It takes more than just fancy recruiting.

This game meant nothing.

Of course it takes more than fancy recruiting. You know what it also takes? Time. Two years is not enough to let the fancy recruiting actually show its affects.

Nothing from this game mattered and honestly nothing else matters until we have our QB.
Agree with everything here but Mario claimed how important it was to win in the post season and all the coach speak. I'm just disappointed that Mario didn't have his team prepped and ready to win with the roster he knew he had for 1 month. He is a terrible coach, I'm sorry, no other way to put it. He can't coach

Advertisement
Getting embarrassed by Rutgers will never mean 'nothing'.
We've lost to MTSU and FIU in recent years. Rutgers has more bowl wins in the past 20 years than we do.

Some of y'all really don't realize how far down the program has been and how much it needs to change.

I'm not 100% confident Mario is the guy. How can anyone be? But this game meant nothing.

Advertisement
Taking a non-playoff or new years 6 bowl game serious in 2023 is wild. They likely had to pay an NiL to just to get brown to show up 😂

“Stacking classes” is a cope. Rutgers roster is trash. Mario can’t beat teams so with a better roster. Why dont Schiano and most other coaches need an out of this world better roster than their opponent to win?
Our roster today was not out of this world better than Rutgers.

Advertisement
We've lost to MTSU and FIU in recent years. Rutgers has more bowl wins in the past 20 years than we do.

Some of y'all really don't realize how far down the program has been and how much it needs to change.

I'm not 100% confident Mario is the guy. How can anyone be? But this game meant nothing.
He lost mostly Manny's guys. Ideally we don't see these depth problems in year three, but I'm not holding my breath.

Our roster today was not out of this world better than Rutgers.
I didn’t say it was, I said it was better snd that Mario shouldn’t need an out of this world better roster to win. But he does bc he’s a terrible coach.

You lose to inferior teams in bowl games bc you cant get the team ready, you have a bad game plan, and/or bad game decisions. All of that means you’re a bad coach. And this isn’t some one off for Mario, so don’t say it happens to everyone.

Advertisement
Yes, it is meaningless.
Have to disagree in the long term. We never win bowl games. At some point that narrative HAS to change if we’re ever going to be relevant.

And that starts with winning crap bowl games against lame 6-6 teams like Rutgers so they can at least start saying things like “the Canes have now won 3 of their last 5 bowl games for the first time since 1834.”

Advertisement
tbh Mario might be the greatest recruiter in college football history

We should be battling VT and UCF for recruits not OSU and Bama

Agree with everything here but Mario claimed how important it was to win in the post season and all the coach speak. I'm just disappointed that Mario didn't have his team prepped and ready to win with the roster he knew he had for 1 month. He is a terrible coach, I'm sorry, no other way to put it. He can't coach
I loved the talk — but he had to deliver. And…

• This team is dumb and undisciplined.
  • This team is not deep.
  • Finally got back into the game, took the lead - and then went back to the gameplan that had us down two scores.
  • Every time we take the lead and gain momentum we start playing not to lose, and we lose.
Mario's ceiling is likely ACC champs here. I hope I'm wrong but he's not leading us back to the promised land.
Yall keep saying the bolded but what has he done to show thats a possibility?.

He backdoored into a conference championship in a sh*tier conference out west with easily the most talented teams...getting beaten like a drum by Utah and teams like Oregon state in similar fashion to what weve seen the last 2 years.

Advertisement
Back