It's a **** good thing we didn't hire BUTCH! Aint it?

I have some doubts about Rick, but Butch sure as **** would not have been any better at this point.

Would have been the same exact offense and would need a completely loaded roster to approach 10 wins. Butch never did and wouldn't be out- scheming anyone.

+1

Advertisement
Why are we talking about Butch? Leach has rattled off three wins in a row over Oregon, Stanford, and UCLA.

What you guys fail to realize is that Butch was the master at finding the best 2 or 3 star players. That is what Butch brought to the table.

Butch could identify potential. But how often have we seen potential wasted. His real mastery was a master at assembling a staff that could develop the talent. In hind sight, it made the 2 and 3 stars look better.

Both. He's also a defensive line coach by trade. He had a great eye for defensive line talent. At UNC he made his first recruiting priority Marvin Austin.

Uh....everyone in the country wanted Marvin Austin.

Advertisement
Richt's offense is frankly offensive! Even sorry *** Coley's offense looked more explosive than the total crap fest that we have been treated to the last 2 weeks. Kaaya sucks, the OL sucks, we get it. But "great" coaches use their player's strengths to succeed, not the other way around.

This is reminding me of crappy when we had Brock Berlin. Kid was a savage out of the shotgun, would kill other teams. So of course, Clappy would force him to be under center the majority of the time. Just mind boggling.

A lot of the play calling today was brutal, as well as the mismanagement of the clock and timeouts. This might be the most conservative play caller that we've ever had at the U.

Exactly what I've been thinking since last week. I don't know why these coaches do it to themselves.

Brad is a rhythm QB. Amongst other things, he is mentally soft (I know that came as off as harsh, but I don't mean it as such) and needs to feel comfortable in order to be effective. He knows the OL is a sieve. It's on his mind before every snap, and it's affecting his decision making when he's under center. When he's in the shotgun and we're going hurry-up? He's dealing like he's in Vegas.

You look at a guy like Petrino who has a QB like he's never had before. Instead of trying to make him into the Pro-type of passer he's used to, he changed his offense to fit Jackson's talents.

Kaaya, since High School, is a shotgun QB. Let him and the boys play.

Great post! I couldn't agree more!

If Richt can't see this, and he's the head man, then I know for sure that he's a corch.

Has anyone ever wondered what is so special about this guy?

Never started as a QB anywhere in his career, pro or college. Not a fiery leader like J.J., Schnelly, Erickson or Butch.

He's a good guy but soft as baby **** and stubborn as a mule. Unless he has an epiphany and is willing to evolve his play calling to fit his players strengths, then I see at least 5 more years of mediocrity in our future.

Erickson wasn't a fiery guy

Yes, he was. You must be a young buck. Either that or you became a fan after his tenure.

I guess you don't remember him going through campus during FSU game week and waving his arms in the air like a madman, riling up the student base, with the look of a mad dog on his face.

You would never see this out of Richt. His gimmick was having the Dawgs get a penalty after scoring against UF, to try to prove that they weren't gonna take the annual beat down anymore. It worked for one year.

Richt put a gag order on our Freshmen for the time being. Meanwhile, J.J. would tell his dudes to talk **** and then unleash them to terrorize opponents, hence the phrase, "hit stick, bust dyck talk ****." When will you fake "new-age of the U" fans get it? We won't be back until we have a coach that embraces our past, not a guy that tries to shy away from it.

Richt's offense is frankly offensive! Even sorry *** Coley's offense looked more explosive than the total crap fest that we have been treated to the last 2 weeks. Kaaya sucks, the OL sucks, we get it. But "great" coaches use their player's strengths to succeed, not the other way around.

This is reminding me of crappy when we had Brock Berlin. Kid was a savage out of the shotgun, would kill other teams. So of course, Clappy would force him to be under center the majority of the time. Just mind boggling.

A lot of the play calling today was brutal, as well as the mismanagement of the clock and timeouts. This might be the most conservative play caller that we've ever had at the U.

Exactly what I've been thinking since last week. I don't know why these coaches do it to themselves.

Brad is a rhythm QB. Amongst other things, he is mentally soft (I know that came as off as harsh, but I don't mean it as such) and needs to feel comfortable in order to be effective. He knows the OL is a sieve. It's on his mind before every snap, and it's affecting his decision making when he's under center. When he's in the shotgun and we're going hurry-up? He's dealing like he's in Vegas.

You look at a guy like Petrino who has a QB like he's never had before. Instead of trying to make him into the Pro-type of passer he's used to, he changed his offense to fit Jackson's talents.

If Richt can't see this, and he's the head man, then I know for sure that he's a corch.

Never started as a QB anywhere in his career, pro or college. Not a fiery leader like J.J., Schnelly, Erickson or Butch.

He's a good guy but soft as baby **** and stubborn as a mule. Unless he has an epiphany and is willing to evolve his play calling to fit his players strengths, then I see at least 5 more years of mediocrity in our future.

Yes, he was. You must be a young buck. Either that or you became a fan after his tenure.

I guess you don't remember him going through campus during FSU game week and waving his arms in the air like a madman, riling up the student base, with the look of a mad dog on his face.

You would never see this out of Richt. His gimmick was having the Dawgs get a penalty after scoring against UF, to try to prove that they weren't gonna take the annual beat down anymore. It worked for one year.

Richt put a gag order on our Freshmen for the time being. Meanwhile, J.J. would tell his dudes to talk **** and then unleash them to terrorize opponents, hence the phrase, "hit stick, bust dyck talk ****." When will you fake "new-age of the U" fans get it? We won't be back until we have a coach that embraces our past, not a guy that tries to shy away from it.

This isn't the 80s.

Stop.

This isn't the 80s.

Stop.

You're right, this isn't the 80's. We could only dream of having elite coaching in all three phases of the game like we did in the 80's.

Richt is proving to be a terrible play caller. But wait, he needs at least 3-5 years before you and the rest of the "new HC" butt kissing crew finally open your eyes and acknowledge that the guy sucks. Just as you all did with Randy and Alfredo during their failed regimes.

Advertisement
BRO EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE IF OUR COACH TALKED **** AND LET OUR GUYS ****TALK OPPOSING TEAMS BRO.

Lol @ this clown " But wait, he needs at least 3-5 years before you and the rest of the "new HC" butt kissing crew finally open your eyes and acknowledge that the guy sucks. Just as you all did with Randy and Alfredo during their failed regimes."

Lmao like WE (Wezzies) weren't calling for **** head for the last 3 yrs while this whole website called us mopes.

Who exactly are you again?

This isn't the 80s.

Stop.

You're right, this isn't the 80's. We could only dream of having elite coaching in all three phases of the game like we did in the 80's.

Richt is proving to be a terrible play caller. But wait, he needs at least 3-5 years before you and the rest of the "new HC" butt kissing crew finally open your eyes and acknowledge that the guy sucks. Just as you all did with Randy and Alfredo during their failed regimes.

**** you people turn on others fast as ***

2 weeks ago we were averaging 40 points a game

I didn't hear none of this sh*t

BRO EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE IF OUR COACH TALKED **** AND LET OUR GUYS ****TALK OPPOSING TEAMS BRO.

Lol @ this clown " But wait, he needs at least 3-5 years before you and the rest of the "new HC" butt kissing crew finally open your eyes and acknowledge that the guy sucks. Just as you all did with Randy and Alfredo during their failed regimes."

Lmao like WE (Wezzies) weren't calling for **** head for the last 3 yrs while this whole website called us mopes.

Who exactly are you again?

and let's not forget this same erickson guy this dude is touting up is the main reason this program fell apart in the first place

Advertisement
Say what you will.

Butch would hire an Offensive Coordinator.

Top that.

He hired John Shoop. How did that turn out?

He quickly fired his ***, too.

2007: Shoop's offense was ranked 105th, Butch didn't fire him.

2008: Shoop's offense was ranked 84th, Butch didn't fire him.

2009: Shoop's offense was ranked 99th, Butch didn't fire him.

2010: Shoop's offense was ranked 46th, Butch didn't fire him.

Prior to the 2011 season, Butch got fired and UNC's OC was still John Shoop.

Say what you will.

Top that.

Butch hired MULTIPLE future NFL and collegiate head coaches. All you haters can say is Shoop. SHOOK.

Advertisement
Butch's offense at UNC was almost as bad as this.

We needed to throw 7 or 8 mil at Herman and make him say no.

Tom Herman wasn't coming here, and for good reason. Why should any coach with big time options want to work with the zoo that is the Miami fanbase? Herman can go somewhere where the fans are passionate, BUT ACTUALLY PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTHS ARE. That isn't happening here. Where do you think that 8 million bucks was going to come from? Do you realize that Miami wouldn't have been able to pay for assistants had Miami gone out and paid Saban money to a guy that isn't Nick Saban? Herman is **** good, he may turn out to be the next Urban Meyer, but he may turn out to be the next Todd Graham, or Steve Kragthorpe.

I'm annoyed about these two losses, but get real. Seriously. We're not even a full year into the man's tenure, and people are flipping out. This team wasn't going undefeated, period. Yes, these losses should have been wins, but a team that is limited in depth, and is weak on the O-Line tends to drop these kind of games. That said, anyone with two working eyes sees improvement on this team, mostly on the defensive side.

I think that the main problem is with some of the assistants on the offensive side, there is a lot of dead weight. Jon Richt and Todd Hartley are glorified grad assistants, and they have to be dealt with after the season. It seems that J. Richt is a worse QB coach than Coley, and that's something I didn't believe was possible. It's not like Kaaya isn't teachable, that's one of his strong suits, why is his mechanics, and whatnot getting worse? Why is it so hard to get the guy into a decent rhythm? That's where a true QB coach would be working with the primary playcaller to get his guy into a position to succeed.

Say what you will.

Top that.

Butch hired MULTIPLE future NFL and collegiate head coaches. All you haters can say is Shoop. SHOOK.

How many of those future HC were any good? We saw what Coker and Shannon did here, Schiano turned around Rutgers, but mostly through smoke and mirrors. Stoops is about to be unemployed in short order at Kentucky. Pagano is really the one guy you can point to as a legit HC, and even then. How much of his success is based on him being in the weakest division in the AFC?

No one is even interviewing Butch
- think about
- Petrino back, the pirate - even Coker got another shot

Oh wait - I know - he is turning down jobs - LOL

He's waiting for the Miami job to open up, again

giphy.gif

How many of those future HC were any good? We saw what Coker and Shannon did here, Schiano turned around Rutgers, but mostly through smoke and mirrors. Stoops is about to be unemployed in short order at Kentucky. Pagano is really the one guy you can point to as a legit HC, and even then. How much of his success is based on him being in the weakest division in the AFC?

pagano is not a good coach. he's had the benefit of coaching the the worst division in pro football his entire career, and now they're in last place. dude just lost a game when he was up 14 in the 4th quarter to the ******* texans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back