It's not going to happen

Absolutely 100% false. This is an old school cliche that has been disproven repeatedly. Modern analytics have completely disproven it, but all you need is common sense to know that you are not what your record says you are.

Was the ND team that rolled into the title game vs. Bama really better than Bama because they had the better record? Heck no. They weren't even close to being as good as Bama. Analytics would have told you that, and so would common sense: they won a lot of close games vs. mediocre teams.

On a more sophisticated note...the analytic rankings have proven to be much better predictors of future success than past W-Ls (mainly due to adjusting for schedule and margin).

So no, you're not what your record says you are. You might have been in the past (although even that's debatable due to in-game luck), but you are not in the present nor in the future.
We are still in the running for Misguided Nerds Analytics National Championship. So you’re right. Our record doesn’t matter.

Wins and losses are for those old dinosaurs who get too caught up in **** that doesn’t matter. We’re new school. Just give us some good analytics. From that perspective, we won resoundingly last week.

Advertisement
We are still in the running for Misguided Nerds Analytics National Championship. So you’re right. Our record doesn’t matter.

Wins and losses are for those old dinosaurs who get too caught up in **** that doesn’t matter. We’re new school. Just give us some good analytics. From that perspective, we won resoundingly last week.

So based off the analytics..the U has been back this whole time?

This team isn't going to wake up and start to perform. They aren't going to turn a corner. The team we've seen is the team we've got.

I keep seeing people talk about how the upcoming game will tell us what the team is about, but that's bullsht. We know what their about, they've shown it for 5 games. They have no intensity or leadership. They can execute sometimes, but not all the time. They are mistake prone. They talk but don't do. And worst of all, they don't seem to mind so much.

So at least for this season, that's who we've got, let's stop acting like this is all a gag and the real team will show up any minute now. They won't. They can't because they're already here.

I can't disagree with you, logically. They've shown nothing except effort and talent. But the illogical optimistic part of my brain says the team was in a similar situation in 2016 and rattled off a year-long winning streak. So I'll be in the stadium on Friday wishing and hoping.

That’s what some posters don’t get.

We have replaced multiple starters on the defensive line and in the secondary before and had good success.

That’s why the argument to blame poor situational defense on departed personnel doesn’t hold up well.

I was optimistic about this season in part because whenever we lost guys that were important, the next guy stepped in and the defense kept getting better.

The only thing different is we got a journeyman grey beard defensive line coach from AKRON (Kul is highly regarded and Simpson was picked to lead an NFL unit) and Baker.

Now the defense has regressed more than most would have anticipated due to our track record of replacing players.

Hmmm......🤔🤔🤔

Edit: But if Enos does what Richt did we can have the same turnaround.

Advertisement
Nobody said you should mope. Well, I didn't anyway. I'm just saying let's be honest about what we have, and that's a bad team. Even if we win the rest of our games, it's hard to see this turning into a good team. We would just be the worst 9 win team in the country and any decent HC would be able to rip us apart. I'd rather be the worst 9 win team than the best 4 win team, but either way it sucks.

So you're telling me that a 7 game win streak against our remaining schedule would bring 0 optimism to year 2 of the program? Because I'm trying to find the team on our schedule that we won't be favored against despite the fact that we're 0-3 against P5 this year.

As far as leadership I don't agree entirely.....................I see players like DJ Dallas and Perry who show leadership traits. Perry could have transferred and would have been completely justified in doing so but has kept working, improving, and nearly finished off a big comeback. Dallas made a huge leadership play to tie the game, is it his fault the kicker can't make an extra point and the defense can't make a stop? I see guys like Nesta and Rousseau battling and making plays even in limited time. It's kind of difficult to continue preaching leadership when the coaches aren't holding up their end of the deal.
The “no leadership” rap is the mantra of the dopes who suck coaches’ dycks right up till they’re fired. We’ve been hearing that **** for 20 years now.

There are absolutely some dogs on offense, and if there aren’t any on D that’s Shanny’s fault. He’s been recruiting defensive players for 4 years now.

The “no leadership” rap is the mantra of the dopes who suck coaches’ dycks right up till they’re fired. We’ve been hearing that **** for 20 years now.

There are absolutely some dogs on offense, and if there aren’t any on D that’s Shanny’s fault. He’s been recruiting defensive players for 4 years now.

Say it a little bit louder now for the ***gots in the back.

Advertisement
That first half vs Va Tech was BRUTAL...

It was arguably the worst half of Football I've ever seen from a Miami team, it looked like Clemson 2015 all over again.

I was literally wincing while watching, it was a pure beat down & was just obscene to look at, we just kept getting our *** whooped something serious smh.
Yeah but we were analytically superior in just about every way.

Yeah, we've been close. Even having won those, this is still al's 9 win team or Richt's 10 win team. Easily beatable, but having a little luck.
This whole "close" thing makes no sense. If we're "close" in losing to very good teams (not the elite teams) I could buy that argument. But losing close games to the likes of VT and UNC, whom we demolished just last year, shouldn't make anyone feel confident. Add in we were "close" to LOSING to CMU...that makes it even worse. Only team worth a **** we've played is UF...and it seems like that was our best game and we've been regressing, which is the concerning part. If it looked like we were getting better and losing "close" I MIGHT be able to be a little more optimistic.

Advertisement
It matters for predicting future results, as you admitted, and which is what this entire thread is about LOL.
This thread is about what we have seen in the first half of the season is who we are - **** poor discipline, the second most penalized team in the country, the worst offensive line that I have ever seen, terrible tackling, an inability to get a stop at key points in games, and an absolute disgrace of a special teams unit.

I do not need metrics to see or know any of this. I have one working eye and a small amount of common sense (my wife would say that is generous).

We all HOPE we win out the rest of the season & finish 9-3...

That's just not going to happen & you know it. We're not disciplined enough, nor well coached enough to go on a 7 game win streak.

We haven't beaten a single P5 team this year & as it stands we may only beat 2 or 3 for the rest of the season.

The only thing you can guarantee with this team is that EVERY game we'll be heavily penalized & EVERY game we'll give up multiple sacks. Even to teams that have no pass rush at all, we'll give up multi sack games. Teams could literally rush 1 DLineman all game & still finish with 5 or 6 sacks.

What we know for a fact is, we have the WORST OL in the nation, arguably the worst Kicker & our Defense can't stop ANY QB we face. You could pull a kid off the street who's 5'1 120lbs, never played football a day in his life & start him vs us & he'll have the game of his life & carve us up.

Respect it.

Club looks might 5-7 like as I’ve posted in other threads.

Just here’s hoping they pulls some magic tricks outta their *** to do it.

It’s already going to be difficult to get recruits to buy into this thing. Definitely tougher if we are 5-7. Plus we are stuck with Manny for 2-3 years.

I absolutely do NOT think Manny Diaz is our guy. I don’t think 2-10 this year would get him out of here. Therefore I’m hoping he does something with where we are.

Absolutely right about the poorly coached units and highly penalized football games we’ve been watching. It’s bad bad football all around right now.

We need something. Hopefully some personnel changes and coaching assignment changes that Manny has hinted at pan out.

I’m already completely on the fire Diaz wagon but if we stuck with dude then I might as well hope he does enough to repair the damage this season and get rid of all the inexperienced coaches on offense and defense for a real staff to surround him in the offseason.

Saban surrounds himself with former HCs and I’m sure they also serve good counsel for him. There are going to be some former HCs let go this season that we can you use. Muschamp, Charlie strong, real OL Coaches, WR coaches and like who in the fucc is our RB coach 😂.

I’m mad frustrated with this club right now. Just hoping we pull a miracle.

Advertisement
If you thought this team was going to be much better than what you're seeing, with 1 senior on the entire offense and replacing the entire secondary and DTs, that's your fault.
Yea, because expecting us to beat a crappy UNC team and the worst VT team in decades is asking too much. Wow.

Roster turnover happens EVERY YEAR to EVERY TEAM. You're never going to have a team full of juniors and seniors. Guys leave early, transfer, etc. Just not possible. We have more than enough talent and experience to be better than our current 2-3, especially considering our garbage schedule.

This is the kind of stuff all the fans from teams having ****** seasons always say. We want to believe our teams have 10 win talent and it’s the coaches running it aground. But at some point you have to face the reality that our team is just not that good. Coaching can certainly be better, but we just don’t have enough studs out there.

I guess we need more studs like CMU

I have to imagine you are the CIS all-time leader in strawmen built and missed points.

Advertisement
Back