It's a **** good thing we didn't hire BUTCH! Aint it?

Advertisement
Butch's 1980's Big Ten offense under the immortal John Shoop would have been just as bad, and the defense would be worse.

If Butch is still anything it's a roster builder. His plans take anywhere from 4 to 6 years to become effective.

Advertisement
Why are Cane (some) fans the only fans wanting Botch as their HC? The guy at the time still had a huge advantage in recruiting.. There was no social media, not like today anyway.. not even going to get into his coaching flaws.. He was a coRch while here.. We were on probation, aight.. He wasn't at unc and he was a coRch there also and had a notorious bagman on his staff.. Wtf did he do at unc that Mack brown wasnt doing before him? Botch isn't the answer, that's why his *** isn't coaching and no ones calling

LOL , Botch

If you want a UNC coach then hire the guy who has done infinitely better there even while cleaning up the disaster of sanctions Butch David left behind. Ask UNC fans who they'd rather have--Fedora or David?

I have some doubts about Rick, but Butch sure as **** would not have been any better at this point.

Would have been the same exact offense and would need a completely loaded roster to approach 10 wins. Butch never did and wouldn't be out- scheming anyone.

Advertisement
"I would like Butch Davis to coach the Miami Hurricanes again."

-Certified dip**** mouth breathers across the globe

I have some doubts about Rick, but Butch sure as **** would not have been any better at this point.

Would have been the same exact offense and would need a completely loaded roster to approach 10 wins. Butch never did and wouldn't be out- scheming anyone.

You just described Mark Richt to a T.

Butch's 1980's Big Ten offense under the immortal John Shoop would have been just as bad, and the defense would be worse.

If Butch is still anything it's a roster builder. His plans take anywhere from 4 to 6 years to become effective.

LOL at Monolo being better than a Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator. Just stop

Advertisement
No one is even interviewing Butch
- think about
- Petrino back, the pirate - even Coker got another shot

Oh wait - I know - he is turning down jobs - LOL

Holy crap, a super bow winning DC......please someone tell me where I can watch his current teams play at?

Thanks for the link!

Advertisement
What you guys fail to realize is that Butch was the master at finding the best 2 or 3 star players. That is what Butch brought to the table.

Butch could identify potential. But how often have we seen potential wasted. His real mastery was a master at assembling a staff that could develop the talent. In hind sight, it made the 2 and 3 stars look better.

What you guys fail to realize is that Butch was the master at finding the best 2 or 3 star players. That is what Butch brought to the table.

Butch could identify potential. But how often have we seen potential wasted. His real mastery was a master at assembling a staff that could develop the talent. In hind sight, it made the 2 and 3 stars look better.

Both. He's also a defensive line coach by trade. He had a great eye for defensive line talent. At UNC he made his first recruiting priority Marvin Austin.

Who exactly doesn't realize this? I am sure that you are a football savant but I am pretty sure that almost everybody on this board are well aware of Butch Davis' talent evaluations.

Advertisement
Back