It takes more than just fancy recruiting.

Advertisement
No, I think Mario’s system is stuck in 1995.

You’re trying too hard to not understand it.

Did you bother to look at how our numbers stacked up against everyone else in college football? You're stuck on the offense, but the defense has allowed 38 and 31 in our last two losses. Exactly how many points do we need to score to overcome terrible defense?

Nope. Pointless game. Means nothing.
Not so much slurpers more like realists. Mario ain't going anywhere, no matter how much we want him gone. Ain't gonna happen...its year two and the cubbard was full of soft undisciplined mentally challenged players who spent a lot of time being coached with tender loving care...maybe year three will be positive...fingers crossed.

Advertisement
This is the same offense we ran with TVD.

Bunch the box with TEs and WRs so close to the box they could blow the tackles.

Why was that the offense we forced on TVD all year?

You’re trying too hard to hold onto your dream of greatness under Mario.

But Tom Osborne isn’t at Nebraska anymore. Paterno isn’t at PSU. And this offense can’t even work against Rutgers and can’t score a single TD against NC State.

Jacurri would work great if we replaced Cristobal with Paul Johnson and went with GT's triple option offense. We'd tear through the ACC (and opponents' kneecaps).

Last edited:
Instead of raising 9 figures for the ACC buyout, give it to Canes Connection. If Mario has a $100-150 million a year payroll for 3-4 years, that would get us to 10-2 and a shot at an ACC title and a 7 seed in the playoffs in one of those years. Maybe he gets lucky and wins a conference title. Then you can take the program behind the barn and shoot it in the head. There’s no reason to keep going after reaching the highest heights this place will ever get to again.

This game meant nothing.

Of course it takes more than fancy recruiting. You know what it also takes? Time. Two years is not enough to let the fancy recruiting actually show its affects.

Nothing from this game mattered and honestly nothing else matters until we have our QB.

Jacurri would work great if we replaced Cristobal with Paul Johnson and went with GT's triple option offense. We'd tear through the ACC.

Or ran something closer to what Heupel runs.

Brown is no worse than Joe Milton.

And Tenn had a Top 30 offense this year with Milton without the luxury of an elite OL and single WR anybody could mention.

Advertisement
People need to relax. We were missing so many leaders and starters and had a backup QB in.

Are we blaming Cristobal for the punt being blocked? Seems like a grey area to me
I blame Cristobal for going ultra conservative at that point like usual and putting them in that position for sure. Almost had punt blocked on the first one too so it wasn't a shock they'd be coming again.

I’m a firm believer in giving a coach 3 years before you make a firm opinion on them. With that being said, NOTHING outside of recruiting has given me any reason to think Mario is going to get it right as a coach. Horrendous game day coach, questionable hire after questionable hire on the offensive side of the ball, failure to let up the reigns on play calling duties to allow his OCs to call their games. Stubborn to a fault in his philosophy. Just don’t know how he overcomes that.

People are so dumb it’s scary. And looking at this game, it almost seemed as if he was giving playing time to guys who once this next class of recruits and transfers come in….will never see the field again.
I think he did that to start the game for sure.

Advertisement
This game meant nothing.

Of course it takes more than fancy recruiting. You know what it also takes? Time. Two years is not enough to let the fancy recruiting actually show its affects.

Nothing from this game mattered and honestly nothing else matters until we have our QB.
I thought the same thing until I watched it. It went exactly how every game Mario coaches goes. Unprepared to start. Awful special teams. Undisciplined. Too many unforced penalties. Get a lead and then try to sit on it and have that backfire on you. Getting flat out, out coached.

No matter the game. No matter the players. It was just more of the same.

Advertisement
I thought the same thing until I watched it. It went exactly how every game Mario coaches goes. Unprepared to start. Awful special teams. Undisciplined. Too many unforced penalties. Get a lead and then try to sit on it and have that backfire on you. Getting flat out, out coached.

No matter the game. No matter the players. It was just more of the same
I mean maybe? Maybe things change when the roster starts stacking recruiting classes.

Good grief. Emory did not beat CLEMSON. GUIDRY BEAT CLEMSON

The team rallied behind Emory. Nobody rallied behind Brown, he looked lifeless back there.

Brown is trash, he had his chance, he needs to transfer. He was QB1 for this game and LOST TO ******* RUTGERS which is UNACCEPTABLE for any Miami QB ever. He's had 2 years to figure it out, he hasn't. He's finished here.

This game meant nothing.

Getting embarrassed by Rutgers will never mean 'nothing'.

Advertisement
Back