Its all about UNC

Advertisement
First year of rebuild or not, if we are once again Mack's little *****, I will be sad. Beating the Corstal clowns is a minimum expectation.
I agree 100%. There is absolutely no reason we should not win that game. We have a “practice“ game this week to let our WR’s practice catching the ball, and then two full weeks to get ready for NC and we’re playing them here. Granted, Manny was never able to take advantage of the extra prep time during a bye week, but hopefully Mario will. No reason not to win.

Unc d looked awful all 2020 and Miami only managed to score 26. And Miami’s offense was solid that year. What makes you think Miami will score a lot this year?

Short memories. Our offense last year was big play or bust (usually 3 and out). That wears you out on the defensive side after a while if your offense can't sustain drives. But we were hardly solid. No balance whatsoever.

If App St can hang 60 on these guys I think we should be able to score points with more balance than last year and as long as our defense plays disciplined and assignment football we should be able to beat these guys, especially at home. Balanced attack and playing disciplined defense were two things that were lacking last year that cost us big time.

Advertisement
We're going to beat UNC by at least 10 pts. Their qb has had NO pressure on him yet, so we'll soon see how good he really is. It's easy to look good when you're eating bon bons in the pocket. That will not be the case when he faces our front, and they don't even have a defense.
Exactly what I'm saying UNC hasn't played a physical team like us on both sides of the ball, we should wear them down and run away with it in the 2nd half

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson would kick us to the curb right now. People keep cracking on FSU...when in reality they also would have beaten us last week.
Well then we have a long way to go this year then, no disrespect to FSU I just feel like Clemson is the standard in the conference that we have to work to get better than if we really want to be among the big boys on college football

Advertisement
Yea everyone jokes about fsu but they're way better as a team than us . And yes travis is getting better
I F-ing Loath them...but I'm being factual. Travis has improved dramatically...and their defense is fast af. They can Keep clowning on them all they want, but if we don't improve quickly, they'll beat us...at home or not.

I F-ing Loath them...but I'm being factual. Travis has improved dramatically...and their defense is fast af. They can Keep clowning on them all they want, but if we don't improve quickly, they'll beat us...at home or not.
we had an issue w their pass rush last year. word on verse injury?

Sleep on FSU if you want...their Defense is fast af...and Travis is getting better each game.
We're not beating FSU until a receiver steps up as "go to" or we have a bag full of explosive trick plays to generate offense.

They are capable of scoring on us and executing the same defensive game plan that A&M did with more pressure. Just reality.

VT is capable of executing the defensive game plan but I don't think they can score enough to win.

UNC is capable of scoring more than both VT and FSU and can probably slow us down enough with the bend/don't break. I think the prime time game at home gives us the advantage. Coming off a bye week as well.

Virginia is terrible in the trenches and we'll probably blow them out. They have 4 legit WRs and a good QB if they figure out how to keep us off Armstrong it could get interesting.

Duke is a wild card. Elko will scheme something up on defense and their offense looks dangerous. I think we pull it out but I expect it closer than I thought in the summer.

We'll blow out GT

This offense can't move the ball on Clemson. Too big and tough up front and they have the blue print. Probably another 17-9 or 17-13 type game. A&M wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would be. Death Valley gets much louder on the field and creates those issues in a tough environment.

Pitt will give us trouble on offense with their blitzes and they'll swallow our WRs in coverage and will probably move it on our defense. I don't think they have the offensive talent to beat us badly. I expect the tougher team to win. That'll be a Mario 'culture building' game.

I still think we're a 9-3 team. Probably in the ACCCG. Our defense is tough and we're tough in the trenches. Special teams will be fine. We HAVE TO find a WR1. It took Rambo 3-4 weeks to step up too. Maybe it happens again.

Advertisement
Back