Georgia, too.

"No one’s sticking out. Really all of them are recruiting me the hardest. I’m going to make my announcement on January 2nd, so all of them are recruiting me hard."

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...lks-Alabama-official-in-homes-and-more-166685

Oh man, that day is going to be epic one way or another.

Well, various recruiting experts have Yearby and Cook very similarly ranked, as well as Sony. It's mopish to always underestimate the kids we're getting. Our "ok" recruiting is one of the top classes in the nation, after having been a non-factor for almost a decade and coming out of the NCAA issues. If you think our recruiting is only "ok" you've got ridiculous, and ignorant, standards.

Agreed. I don't understand why people always want or feel the need to be negative. Like most things in life, there is good and bad all mixed up together. I recognize Miami has missed on some "elite" recruits. I also recognize that Miami has gotten "elite" recruits, especially in this class. I think the hits greatly outweigh the misses in this class and the recruiting rankings, if you want to believe them, support my position.

I'd like UM to focus more on the defensive side.. I'm fine with what they have on the offensive side

Advertisement
I think we have room for one more WR. We cant take 7. If we get one of Griffin, Randoph or Lane we are good. If Gray qualifies we are good. Still a lot in play. If we miss on a 4th, not the biggest loss. I don't think we need a WR to make an impact this year with what we have coming back, just need Lewis to get 100% healthy, Scott to be the Scott of last year and Walters to be consistent. Only 1 or 2 freshman will play.

If they are not impact that can come in and compete for a starting job, then they are just number and chances are they will be gone by year 2.

Missing on a 4th means we take one more next year and spread the numbers.

I'd like UM to focus more on the defensive side.. I'm fine with what they have on the offensive side

Its balance....Al has this....you blink and you don't have qbs ( 09) or rbs ( 2012) or DL ( 07-2013)....you need depth at all levels and Al is doing just that...

When I spoke with JJ earlier this year he said when he went to the cowboys he had to figure out wants versus needs, he said that Al and him have spoken about this several times, when J left the cowboys he said draft day was all about wants....AL is working on needs at certain and wants at others...

One thing is for sure, our oline will be deep for 4-6 years that makes getting rbs and qbs easier...get qbs get Wrs etc....

SOB Golden better sihtcan D'Onofrio, so we can win more games, get our wins up, and get more top talent.

This ain't rocket science.

What the **** does that have to do with Dixon or offensive recruiting?

Gee, you're really quick on the uptake.

You can't win games, much less championships, without a really good defense. It's just the way things work.

Taint can say one thing - they win. The offense doesn't have to carry the defense. And kids love a winner.

Advertisement
We aren't getting Rudolph and we got outrecruited for our top WR target who had been on campus over ten times. It's not okay; stuff like this raises serious questions about this staff's ability to close on highly regarded local kids.

Posts like this raise serious questions about your ability to understand recruiting.

LOL. I've been following recruiting for 10 years. Posts in this thread are nothing but a bunch of homerish nonsense from the guys who will make talent excuses next year. Same ****; different year. You all would have been claiming it was okay to miss on Coley because we had Ermon Lane next year. Just like the same people were saying it was okay to miss Collins because we had Cook and Sony in the wings.

And to the nimrod who claimed I edited my post after you made yours, nope. I edited it well before. Have some mod check when I edited it.

funny...apparently the only one who thinks WR is a position of need is the head coach. Everyone else thinks WR depth is just fantastic

Advertisement
We aren't getting Rudolph and we got outrecruited for our top WR target who had been on campus over ten times. It's not okay; stuff like this raises serious questions about this staff's ability to close on highly regarded local kids.

Posts like this raise serious questions about your ability to understand recruiting.

LOL. I've been following recruiting for 10 years. Posts in this thread are nothing but a bunch of homerish nonsense from the guys who will make talent excuses next year. Same ****; different year. You all would have been claiming it was okay to miss on Coley because we had Ermon Lane next year. Just like the same people were saying it was okay to miss Collins because we had Cook and Sony in the wings.

And to the nimrod who claimed I edited my post after you made yours, nope. I edited it well before. Have some mod check when I edited it.

If we didn't have a top-notch, highly rated RB already committed, then you might have a point about Cook. But we already have a committed running back that is better than pretty much any but 3-5 other teams in the nation will have...yet you act as it's a failure because Golden didn't ALSO get another of the top backs in the nation. We also have one of the top overall classes in the nation, despite having been a mediocre team for almost a decade. As for Rudolph/Dixon/Lane....first of all we're not out of it with Rudolph/Lane yet. Second of all, even if we didn't get one of them, we have great talent in our WR's and we have some excellent WR's committed. We pulled the best WR in the nation last year despite everyone saying he was an FSU lock. I'd say our recruiting has been extremely impressive, and everyone but the mopes agree, including pretty much every recruiting expert in the nation, and fellow coaches across the nation, that often point to the impressive job that Miami has done recruiting lately.

Its balance....Al has this....you blink and you don't have qbs ( 09) or rbs ( 2012) or DL ( 07-2013)....you need depth at all levels and Al is doing just that...

When I spoke with JJ earlier this year he said when he went to the cowboys he had to figure out wants versus needs, he said that Al and him have spoken about this several times, when J left the cowboys he said draft day was all about wants....AL is working on needs at certain and wants at others...

One thing is for sure, our oline will be deep for 4-6 years that makes getting rbs and qbs easier...get qbs get Wrs etc....

Well put. WRs and RBs always make splash in recruiting but a team full of them will not win NCs. This recruting class is excellent if Al holds what he has. He put most of the hay in the barn early. This weekend covered the remaining big need at safety. Cook would be great and became a little of a need with Joe and Duke getting hurt. WR is more want than need. Olsen or Kaay pan out, and as you say, WRs will come.

Advertisement
Back