It takes more than just fancy recruiting.

Yall keep saying the bolded but what has he done to show thats a possibility?.

He backdoored into a conference championship in a sh*tier conference out west with easily the most talented teams...getting beaten like a drum by Utah and teams like Oregon state in similar fashion to what weve seen the last 2 years.
An Emory-lead team beat Clemson and nearly beat FSU. ACC champs is nowhere near out of the realm of possibility for Mario. I also would not put any $$ on it either.

Advertisement
  • This team is dumb and undisciplined.
  • This team is not deep.
  • Finally got back into the game, took the lead - and then went back to the gameplan that had us down two scores.
  • Every time we take the lead and gain momentum we start playing not to lose, and we lose.
Mario's ceiling is likely ACC champs here. I hope I'm wrong but he's not leading us back to the promised land.
Firmly agree if Miami can’t recruit South Florida something’s wrong and so Mario is supposed to have great classes as any coach would be expected.

The problem is Mario is a good guy living in the past and is not the answer. We need fresh bright young coaches that lives for the future not the past.

I'm not at all convinced by the poor preparation and results, but recruiting is our only hope anyway. So, I just have to roll with that, and hope we close strong in the portals.

An Emory-lead team beat Clemson and nearly beat FSU. ACC champs is nowhere near out of the realm of possibility for Mario. I also would not put any $$ on it either.
Meh. Those are rivalry-type games so the team is usually locked in. What happened against GT, NCSt, Louisville, and UNC? We HAVE to beat at least half of those teams before people start saying our ceiling is the ACCCG.

Advertisement
This is a great example of why pulling receipts is foolishness….

So last week the peacocks were out posting receipts and pounding their chests saying everyone who made jokes about recruiting or Mario, sucks and needs to eat crow…and 99% were like, dude, Mario closed like an ace…

Well, life happens fast mother****ers and “Game Day MariSlow” proved once again that if he doesn’t adapt and change his coaching mindset, he’ll need a laundry list of talent to do what other coaches do with much less…

So how about we act like adults and keep the receipts at CVS, because mopes not only have a few, they have the world bank filled with them…

Mario crushed HS recruiting. He now needs to crush the portal for difference makers, and adapt his head coaching to the modern era…

Let’s ******* go in 2024 where UF, FSU and former Miami coaches await… lose any of those games with all **** talking obsession on this board, and fly the ******* planes!

And to be clear: OP busts my balls all the time, but I’m not calling him out. I’m cool with his outlook here and frustration. What we saw again today at game 25 is repeated examples of incompetence and absurdity and not seeing that is more troublesome than OP calling it out.

Last edited:
No, I think Mario’s system is stuck in 1995.

You’re trying too hard to not understand it.

Dude talking about QB. Lol. Neither Cam Ward or WILL howard could save this level of ineptitude.

I seriously dont understand what these people are watching. Coach took 2 timeouts home in his suitcase 🥹

Has Wario Cristobum been fired yet? Oh sorry, all the apologist on this site up in arms because he knows OL and can recruit…

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
I have no problem or issue with Mario as a person. I wish him success in every endeavor. I really hope he gets it.

That dude can't coach a LICK, though. The dude just can not coach. I don't give a **** about QB play, 3-3-5 defense, special teams, Jacolby George penalties, clock-situational management, Td reviews, Dawson playcalling, or whatever excuse each individual fan swears is the ultimate reason for every confusing and head scratching loss.

Outside of all of that(which is basically an amalgamation of his coaching ineptitude), the dude just can't coach. Couldnt coach his car out of stop sign. I dont care how much you love him and want him to succeed. 25 games is enough proof to see that this man will NEVER coach a championship game.

Its legit not in his mental capabilities. He will absolutely be outwitted.

You’re starting and back up qb out.
You start a guy that hasn’t plaid a snap all year.
Your two best OL out.
Starting WR out
You’re down 2 out of top 3 RB during the first drive.
On defense your already down Meseidor and Kelly. Now you loose your starting DT. Starting end in Harvey. Key back up in Chantz.
Your two most import positions of the defense. Kam and JW.

Now play a team that is returning one of the best RB in the big ten and it’s starting QB. Majority of the team played. And this was a home guy essentially for them.

Idk what else to ******* tell you. Did we look good, no. But did you expect much? If you thought we would run through Rutgers (who is much better than their record)(ask OSU and Michigan), that’s on you.

You’re starting and back up qb out.
You start a guy that hasn’t plaid a snap all year.
Your two best OL out.
Starting WR out
You’re down 2 out of top 3 RB during the first drive.
On defense your already down Meseidor and Kelly. Now you loose your starting DT. Starting end in Harvey. Key back up in Chantz.
Your two most import positions of the defense. Kam and JW.

Now play a team that is returning one of the best RB in the big ten and it’s starting QB. Majority of the team played. And this was a home guy essentially for them.

Idk what else to ******* tell you. Did we look good, no. But did you expect much? If you thought we would run through Rutgers (who is much better than their record)(ask OSU and Michigan), that’s on you.
We were up on that juggernaut, got predictably conservative and lost...but at least we had terrible clock management, no sense of urgency and saved timeouts at the end of both halves... and we got to see what tough and physical looks like first hand...

Advertisement
Can y’all imagine what recruiting would look like if QBs knew they would have a real chance to be successful here….we would be rolling…Mario is like a 4/10 rating as a game day coach and it’s really because of what he looks like on offense

Mario could have the 2001 Canes and lose games. Eventually, you have to put the talent in position to succeed. Mario is NOT that coach. He is NOT going to outcoach the man on the other sideline more than a few times a season. He's horrible. He doesn't play to the talent he has, so what does it matter who he brings in? You shouldn't need a roster full of 5 star players to win. Crap coaches need a far superior roster to compete.

Let's face it, with talent coming in and out with the portal, you HAVE to win with what you have NOW. There is no more building a roster for 2 years down the road. We are done until we get a game day coach. Period.
Dang Alabama and Georgia have won last few titles have had roster stacked with 5 stars.

im so frustrated….we are all wasting our time aren’t we? This **** is not going to change is it? This is who the Miami hurricanes are a 7-5 program and off season champs

Advertisement
Mario recruited a giant in Tommy Kinsler and played his 5’10 nephew in front of him

Mario recruited Josh Horton and Anthony Moten and played a 5’10 Thomas Gore in front of them

Just me personally but I don’t think it losing to Rutgers that has people ****ed. It was a ****ed up way to try and play a game

The disappointing part for me is to watch an opportunity, with literally nothing to lose, like total free reign to just go out there and say **** it let’s have fun. Those of you guys that chose to be here and stick with the team, let’s go out with nothing to lose and **** around and find out

But what we saw was just another example of our coaching staff putting players in a position to not lose, not to succeed, not to see what we have for the future. Not to attempt to find SOMETHING

Just the same old dusty game plan, just different players involved

The **** did we even show up for?

Advertisement
Back