It looks like it’s over for CFB in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at the tort deform bozos. They all hate lawyers until someone runs them over or a doctor kills their kid. Great idea to give blanket liability waivers to all these giant companies who are constantly fcking you over already. Give them a free ticket to force infected workers to work and spread that **** even deeper.

These schools are scared of optics not litigation. They can tell players that they have the option to: play and sign a limited Covid waiver; or opt out and suffer absolutely no consequences. Simple.
Litigation has fūcking zero to do with this. First, death is almost off the table as a possibility.

What will always on the table are heat related deaths, rhabdomyolysis, broken necks, and god forbid some undiagnosed cardiac issue which every year kills quite a few young athletes.

Secondly, do people not realize the thousands of life changing injuries that occur from football every year? I bet we have dozens of posters here that have long term musculoskeletal and/or spinal problems due to having played football, some just in high school like me.

None of this has slowed football down due to liability issues. Yeah we’re stopping football for an absolutely one in 1 million possibility

Advertisement
one is their kids the other is kids they dont give a **** bout bc its someone else's kid.
Schools want to knock sports off for the fall because of safety concerns? I'm with it as long as you're making sure you keep the campus closed. Unless you're gonna push drinking, partying and *** to the spring what difference does it make? You're still inviting an outbreak. Is it better because it'll happen to a student that doesn't have the same profile as a football player? Optically sure. But don't take half measures and cancel sports but allow on-campus instruction and housing where those same athletes that they're fighting so hard to protect will be.

Schools want to knock sports off for the fall because of safety concerns? I'm with it as long as you're making sure you keep the campus closed. Unless you're gonna push drinking, partying and *** to the spring what difference does it make? You're still inviting an outbreak. Is it better because it'll happen to a student that doesn't have the same profile as football player? Optically sure. But don't take half measures and cancel sports but allow on-campus instruction and housing where those same athletes that they're fighting so hard to protect will be.
This

Advertisement
Schools want to knock sports off for the fall because of safety concerns? I'm with it as long as you're making sure you keep the campus closed. Unless you're gonna push drinking, partying and *** to the spring what difference does it make? You're still inviting an outbreak. Is it better because it'll happen to a student that doesn't have the same profile as a football player? Optically sure. But don't take half measures and cancel sports but allow on-campus instruction and housing where those same athletes that they're fighting so hard to protect will be.

i agree. it comes down to money. money from CFB is the only reason why students are on campus in the first place bc then universities would have to admit that CFB players are essential employees and should be paid as such.

regarding on campus instruction, only in place bc colleges want their full tuition and not have to admit their costs are incredibly inflated if they go fully virtual

i agree. it comes down to money. money from CFB is the only reason why students are on campus in the first place bc then universities would have to admit that CFB players are essential employees and should be paid as such.

regarding on campus instruction, only in place bc colleges want their full tuition and not have to admit their costs are incredibly inflated if they go fully virtual
I get why there is hypocrisy but it is amazing they aren't asked that simple question. No sports where you can test athletes at a minimum weekly but lets have kids with no obligation to get tested roaming freely and interacting. Just months after they canceled on campus learning to begin with and things aren't better.

Advertisement
I get why there is hypocrisy but it is amazing they aren't asked that simple question. No sports where you can test athletes at a minimum weekly but lets have kids with no obligation to get tested roaming freely and interacting. Just months after they canceled on campus learning to begin with and things aren't better.
in UMs case, they sent out tests for all students to be completed and returned before arriving on campus. obviously, this is all so imperfect bc many kids live off campus and arrive on and will continue to party, go out, etc. its all dumb. if it were me, i would've gone fully virtual but UM didnt want to charge less tuition for online only classes. they already refuse to refund student fees for kids losing out on their full semester and are in a lawsuit right now with a current student

More talking points!

Thousands of ambulance chasers out there making millions, the consumer pays for all of this, lol. I’ll give you guys credit, you are consistent with your propaganda. Weird how you never want government regulations unless it directly benefits you though. No mask but tort reform right?

It is nice that we have so many business owners concerned about making sure the consumers get the best deals. Do you give all your profits to homeless shelters and orphans as well?

check out all the states that have enacted major med mal reform “tort reform” and see if they have better medical care and less negligence. The hospitals sure are making more money though.

this covid liability nonsense is so overblown, but yeah institute tort reform and everything will be back to normal.
I don't but I pass it along to the hardworking folks who cook my food, make my drinks, serve me, clean my house, press my clothes, make my bed, park my car and so on. I do give every time I'm asked even if I donated a few hours ago buying a Publix sub for lunch and then I'm going grocery shopping with the family later in the evening because I'm shopping where its a pleasure and it cost more to shop there so its my obligation but I'm not giving money away for free it either has to be earned or giving to good cause.

Advertisement
America played sports thru the Spanish Influenza of 1918 that killed 25 million globally. We played during world war 2 - all 5 years. And we are canceling for this. Unreal

The NBA, NASCAR, and MLS didn't even exist then.

There were 4 NHL teams in the US until the 1960s,

The NFL started in 1920 and had 10 teams during WWII.

MLB had, what, 16 teams in those eras.

Yeah, "America played sports". Not much, though.

30 total US teams across 3 sports.

Advertisement
As I said, you can make the decision to shut down but what are your metrics for reopening? It’s not a given that the same liability issues don’t exist in July 2021. Cancel it two years in a row and you go from 120odd college football teams to maybe 30 or 40 in 2022. Cancel that season and even Alabama and Texas are done.
This has been my issue for shutting down things in the first place...we shut down due to fear...so what’s the metric for re-opening..hope???

What? Wait a minute! After all the lectures?
I know. None of us are perfect. But think of it this way. If I have never gone off on someone as polarizing 3you, then that must mean that I feel you have some redeeming qualities and are actually intellectually capable.

This dude...

I know. And your VA example was an outright fraud study. As were lots of these others. One will print something - your other references use the same material. Sure looks impressive to a dumbass - but it's pretty much the same crap from the same people.

You're quoting News Agencies? CNN? NY Times? They put out such massive levels of boulschitt on a daily basis - they even resort to fabrication!

MEANWHILE - doctors that are not PRACTICING MEDICINE - but HEALING PATIENTS - use it with almost 100% success. Safer than Ibuprofen.

And these studies? You pay me for a study (someone has to pay) - and tell me what you're really looking for - you'll get those results - AND it will be done very stringently, scientifically, and you'll get supporting data.

Know how pharmaceutical companies do it? They'll fund dozens of studies of their one product - and eventually one will give good results - they toss the other - and they're never mentioned. Of course they can afford it, too. Same guys that pay physicians to prescribe THEIR latest crap.

You could load up a syringe, inject me with a combination of CV-19, Polio virus, West Nile Virus, SARS, and MERS - and I'll not even cough. Much less get a fever. No symptoms whatsoever - and I mean load that syringe UP!

You keep following directions. Get in the lines they tell you to. Wear a mask that doen't do anything - absolutely nothing. Don't do what they direct you to not do. Don't go places they tell you not to visit.

You should fear what they tell you to fear.

And soon - they just had a live field test to verify how gullible and compliable the US public is.

Everyone fell for it. Put out a scare, tell everyone "this is what's best for everyone," "If not for yourself - do it for others." That one is really creative and apparently effective.

Falsified numbers, selected number emphasis - and there you go. Wherever they'll direct you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back