Its all about UNC

we had an issue w their pass rush last year. word on verse injury?
He had a brace during/after the game. Don’t know much after that. All though they probably won’t be tested much vs BC. Their offense is atrocious, lost over half of their OL to injury already.

Advertisement
We're not beating FSU until a receiver steps up as "go to" or we have a bag full of explosive trick plays to generate offense.

They are capable of scoring on us and executing the same defensive game plan that A&M did with more pressure. Just reality.

VT is capable of executing the defensive game plan but I don't think they can score enough to win.

UNC is capable of scoring more than both VT and FSU and can probably slow us down enough with the bend/don't break. I think the prime time game at home gives us the advantage. Coming off a bye week as well.

Virginia is terrible in the trenches and we'll probably blow them out. They have 4 legit WRs and a good QB if they figure out how to keep us off Armstrong it could get interesting.

Duke is a wild card. Elko will scheme something up on defense and their offense looks dangerous. I think we pull it out but I expect it closer than I thought in the summer.

We'll blow out GT

This offense can't move the ball on Clemson. Too big and tough up front and they have the blue print. Probably another 17-9 or 17-13 type game. A&M wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would be. Death Valley gets much louder on the field and creates those issues in a tough environment.

Pitt will give us trouble on offense with their blitzes and they'll swallow our WRs in coverage and will probably move it on our defense. I don't think they have the offensive talent to beat us badly. I expect the tougher team to win. That'll be a Mario 'culture building' game.

I still think we're a 9-3 team. Probably in the ACCCG. Our defense is tough and we're tough in the trenches. Special teams will be fine. We HAVE TO find a WR1. It took Rambo 3-4 weeks to step up too. Maybe it happens again.
Funny, I categorize our ACC games yesterday to myself as

Very Difficult - Clemson, UNC, and FSU

Moderately Difficult - VT, Pitt

Very Winnable - GT, UVA, and Duke

Funny, I categorize our ACC games yesterday to myself as

Very Difficult - Clemson, UNC, and FSU

Moderately Difficult - VT, Pitt

Very Winnable - GT, UVA, and Duke
Id probably say Clemson is the only one in the 1st category and then drop UNC and FSU to the middle and bring Duke to the middle.

FSU could probably make a case for the top category because it always seems to be close in the rivalry game.

Advertisement
Bad bad feeling about that game… bye week prior or not how in the **** are we going to our score them? The way their offense is humming limiting them to less than 33 is a major win. Can miami score 33 points against a team with a pulse? At this time I don’t think we can hope that changes in 3 weeks
They haven't played a good defense. We got pressure on AtM and their offensive line is 10x better than UNC. I don't expect Maye to have a lot of time to throw.

UNC has a much better QB than AtM, but are their WRs better? They have Josh Downs and who else? Take him out of the game and make the others beat you.

The QB wasn't the issue for AtM. Did Johnson miss a bunch of throws? No. He had a lot off incompletions, but that's not the same thing.
We played great defense getting pressure on him and covering up their WRs. We had quite a few PBUs.

UNC has been playing 7 v 7 football. Let's see what they do against a good defense.

I also expect our running game to limit their possessions and we should wear down their terrible defense.

I just look at them like S. Miss or M. Tenn St, but with a better offense. UNC is smoke and mirrors and a glorified G5 team. Yep, I said that.

Id probably say Clemson is the only one in the 1st category and then drop UNC and FSU to the middle and bring Duke to the middle.

FSU could probably make a case for the top category because it always seems to be close in the rivalry game.
That was part of my reasoning for FSU

Duke, I’ll entertain it but I don’t think they could handle the either lines of scrimmage.

Overall though, 8-4 is screaming at me 😂 with a couple more wins if some luck breaks our way or we figure some **** out offensively.

One game at a time...let's take care of business this coming Saturday, stay healthy, and most importantly get work in for the WR group. Personally, I'd like to see K.Smith, Brinson and B. Smith step up. I wouldn't mind seeing Knighton line up outside, plus Skinner.

Advertisement
Holy **** it didn't take long for the freaking mopes to rear their ugly heads. This might be the mopiest mopey thread since Mario was hired. Some on here now basically have us picked to win 4-5 games total this year. I don't know what y'all are smoking but pack another bowl for me!

Advertisement
Holy **** it didn't take long for the freaking mopes to rear their ugly heads. This might be the mopiest mopey thread since Mario was hired. Some on here now basically have us picked to win 4-5 games total this year. I don't know what y'all are smoking but pack another bowl for me!

TrumpyCane is disappointed in the amount of pussies in this thread

Have people saying FSU looks good, they beat their last two opponents by a combined 5 points, one of which was a ****** Louisville team

We're not beating FSU until a receiver steps up as "go to" or we have a bag full of explosive trick plays to generate offense.

They are capable of scoring on us and executing the same defensive game plan that A&M did with more pressure. Just reality.

VT is capable of executing the defensive game plan but I don't think they can score enough to win.

UNC is capable of scoring more than both VT and FSU and can probably slow us down enough with the bend/don't break. I think the prime time game at home gives us the advantage. Coming off a bye week as well.

Virginia is terrible in the trenches and we'll probably blow them out. They have 4 legit WRs and a good QB if they figure out how to keep us off Armstrong it could get interesting.

Duke is a wild card. Elko will scheme something up on defense and their offense looks dangerous. I think we pull it out but I expect it closer than I thought in the summer.

We'll blow out GT

This offense can't move the ball on Clemson. Too big and tough up front and they have the blue print. Probably another 17-9 or 17-13 type game. A&M wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would be. Death Valley gets much louder on the field and creates those issues in a tough environment.

Pitt will give us trouble on offense with their blitzes and they'll swallow our WRs in coverage and will probably move it on our defense. I don't think they have the offensive talent to beat us badly. I expect the tougher team to win. That'll be a Mario 'culture building' game.

I still think we're a 9-3 team. Probably in the ACCCG. Our defense is tough and we're tough in the trenches. Special teams will be fine. We HAVE TO find a WR1. It took Rambo 3-4 weeks to step up too. Maybe it happens again.
Mario should be shot if we lose to FSU.

We'll blow out GT

yeah, Clemson is the only loss I see on that list

Advertisement
I really don't understand the gloom and doom around here right now. Our lack of scoring wasn't because we couldn't move the ball or constantly went three and out. It was because we missed multiple game-changing throws and catches. We did not execute. Call it coachspeak if you want or an excuse, but if we executed on even half of those opportunities, we would've won by 10. Redzone playcalling was also suspect, and Mario's FG call inside the 10 was a bad call. But we moved the ball against a solid defense, offensive opportunities were there all game, and this defense is a way better defense than almost any other we'll play this year.

As this O gets more reps and TVD and these WRs start to sync up, we will execute better and capitalize on these opportunities. It seems like everyone here is just adopting the worst-case scenario for the rest of our schedule while also assuming that everyone on our schedule will play flawlessly against us. I'll be concerned if we play UNC and can't score.

Unc d looked awful all 2020 and Miami only managed to score 26. And Miami’s offense was solid that year. What makes you think Miami will score a lot this year?

That game was a Lashlee special.

We will score over 30 guaranteed.

Advertisement
Back