It's Officialy Time: Fund The US1 Billboard UPDATE: $3845 Raised!

Advertisement
So why did we decide not to go with the SI "Why the University of Miami Should Drop Football" title and color scheme?

It would resonate perfectly with any UM fan and be talked about all throughout the CFB world. It would be so much more than just your typical billboard by fans.

I was opposed to this idea at first, but it's really starting to grow on me.

Below it, we should include the www.fireblakejames.com link where we list out strate fax.

What? I thought you needed $3000! Now you are short?? I am sensing the goal posts moving...

When I registered here and donated a few days ago, the goal was $4500. I honestly have no knowledge of the goal increasing, but if so I assume it’s because costs were initially underestimated.

Advertisement
Just throwing **** at the wall and seeing if something sticks. Everyone's *****ing about the message and there are maybe 3 or 4 people putting forth any alternative ideas.

I still think blunt and to the point is the way to go. Use the website to make a well thought out argument for purging the Hecht. Win/Loss records, stats, etc. Nobody outside of CIS and her own mother know who Strawley is so including her on the billboard seems like wasted space. But, you can throw our beloved Chief Woman Officer or whatever the **** her title is under the bus all you want on fireblakejames.com.

The billboard needs to grab peoples attention. Cluttering it with stats and hashtags is counterproductive IMO.

Anyway 305, you have my input and I threw you a few bones last week. I'll pitch in another $50 sometime next week if we haven't sealed the deal by then. At some point you just need to make a call with the final message and tell people to get on board and donate or opt out. Thx for spearheading the effort.

Sigh. Go Canes.

fireblakejames.PNG

firejamesagain.PNG

savetheU.PNG

Everyone's *****ing about the message & there are maybe 3 or 4 people putting forth any alternative ideas
This is my busy season & my care meter is broken. I appreciate any efforts made. I just want to lazily donate when I see the right message. That's all I have the time & effort to muster. I like the SI look to yours.

Advertisement
Just throwing **** at the wall and seeing if something sticks. Everyone's *****ing about the message and there are maybe 3 or 4 people putting forth any alternative ideas.

I still think blunt and to the point is the way to go. Use the website to make a well thought out argument for purging the Hecht. Win/Loss records, stats, etc. Nobody outside of CIS and her own mother know who Strawley is so including her on the billboard seems like wasted space. But, you can throw our beloved Chief Woman Officer or whatever the **** her title is under the bus all you want on fireblakejames.com.

The billboard needs to grab peoples attention. Cluttering it with stats and hashtags is counterproductive IMO.

Anyway 305, you have my input and I threw you a few bones last week. I'll pitch in another $50 sometime next week if we haven't sealed the deal by then. At some point you just need to make a call with the final message and tell people to get on board and donate or opt out. Thx for spearheading the effort.

Sigh. Go Canes.

View attachment 104121

View attachment 104122

View attachment 104123

How about "Why the Univ. of Miami should drop Blake James"

Three hires
+
Two extensions
+
Zero results
=
Blame James

Visit FireBlakeJames.com

May be wrong on numbers. Didn’t look it up to be sure. May be ***. May be great. Idk.

This is my busy season & my care meter is broken. I appreciate any efforts made. I just want to lazily donate when I see the right message. That's all I have the time & effort to muster. I like the SI look to yours.
Preaching to the choir brother. Got to my doctors appt early and figured I'd mess around with a few simple ideas
Ha, I like it.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Pretty clever, but close to settling on a different message after juggling overwhelming amount of diverse input. Won't please everyone naturally, but one needs to be decided on to rally around for the final push. My issue with that one in particular is the SI reference will just fly over the heads of most casuals, and the focus becomes the website which vast majority of people will not follow up on. Message has to be self contained with a website just being supplemental.

Advertisement
Back