It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

An AD’s job is not all about football results. I mean, it is. It’s what really matters at the U. But fortunately for our cause we just ain’t operating at a successful level up to our standards in any revenue sport besides women’s basketball (We all know how passionate we are and how much we care about that on this board). Baseball has a prayer this season at least but that’s not proven and nowhere near our past successes. Feel like the message should mainly focus on football of course but must include a dig at all athletics as a whole too... my two cents.

Advertisement
Its gotta strike a nerve with some big time donors or influential BoT members too, but it can't be juvenile or it defeats the purpose. Although "**** Blake James and the BOT" does have a nice ring to it.

"Sports Illustrated was Right"

Probably a little excessive, below the belt even.

"The U"
1926 - 2019

Just spitballing, ran out of tesrs so I cant cry myself to sleep tonight.

Spit balling is the name of the game right now. I'm liking many of the suggestions, especially the ones trending toward more minimalist. Gotta send a simple strong message and strike a chord. Too much will make it difficult to read/process, and less effective. Vulgar or juvenile is easy to dismiss (and can get me sued).

I think Sports Illustrated reference is too cute, most of the casuals driving by won't get it. The U 1926 - 2019 might actually be too simple. Need more of a twist in the heart.

I'm in... My suggestion is to address billboard towards Adidas also Example: Adidas and Cane Fanbase enough of the BOT and Athletic Dept destroying the "U" brand football program Hire a REAL Athletic Director to save the football program

What do we think about a simple tag line like "The U Is Dying", surrounded by names of the Admin and BOT on a dark background? And a link to a website filled with facts as discussed? Send a simple powerful message, with the names serving the dual purpose of taking shots close to home in a very implicit way, while stimulating curiosity to encourage visiting the link?

Advertisement
Try to work "Epstein Didn't Kill Himself" into the billboard if you can.

Thanks in advance.

That aside, I'd personally just list our ACC record/record vs ranked teams/bowl record under Blake and then ask "Why does Blake James still have a job?"

I know it's tempting but I'd leave the beautiful Ms. Strawley out of this whole thing. It's better to not leave any room for the clowns that want to dismiss the message to have political or gender ammunition as a lazy rebuttal. You'd instantly lose media like the New Times that might give it some oxygen too.

Advertisement

Thanks in advance.

That aside, I'd personally just list our ACC record/record vs ranked teams/bowl record under Blake and then ask "Why does Blake James still have a job?"

I know it's tempting but I'd leave the beautiful Ms. Strawley out of this whole thing. It's better to not leave any room for the clowns that want to dismiss the message to have political or gender ammunition as a lazy rebuttal.
You'd instantly lose media like the New Times that might give it some oxygen too.
Well said.

Thanks in advance.

I know it's tempting but I'd leave the beautiful Ms. Strawley out of this whole thing. It's better to not leave any room for the clowns that want to dismiss the message to have political or gender ammunition as a lazy rebuttal. You'd instantly lose media like the New Times that might give it some oxygen too.

How about "Manny Diaz and Blake James killed Jeffrey Epstein".

Should have an element of

we won’t be fans later.

This is something the full of themselves players taunt the fan base with. Redwine did it last year and now Shaq said it this year at senior day

Advertisement
Should have an element of

we won’t be fans later.

This is something the full of themselves players taunt the fan base with. Redwine did it last year and now Shaq said it this year at senior day
Any photoshop gurus out there? A shot of Redwhine with his sign opposite a shot to a fan with a sign ‘we won’t after you lost to FIU’ sounds good.

Advertisement
An AD’s job is not all about football results. I mean, it is. It’s what really matters at the U. But fortunately for our cause we just ain’t operating at a successful level up to our standards in any revenue sport besides women’s basketball (We all know how passionate we are and how much we care about that on this board). Baseball has a prayer this season at least but that’s not proven and nowhere near our past successes. Feel like the message should mainly focus on football of course but must include a dig at all athletics as a whole too... my two cents.

When you are at A major division 1 school, football or basketball (KU, UK, Duke, etc.) results are 90% of your job. The other 10% is fundraising, which comes from winning. You have folks below you that worry about non revenue sports.

Advertisement
Back