It's all about the X's & O's...

Advertisement
People don't want to here it but mario might have been a better hire than diaz as far as hiring guys with miami ties.

Mario is elite on the trail. He has a modern offense at oregon and they are averaging 39 a game. And the defense is ranked 13th right now.

He didn’t want to come here.

Advertisement
To me the issue with this team on both sides of the ball is scheme more so than personnel.

Particularly on Offense, I've felt we need to go to a Spread Offense since 2016 due to the fact we simply don't have the OL to run the scheme these play callers Miami keeps hiring wants us to run.

WE ARE NOT A POWER RUN UNDER CENTER "PRO STYLE" Offense. We don't have the OT's to protect long enough for 5-7 step Play Action drops & we don't have the the interior line to open up big holes & create sufficient run lanes.

We need to stop fighting against ourselves & transition to a Spread/Air Raid style offense, because 1) we have the Offensive weapons that fit that scheme perfectly & 2) it would neutralize having to always rely on the Defense to be more stout than they're capable of.

We should be beating teams off the fact we have speed & athleticism combined with making them defend the ENTIRE field. The exact same issues we had last year, we have this year, we're slow, predictable & easily shut down on Offense by any DC with half a brain because we don't apply any pressure to Defenses whatsoever, we play right into their hands.

In today's era of College Football you can manufacture yards without having elite talent all over the field, the name of the PACE & SPACE! When you don't have an elite OL with a bunch of maulers & road graders the one thing you don't do is put them in a position to lose by making them block longer than they should. In an uptempo offense the ball is moving quickly on both Pass & Run plays which makes it easier for the OL to sustain quicker blocking assignments & doesn't force them to deal with a pass rush they can't contain.

For whatever reason we keep getting these fckin play callers that think the way to solve our OL issues is to just let them get beat over & over again and then eventually they'll figure it out smfh. Jakai Clark, Zion Nelson, Donaldson & Scaife all looked like sh*t vs CMU, that to me speaks to the coaching staff not properly developing them & not teaching them correctly. It's un-fckin-believable that we haven't had an OL worth a **** in basically 5 years.

We play extremely slow as an offense with these long developing plays that get blown up in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. We play with no tempo at all, we should be going at breakneck speed & forcing teams to pick their poison in what they wanna sellout to Defend. PACE & SPACE, you can run the ball effectively out of the Spread while still having a lethal passing attack going with multiple 4-wide sets & when you pickup the pace of play going tempo you keep the Defense on their heels & off balanced.

Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING. The specific scheme may differ from each team in terms of verbiage & play calling, but the concepts are all similar & the overall philosophy is very much the same... ATTACK YOUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES WITH YOUR STRENGTHS & SPREAD THE DEFENSE OUT TO OPEN UP THE FIELD.

I've seen enough on this slow antiquated 1995 under center Offense, we're not Wisconsin, or BC, or Iowa, or Michigan State, we don't have the players to run this type of Offense that our OC's keep wanting to run here. We need to get with the times & Spread the got **** ball out & start utilizing our skill players better putting them in position to succeed.

The reason why we always have a bunch of talented under utilized players is because we get these dictator OC's that wanna run these old *** overly & unnecessarily complicated offenses that take 4 years to learn the playbook, while simultaneously never actually yielding any results. What fckin sense does it make to run the most complex offense ever that essentially neutralizes your own skill players & debilitates your OLine & can still be easily beaten by FCS D Coordinators & teams with less talent?

Back in November of last year I made a thread about the next HC candidates I think would do well here, the top guys were Josh Heupel, Mike Norvell, Dino Babers & Neal Brown. My reasoning was, they would bring their high powered offenses to Miami with the caliber of athletes we have which would immediately increase offensive productvity which would get us easy W's vs teams that we're more talented than, which would then also put us in position to go on a run making us a more viable team in the Coastal, which would then make us more attractive to recruits.

Manny was not on my list. I like Manny & am willing to give him time to get it right realizing full well he's not gettin fired in year 1; what my hope is is that Enos gets hired somewhere else after this season (no he's not going to Mich St as a HC, if anything he'll go be a OC for another team or possibly get hired by a MAC/Sun Belt team as a HC) & maybe we can finally get smart & hire a guy from the Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread tree to put us in position to stop playing down to competition.

I wanted the OU OL coach as the OC over Enos.
First he is known as one of the best OL coaches in the country. Addresses the OL issue
Second he bring the OU play book.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Dwinstitles I was on the phone last night with 2 Former UM players (who'll remain nameless)...(and not @dsddcane ) who told me UM has 4 assistant coaches who have Absolutely No business coaching at UM....
I'll take their word over anybody on this site..(excluding @dsddcane) take it for what its worth.

Anyone with a set of eyes knows that Patke, Banda, Stubblefield, Baker and Stroud at a minimum have no business coaching at a power 5 school, forgetting about Miami. I am not even sure if the first two are qualified for a Group of 5 school. Working knowledge of football is not needed.

Advertisement
I'm no football expert, maybe @Liberty City El or someone else can tell me if I'm making any sense here:

The thing I don't understand about our stubborn loyalty to pro-style football is, didn't we win 2 of our 5 national titles with a coach that brought us an innovative spread offense?

It's not like we've never run the spread here and don't know what to expect. We're not some wishbone school that has never thrown the ball that is now having cold feet about stepping out of its comfort zone. Never mind OTHER schools' success with the spread. We've had success before running a version of the spread OURSELVES.

A good chunk of our glorious history is tied to running something other than the pro-style we've spent the last number of years trying to protect.

Again, I'm no John Madden. I don't profess to know the ins and outs of all these offenses, but that part just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm no football expert either, but I'll comment anyway.

I don't think it's some type of institutional thing. I don't think we've been getting innovation-minded coaches who have been forced to run pro style. I think, for some fcking reason, we just keep picking guys who want to play that way. Even when we hire a HC who's going to stay away from the offense, we somehow end up with the same offense.

Anyone with a set of eyes knows that Patke, Banda, Stubblefield, Baker and Stroud at a minimum have no business coaching at a power 5 school, forgetting about Miami. I am not even sure if the first two are qualified for a Group of 5 school. Working knowledge of football is not needed.

Of course ppl knew those guys didn’t belong. That clown uses any opportunity he can to let us know he talks to and is friends with old players

Last edited:

Banda has help put multiple guys into the league and we’ve had excellent safety play here from day one of his time here.

Why do you believe he shouldn’t even be at a group of five school?

Advertisement
Back