It's all about the X's & O's...

Advertisement
Good job Manny - You hired an OC who basically runs a different dinosaur version of Richt's offense.. SMH

And he's stubborn as **** just like him too

If the whole year goes like this and no offensive adjustments are made, 1 - We'll lose at least 3 more games, and 2 - Manny will need to make changes to the Offensive Staff he hired.

If 1 happens and he doesn't change staff, we know we don't have our coach, yet again
Diaz isn’t going fire anyone especially Banda or Patke. Everyone talks **** about Randy but he was last coach we had that at least tried to make changes to his staff.

He wasn't offered. The job was diaz as soon as richt retired.

It’s my understanding he was spoken to and was never a consideration after that. Regardless, we weren’t going to pay a $10 million buyout to get him.

Air raid is not what I want. Power spread like what Ohio state is using is ideal. The only position we can consistently recruit national talent is TE since we still have league cache. We need to exploit this but also make use of our ability to get receivers and running backs. With the air raid your run game suffers. Good teams run the ball well.

We also don’t need to hike the ball in hyper speed. This doesn’t give the defense time to rest and if you’re not on your game you defense will suffer. Look at Ucf against Pitt. Pitt stopped them on first and second and then they go three and out in under a minute. Or they line up and need to get a play called correctly and the rhythm is off. What Ohio state runs is what we need to run. No doubt about it.

If you run the Mickey Mouse **** your defense will start to suck. There’s no air raid team with a good defense. Even LSU gave up 33 to vandy.

Make no mistake we need to make a change. But some of y’all are wishing for the wrong thing

Well dUh, Miami DOESN'T have the OFFENSIVE LINEMEN to run a power spread. ****, for the life of Riley. Did you even READ the post mentioned above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Good teams run the ball well. " Now that's fresh. Have U heard the news today. Again, Miami DOESN'T have the O-line to run the ball well. dUh And they happen to be young and inexperience.

By the way dude, Miami fan is probably going to get a RUDE wake up call against mighty Bud Foster's defense! In other words, it's going to be Foster vs. Enos come Saturn day, October 5th.

And I don't give a Freak' if Va Tech defeated two lowly opponents. Because the " book is out " on Eno's suspect offense. Enter TINY Central Michigan.:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement
I don't think it even has to be a air raid system. I had my hopes up when the fedora rumors were out there. I liked the spread he ran at unc because it was up-tempo but it was still balanced. He ran the ball and used the TEs when they had them.

I think his offense would have been perfect here and he has had some disciples that have went on and had good offenses.

I agree, I was stoked about us possibly getting him. I wonder what really happened, cause everything I read and heard, it was going to be him.

square-peg-round-hole.jpg

The Miami way

Banda has help put multiple guys into the league and we’ve had excellent safety play here from day one of his time here.

Why do you believe he shouldn’t even be at a group of five school?

We have had fine safety play. Redwine got much better, Jaquan was Jaquan. However, Amari Carter still takes awful angles. Hall had one good week, but he is tbd. Frierson moved to safety/striker and he hasn't taken the next steps. Our tackling has been abysmal all year from the position. The two long touchdowns vs Florida were missed tackles and blown coverages from the safeties and they looked like basura against UNC.

Aside from coaching, his recruiting has left a lot to be desired. We have three coaches dedicated to defensive backs for these results in recruiting, development, and gameplay. That is insane.

Good job Manny - You hired an OC who basically runs a different dinosaur version of Richt's offense.. SMH

And he's stubborn as **** just like him too

If the whole year goes like this and no offensive adjustments are made, 1 - We'll lose at least 3 more games, and 2 - Manny will need to make changes to the Offensive Staff he hired.

If 1 happens and he doesn't change staff, we know we don't have our coach, yet again

The game against Bud Foster's defense will give Cane fan a " reading " on how the remaining season plays out. Because Foster is an overall superior defensive coordinator than Central Michigan's defensive coordinator. And said D-coordinator BYTCHED SLAPPED Eno's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hUh

Advertisement
It’s my understanding he was spoken to and was never a consideration after that. Regardless, we weren’t going to pay a $10 million buyout to get him.
Actually they would have. They paid a 7 million dollar buyout for golden. Gave temple 4 million dollars to get Diaz( a first time head coach) and didn’t owe richt any money so they definitely had the money to do it if they wanted but James immediately hired Diaz with no coaching search taking place

You are advocating for something that isn't complimentary football. Sure, we could rack up more yards and more points, but we'd find ourselves pulling our hair out because we're losing in shootouts. Ask FSU fans how they felt when Briles was running up tempo when they were clinging to a one possession lead with 4 minutes left in the game against UVA.

That's not necessarily so. If Miami has a competent efficient defensive coordinator. Then Miami wouldn't be in a tight shootout game in the fourth quarter. At least against average Power 5 teams.

Advertisement
That's not necessarily so. If Miami has a competent efficient defensive coordinator. Then Miami wouldn't be in a tight shootout game in the fourth quarter. At least against average Power 5 teams.

That's not necessarily true either. Many of the elite spread teams find themselves in shootouts all the time with average Power 5 teams. These high pace offenses stress your own defense tremendously regardless of how good your DC is or how talented the defensive players are.

We have had fine safety play. Redwine got much better, Jaquan was Jaquan. However, Amari Carter still takes awful angles. Hall had one good week, but he is tbd. Frierson moved to safety/striker and he hasn't taken the next steps. Our tackling has been abysmal all year from the position. The two long touchdowns vs Florida were missed tackles and blown coverages from the safeties and they looked like basura against UNC.

Aside from coaching, his recruiting has left a lot to be desired. We have three coaches dedicated to defensive backs for these results in recruiting, development, and gameplay. That is insane.
I think he should spend all week with Frierson at FS. Frierson & Hall at S could be our best tandem in years.

The biggest problem is Miami wants to run a pro style offense without a elite oline coach and that just won't work. We haven't had a legit oline coach since Jeff Soutland.
Kehoe could at least do the bare minimum recruiting.

Advertisement
To me the issue with this team on both sides of the ball is scheme more so than personnel.

Particularly on Offense, I've felt we need to go to a Spread Offense since 2016 due to the fact we simply don't have the OL to run the scheme these play callers Miami keeps hiring wants us to run.

WE ARE NOT A POWER RUN UNDER CENTER "PRO STYLE" Offense. We don't have the OT's to protect long enough for 5-7 step Play Action drops & we don't have the the interior line to open up big holes & create sufficient run lanes.

We need to stop fighting against ourselves & transition to a Spread/Air Raid style offense, because 1) we have the Offensive weapons that fit that scheme perfectly & 2) it would neutralize having to always rely on the Defense to be more stout than they're capable of.

We should be beating teams off the fact we have speed & athleticism combined with making them defend the ENTIRE field. The exact same issues we had last year, we have this year, we're slow, predictable & easily shut down on Offense by any DC with half a brain because we don't apply any pressure to Defenses whatsoever, we play right into their hands.

In today's era of College Football you can manufacture yards without having elite talent all over the field, the name of the PACE & SPACE! When you don't have an elite OL with a bunch of maulers & road graders the one thing you don't do is put them in a position to lose by making them block longer than they should. In an uptempo offense the ball is moving quickly on both Pass & Run plays which makes it easier for the OL to sustain quicker blocking assignments & doesn't force them to deal with a pass rush they can't contain.

For whatever reason we keep getting these fckin play callers that think the way to solve our OL issues is to just let them get beat over & over again and then eventually they'll figure it out smfh. Jakai Clark, Zion Nelson, Donaldson & Scaife all looked like sh*t vs CMU, that to me speaks to the coaching staff not properly developing them & not teaching them correctly. It's un-fckin-believable that we haven't had an OL worth a **** in basically 5 years.

We play extremely slow as an offense with these long developing plays that get blown up in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. We play with no tempo at all, we should be going at breakneck speed & forcing teams to pick their poison in what they wanna sellout to Defend. PACE & SPACE, you can run the ball effectively out of the Spread while still having a lethal passing attack going with multiple 4-wide sets & when you pickup the pace of play going tempo you keep the Defense on their heels & off balanced.

Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING. The specific scheme may differ from each team in terms of verbiage & play calling, but the concepts are all similar & the overall philosophy is very much the same... ATTACK YOUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES WITH YOUR STRENGTHS & SPREAD THE DEFENSE OUT TO OPEN UP THE FIELD.

I've seen enough on this slow antiquated 1995 under center Offense, we're not Wisconsin, or BC, or Iowa, or Michigan State, we don't have the players to run this type of Offense that our OC's keep wanting to run here. We need to get with the times & Spread the got **** ball out & start utilizing our skill players better putting them in position to succeed.

The reason why we always have a bunch of talented under utilized players is because we get these dictator OC's that wanna run these old *** overly & unnecessarily complicated offenses that take 4 years to learn the playbook, while simultaneously never actually yielding any results. What fckin sense does it make to run the most complex offense ever that essentially neutralizes your own skill players & debilitates your OLine & can still be easily beaten by FCS D Coordinators & teams with less talent?

Back in November of last year I made a thread about the next HC candidates I think would do well here, the top guys were Josh Heupel, Mike Norvell, Dino Babers & Neal Brown. My reasoning was, they would bring their high powered offenses to Miami with the caliber of athletes we have which would immediately increase offensive productvity which would get us easy W's vs teams that we're more talented than, which would then also put us in position to go on a run making us a more viable team in the Coastal, which would then make us more attractive to recruits.

Manny was not on my list. I like Manny & am willing to give him time to get it right realizing full well he's not gettin fired in year 1; what my hope is is that Enos gets hired somewhere else after this season (no he's not going to Mich St as a HC, if anything he'll go be a OC for another team or possibly get hired by a MAC/Sun Belt team as a HC) & maybe we can finally get smart & hire a guy from the Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread tree to put us in position to stop playing down to competition.
From your words to gods ear my friend. We became great by being innovative and were the first team to a run a pro set when we won it in 83 and then after that everyone started running pro set and now anyone with a brain has gone to the spread. But since we are basically the father of pro style offenses in CFB we have this weird/stupid attachment to it even though that offense has gone the way of the dinosaurs. These kids In florida play there whole careers in the spread until they get to UM and we make them run an offense from 30 plus years ago. It’s so stupid that not one coach has figured this out that it literally leaves me speechless with no hope. How great would it be for our recruits to get to UM and run the exact same offense they’ve fined tuned there skills for there whole life? Instead we force them into learning a whole new offense that there dads and now grand dads played in. Smh

Anyone with a set of eyes knows that Patke, Banda, Stubblefield, Baker and Stroud at a minimum have no business coaching at a power 5 school, forgetting about Miami. I am not even sure if the first two are qualified for a Group of 5 school. Working knowledge of football is not needed.

The troika of Patke, Bandito and Stroud were CHEAP assistant coaching hires, but I second your notion that don't belong at Miami.

That's not necessarily true either. Many of the elite spread teams find themselves in shootouts all the time with average Power 5 teams. These high pace offenses stress your own defense tremendously regardless of how good your DC is or how talented the defensive players are.
I feel like Miami has the natural ability to roll with that punch, and perhaps be one of the teams that bucks the trend. Basically find yourself a few Jon Beason LB to play inside and then recruit Finley & Carter types to play OLB. Rousseau types to get hands in QB faces and bat down balls. Lastly try and recruit the absolute fastest 2ndary you can.

I feel like Miami has the natural ability to roll with that punch, and perhaps be one of the teams that bucks the trend. Basically find yourself a few Jon Beason LB to play inside and then recruit Finley & Carter types to play OLB. Rousseau types to get hands in QB faces and bat down balls. Lastly try and recruit the absolute fastest 2ndary you can.

Oklahoma largely gets whoever they want. They recruit with the best of them. Hasn't exactly worked for them. Sure, I'd love to make the playoffs, but at some point, fans would lose their minds that we are constantly getting beat in the playoffs.

IMO, Clemson or tOSU's offense are better goals to aim for.

Now, there is something to be said for running a Pace & Space offense as stop gap in order to win more consistently and use that to improve recruiting with the ultimate goal of moving back to an offense that is more complimentary.

Advertisement
Back