It's not going to happen

That first half vs Va Tech was BRUTAL...

It was arguably the worst half of Football I've ever seen from a Miami team, it looked like Clemson 2015 all over again.

I was literally wincing while watching, it was a pure beat down & was just obscene to look at, we just kept getting our *** whooped something serious smh.
even Manny's wife could not argue with this post !

Advertisement
This team has the ability to turn around at any minute. 9-3 season isn’t impossible. Although unlikely at this stage.

I’m one of the few that hopes we win 9.
We all HOPE we win out the rest of the season & finish 9-3...

That's just not going to happen & you know it. We're not disciplined enough, nor well coached enough to go on a 7 game win streak.

We haven't beaten a single P5 team this year & as it stands we may only beat 2 or 3 for the rest of the season.

The only thing you can guarantee with this team is that EVERY game we'll be heavily penalized & EVERY game we'll give up multiple sacks. Even to teams that have no pass rush at all, we'll give up multi sack games. Teams could literally rush 1 DLineman all game & still finish with 5 or 6 sacks.

What we know for a fact is, we have the WORST OL in the nation, arguably the worst Kicker & our Defense can't stop ANY QB we face. You could pull a kid off the street who's 5'1 120lbs, never played football a day in his life & start him vs us & he'll have the game of his life & carve us up.

This team isn't going to wake up and start to perform. They aren't going to turn a corner. The team we've seen is the team we've got.

I keep seeing people talk about how the upcoming game will tell us what the team is about, but that's bullsht. We know what their about, they've shown it for 5 games. They have no intensity or leadership. They can execute sometimes, but not all the time. They are mistake prone. They talk but don't do. And worst of all, they don't seem to mind so much.

So at least for this season, that's who we've got, let's stop acting like this is all a gag and the real team will show up any minute now. They won't. They can't because they're already here.

Completely disagree! It takes younger players and young coaches to find their feet. Its taken manny 5 games but now he realizes he has to be more involved defensively. He gave his DC a chance and it bombed. He's fixing it.

Offensively, it was a blessing in disguise Williams getting injured. On comes Perry and he puts up the 10th most passing yardage in Miami history.

Guys, ITS ON!

Advertisement
Funny. We've lost the 3 more important games on our schedule so far by 1 TD or less, why is it so hard to believe that one change won't push us over the top to win these close games instead of losing them?
The worst 3 P5 teams on our schedule are UNC, VT, and GT. We've lost two of them. There is something special about the bottomless optimism of American culture.

I don't understand.

1) You said "you are what your record says you are".
2) ND had the best record, so ND was the best team.

Either both of those things are true, or neither.

I like how you think you are clever, but try and understand. Your conditions are flawed.

They won their games and deserved the record they had. They earn it. They beat all those teams on their record.

Still does not mean they were better than Bama.

Somewhere a long here you have equated undefeated to being the best team. I never said that. Not once. Nor does their record mean they were the best team. You said this and you are wrong here, especially in college football.

But to return to your assertion that analytics proved they were not as good as their record. It didn't. Bama proved they were not deserving of the championship game. Completely different. It has nothing to do with their record and the teams that they beat.

Losing to bama does not mean they should not have beaten the teams they already played. All those teams got beat by ND. Losing to Bama doe not erase that....

thus analytics did not prove they should not have been undefeated. Analytics did not prove they were not as good as their record. They earn their record and where deserving of it. They were as good as their record.

But records in college football does not make you the best team.

It's not just the coaches though. The coaches are failing off the field, but the players are failing on it. The players are the ones missing blocks and dropping passes and committing penalties. Maybe that's on the coaches as well, but doesn't it seem like the players should spend less time sitting back waiting for the coaching to get better? Like maybe do your work and focus so you can make your blocks. Maybe concentrate so you don't jump offsides or lose your man in coverage.

THIS.

I like how you think you are clever, but try and understand. Your conditions are flawed.

They won their games and deserved the record they had. They earn it. They beat all those teams on their record.

Still does not mean they were better than Bama.

Somewhere a long here you have equated undefeated to being the best team. I never said that. Not once. Nor does their record mean they were the best team. You said this and you are wrong here, especially in college football.

But to return to your assertion that analytics proved they were not as good as their record. It didn't. Bama proved they were not deserving of the championship game. Completely different. It has nothing to do with their record and the teams that they beat.

Losing to bama does not mean they should not have beaten the teams they already played. All those teams got beat by ND. Losing to Bama doe not erase that....

thus analytics did not prove they should not have been undefeated. Analytics did not prove they were not as good as their record. They earn their record and where deserving of it. They were as good as their record.

But records in college football does not make you the best team.

Got it. So you agree that you are not what your record says you are. Thank you

Advertisement
Advertisement
It likely wont happen but its not gonna stop me from expecting it to happen. Ill root for this team and Ill expect them to win always no matter what. Ill deal with the disappointment after.
the dog says you probably have a "Thank You Sir, May I Have Another?" T Shirt

since we haven't seen a whole lot of them in years, a lot of people on this board may not know what a "W" is .... could you please explain .... thanks amigo.
ABSOL
since we haven't seen a whole lot of them in years, a lot of people on this board may not know what a "W" is .... could you please explain .... thanks amigo.
absolutely sir ! see now a W is when said team goes out and beats the mule **** out of the opposing team, but like you said. we havent seen much of that as late

Advertisement
The worst 3 P5 teams on our schedule are UNC, VT, and GT. We've lost two of them. There is something special about the bottomless optimism of American culture.

You're right, I'll just mope. The world is over. We're going 2-10. Why cheer for the team to win a game anymore? I'll just watch and hope Diaz gets hit by a car during the 1st quarter. We've gotten blown out in every single P-5 game and nearly loss to a G5 team. No way we'll beat the mighty UVA, FSU, and Pitt.

You're right, I'll just mope. The world is over. We're going 2-10. Why cheer for the team to win a game anymore? I'll just watch and hope Diaz gets hit by a car during the 1st quarter. We've gotten blown out in every single P-5 game and nearly loss to a G5 team. No way we'll beat the mighty UVA, FSU, and Pitt.

Finally you are waking up brother

Nobody said you should mope. Well, I didn't anyway. I'm just saying let's be honest about what we have, and that's a bad team. Even if we win the rest of our games, it's hard to see this turning into a good team. We would just be the worst 9 win team in the country and any decent HC would be able to rip us apart. I'd rather be the worst 9 win team than the best 4 win team, but either way it sucks.

Advertisement
Back