It's Monday

you guys know how long it took to hire him…. None of the staff gets hired or fired without waiting 2-3 months after the decision has been made

Advertisement
Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

I would imagine he meets with coaches today. Assuming he lets a few of them go today, we might not know immediately. Why would Mario keep these guys for another week? Today’s the day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hopefully he won't drag it to the post bowl coaches convention.... that would be worse than waterboarding.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I have no idea what kind of timeline he's looking at. Waiting til after nsd/ trying to get something in place before. I'm betting after but 🤷‍♂️
After would certainly be a major negative for recruiting ... both for the portal where you need to try to get immediate impact players as well as the 2023 class where there are some elite EE's that could make an impact the first season. If Mario is a legit CEO Alonzo has been working diligently making back channel contacts and they have identified their OC target(s) and should be ready to pull the trigger. Recruiting is SO vital at this point ... and high level recruits will want to be sure about the final staff before they commit.

Even if it takes a month or more?

At the highest levels in organizations, you got to keep cred and rep. You do favors, you get favors. It is how you get jobs and get others to work for you. It is a balancing act at the moment but I think there is urgency to make changes soon to secure a top recruiting class.

Advertisement
After would certainly be a major negative for recruiting ... both for the portal where you need to try to get immediate impact players as well as the 2023 class where there are some elite EE's that could make an impact the first season. If Mario is a legit CEO Alonzo has been working diligently making back channel contacts and they have identified their OC target(s) and should be ready to pull the trigger. Recruiting is SO vital at this point ... and high level recruits will want to be sure about the final staff before they commit.
I'd really like to know specifically what Alonzo's job is. And what, if any, responsibility or authority he has regarding player and/or coaching personnel. My guess is, with Mario and Dan on the scene, it's very limited -- like maybe to making "recommendations."

Advertisement
Back