Its all about UNC

App state is light years better than us offensively at this time. That was put on display Saturday night. Don’t know anything about Georgia state but I’d imagine that o is currently better than us too. Better hope we run the ball and control the clock and score in red zone
This is a terrible take. We gained more yards passing and had basically the same amount rushing as app did vs ATM while possessing the ball 6 minutes less. Let’s not act as if ATM playing better on offense due to the qb change didn’t affect the game either. The only aspect of offense they did better than us was scoring two tds while we attempted 5 fgs.

The reason they won that game was Haynes Kings terrible play. Johnson plays that game the aggies win. If we were to play App state tomorrow we win going away.

Advertisement
App state is light years better than us offensively at this time. That was put on display Saturday night. Don’t know anything about Georgia state but I’d imagine that o is currently better than us too. Better hope we run the ball and control the clock and score in red zone
A&M was playing lights out BECAUSE they were looking past App State to playing us. I knew that beating them after that loss was going to be tough

Bad bad feeling about that game… bye week prior or not how in the **** are we going to our score them? The way their offense is humming limiting them to less than 33 is a major win. Can miami score 33 points against a team with a pulse? At this time I don’t think we can hope that changes in 3 weeks
Ga state just held them to 35 points last week.

I'm sure we can keep them below 21.

I'm not sure if we can score 30+ on them though.

I'm afraid A&M gave away the formula to stop us or at the very least slow us down enough to be very beatable. UNC already plays that style of defense as it is in a bend don't break.

Play 6 men in the box and let us run it. We will chunk 5-6-7 yards and eventually you'll get us for 0 or 1 and then force us to throw. In sure passing downs bring 3 and sit 8 guys in coverage. UNC has the DBs that can match up and lock us down like A&M did even with their 3rd string at times.

We are an efficient running team that really lacks explosion and big-play ability on the ground because we only have slightly above average backs. Parrish is efficient and Knighton can be explosive (him making big plays and breaking big runs might be the key to our season going forward) but goes down on the first contact. Thad is big and smooth but he's not a power runner by any means and lacks speed to break it open. We badly need someone that can break tackles and take it to the house. Both guys with that ability won't play this year in Chaney and Citizen.

Either break big run plays or successfully hit on the trick plays like the flea flicker we've tried 2 weeks in a row. I think that one has run it's course.. time to draw up some new trick plays down field. I'd love to see a return of the RB wheel we saw wide open so many times with Lashlee.
Basically we are a running team with no gamebreaking rb who have to efficiently move down field and other teams can just wait til we false start or hold to kill our drives like ATM.. Even on the play where Rooster trips over his feet or he scores, if there is no penalty its 1st and goal.. but the penalty makes it 3rd and 15 so we kick fg..

Crazy how we have no impact players who can change a game quick, of course rooster pulled his hamstring taking away his major ability but even so he trips over himself too easy..

Advertisement
I'm afraid A&M gave away the formula to stop us or at the very least slow us down enough to be very beatable. UNC already plays that style of defense as it is in a bend don't break.

Play 6 men in the box and let us run it. We will chunk 5-6-7 yards and eventually you'll get us for 0 or 1 and then force us to throw. In sure passing downs bring 3 and sit 8 guys in coverage. UNC has the DBs that can match up and lock us down like A&M did even with their 3rd string at times.

We are an efficient running team that really lacks explosion and big-play ability on the ground because we only have slightly above average backs. Parrish is efficient and Knighton can be explosive (him making big plays and breaking big runs might be the key to our season going forward) but goes down on the first contact. Thad is big and smooth but he's not a power runner by any means and lacks speed to break it open. We badly need someone that can break tackles and take it to the house. Both guys with that ability won't play this year in Chaney and Citizen.

Either break big run plays or successfully hit on the trick plays like the flea flicker we've tried 2 weeks in a row. I think that one has run it's course.. time to draw up some new trick plays down field. I'd love to see a return of the RB wheel we saw wide open so many times with Lashlee.
We need lots of PA passes to RBs and TEs to get big plays. Lining up and throwing to WRs won't work..

Have to get the WRs on the same page with TVD. That's on Gattis, as much as the play calling is. They also have to put in work after practice to get their timing down.

We're going to beat UNC by at least 10 pts. Their qb has had NO pressure on him yet, so we'll soon see how good he really is. It's easy to look good when you're eating bon bons in the pocket. That will not be the case when he faces our front, and they don't even have a defense.

Advertisement
This is a terrible take. We gained more yards passing and had basically the same amount rushing as app did vs ATM while possessing the ball 6 minutes less. Let’s not act as if ATM playing better on offense due to the qb change didn’t affect the game either. The only aspect of offense they did better than us was scoring two tds while we attempted 5 fgs.

The reason they won that game was Haynes Kings terrible play. Johnson plays that game the aggies win. If we were to play App state tomorrow we win going away.
Talk about moving the goal posts holy crap

Mess around and lose against Middle Tennessee State looking ahead to the UNC game....pull an App State vs A&M.

Here's to hoping the kids don't think like we all do...

But to your point, I'm interested in seeing if the bye week blues have been corrected....I legitimately think the ACC gets a kick out of scheduling UNC after our bye weeks. We beat them and they'll stop doing that lol
The Canes have a bye week before UNC so i'm not that worried about the team looking ahead.

Gattis and Cristobal have, essentially, 3 weeks to find a solution to the passing woes of this offense. We get, what should be, a glorified scrimmage in between.

If we see Manny esque lack of improvement/sluggishness following the Bye week into UNC, then it will be time to panic.

Let’s see what they can do in what is nearly the same amount of time as fall camp.

Georgia State is 0-3 on the year. App needed a miracle to beat Troy (5-7 last year; 0-2 this year).

I’m more concerned about us getting the stops we need on D, to win this game. A minor improvement on execution = more points for our O. The opportunities are there.

Advertisement
We beat UNC then I’m confident for the rest of the games minus Clemson. I know UNC’s defense is dog water but if we can contain that offense and get over the hump of losing to those weirdos then we are all good fam.

Gattis and Cristobal have, essentially, 3 weeks to find a solution to the passing woes of this offense. We get, what should be, a glorified scrimmage in between.

If we see Manny esque lack of improvement/sluggishness following the Bye week into UNC, then it will be time to panic.

Let’s see what they can do in what is nearly the same amount of time as fall camp.
Panic after 3 games with an average roster at best. Wild.

Georgia State is 0-3 on the year. App needed a miracle to beat Troy (5-7 last year; 0-2 this year).

I’m more concerned about us getting the stops we need on D, to win this game. A minor improvement on execution = more points for our O. The opportunities are there.
I agree with you and that’s why my point was geared more to offense because How many stops do you expect to get against a great offense? You better capitalize on all of them or at the very least a vast majority of them

Advertisement
We need lots of PA passes to RBs and TEs to get big plays. Lining up and throwing to WRs won't work..
Wouldn't be hard to mix in a few RPOs that were successful last year during MTSU game prep and the bye week

TVD knows them and is comfortable with them and the players know them as well. Keep doing what Gattis wants to do for the most part with those at our disposal if needed.

As long as we aren't being stubborn about adapting and adjusting I don't care what they do.

Wouldn't be hard to mix in a few RPOs that were successful last year during MTSU game prep and the bye week

TVD knows them and is comfortable with them and the players know them as well. Keep doing what Gattis wants to do for the most part with those at our disposal if needed.

As long as we aren't being stubborn about adapting and adjusting I don't care what they do.
Yeah those RPOs where a TE or RB sneak out of the crowd seemed to work for a TD a game

This is a game where it actually probably is good to run a lot and slow down the game (AS LONG AS WE GET TD'S).

Advertisement
Back