It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Just throwing **** at the wall and seeing if something sticks. Everyone's *****ing about the message and there are maybe 3 or 4 people putting forth any alternative ideas.

I still think blunt and to the point is the way to go. Use the website to make a well thought out argument for purging the Hecht. Win/Loss records, stats, etc. Nobody outside of CIS and her own mother know who Strawley is so including her on the billboard seems like wasted space. But, you can throw our beloved Chief Woman Officer or whatever the **** her title is under the bus all you want on fireblakejames.com.

The billboard needs to grab peoples attention. Cluttering it with stats and hashtags is counterproductive IMO.

Anyway 305, you have my input and I threw you a few bones last week. I'll pitch in another $50 sometime next week if we haven't sealed the deal by then. At some point you just need to make a call with the final message and tell people to get on board and donate or opt out. Thx for spearheading the effort.

Sigh. Go Canes.

View attachment 104121

View attachment 104122

View attachment 104123

DUMB DUMB DUMB

Advertisement
Guys, Blake James won’t get fired because he’s a really good fundraiser...and that’s a critical role for an AD, so in my opinion, I think the billboard should call for a “Football Czar”. Someone thats has carte Blanche over the football program.

We need to play chess and incorporate “game theory” type elements, and I think a Czar needs to be the ask. And I think it’s something Blake could get behind, especially since it’s unlikely he’ll get fired. This throws Blake a bone and takes some heat offf him, since he knows he effed up by not doing the national search. And we get something in return too. Turn it into a non-zero sum game...a win-win

Do I like Blake james? No, but we need to play the long game, and I think we need allies to move the needle. I think a “win-win” for all stakeholders might be the way to go, here.

I’m just a pawn in the billboard game so my opinion means diddly squat, but that’s my take on it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The heat needs to be on Julio Frenk. Make him uncomfortable, embarrassed.

He's got no interest or power, leaves Athletics to the BOT, confirmed in latest Herald article. Focus needs to be calling out the BOT to do better, and firing james.

Thanks everyone who has donated, donated multiple times, and continue to support this here and elsewhere. You know who you are. We've done an excellent job raising what we've done with minimal information on the page, and I'm about to rectify that soon with an actual design in place and verified funding information. The real push is soon to come and we'll need everyone's efforts. Go Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Donated. Be succinct with the messaging. Just do it. You can’t take 100000 comments and make everyone happy.

1. List the record of par 15 years
2. List the number of failed hires
3. List the website link

list the number of national championships by our two marquee programs?

Advertisement
list the number of national championships by our two marquee programs?

How bad is our baseball program these days? I’m in the northeast and pay attention to football and a little UM basketball....but since I came here for the billboard thread I keep reading about the baseball program. What did they do to it? Neglect or complete indifference?

How bad is our baseball program these days? I’m in the northeast and pay attention to football and a little UM basketball....but since I came here for the billboard thread I keep reading about the baseball program. What did they do to it? Neglect or complete indifference?

Had a rough recruiting stretch. Wasn't really anything due to incompetence. Perhaps they could have encouraged Morris to retire sooner, but you can't really run off a guy with his resume.

Had a rough recruiting stretch. Wasn't really anything due to incompetence. Perhaps they could have encouraged Morris to retire sooner, but you can't really run off a guy with his resume.

yeah. That’s a fair point. He kind of Bobby Bowdened is out of that post season streak.

but rather than interviewing anyone at all such as Lovelady at UCF, he just promoted DiMare. Hopefully it works out, but man the similarities in the Blake James hiring process are identical bn the two sports.

Advertisement
Back