It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

Unfortunately, the TVD ship has sailed. Our QB recruiting has been sub-par for the last 20 years as well as their development. He makes one read. Missed multiple opportunities tonight in the flats that Virginia was giving us. No idea what we do, but TVD is not the answer.

OT drive was telling. All handoffs

Advertisement
Can’t believe people actually think he’s elite. If you just sit down and actually watch other games on Saturday, you will see QB’s making plays all across the country. I don’t think Emory is the answer in the long run but it’s worth giving it a shot. And TVD’s body language SUCKS.

Right.

TVD plays like a true freshman.

Can’t read the field.

OC calls plays to mitigate his play.

So at that point, just play the actual true freshman. He’s at least potentially part of the future.

Advertisement
There should be zero job security. It should be an open competition, and if he doesn’t like it, TVD can leave. He’s earned nothing.
Answer the question from the transfer QB’s position. What QB is going to transfer (he only gets one shot) to have a competition with a QB who is a two year starter and was some discussion about him being a potential high pick (yes, we both know that’s BS…..but that WAS the talk). My point is no competent transfer QB takes a risk of not winning the job and being put in a terrible spot.

I know you hate the team right now and Mario, but come on bud, no QB was going to transfer here.

It’s more than fair. I’ve defended him because I know all the issues he’s dealing with physically. Ligament damage in a finger that’s important with driving the ball. Another injury that involves his core and then a knee injury which affects mechanics. All that said none of those injuries have anything to do with decision making , which has been next level atrocious. He’s played too many games to be doing that ****.

I carved up GT as a bad game and they did some things in pre snap then post snap that confused him. I said in the game thread the scouting report was now out on him and he needs to adjust and he hasn’t. Teams are sitting back and waiting for him to get impatient rather than taking shorter , intermediate throws. When he starts getting the happy feet you know he’s thinking now and unsure of what he’s seeing.

I thought he played well against everyone else but I can’t defend UVA and GT. No matter what he’s dealing with.

It’s ok to take 5-6 yard completions until they finally change coverage. Him and Dawson for that matter need to do better with the coverage they’re facing. Also the OL needs to be better when it’s a light box. They continue to be strwait.

Advertisement
I was an apologist but something isn’t right and all criticism is warranted. However when he is right he is better than emory

But he’s earned all the flak he gets
He is probably playing hurt and it show in his performance I love him trying to gut this out but if TVD is not healthy, Emory needs to be the starting QB. We can win another 2-3 games with Emory at QB. He has poise And he is a fast processor of information. The 2 most important attributes for a quarterback. The win is not a reason to stay with TVD.
More than anything, we CAN’T HAVE TURNOVERS. TVD is turning the ball over a lot.

But not shocking for those of us who have been pointing out his deficiencies. Emory starting over TVD was made a straw man argument because the criticism of his decision making and leadership is
Y'all wanted Emory to start based on some underthrown jump balls and because TVD doesn't scream or yell enough.

Bench him for poor play like today, but not because of some stupid bull****.

Advertisement
The most infuriating thing about TVD is he actually has great pass protection and is still throwing picks. Its not like he has guys breathing down his back like most qb's that throw alot of picks. Smh...its just crazy

Have no idea what happened to him but today is making me question him more than ever before..he's looked bad but never as bad as he did today. Don't know what happened to him but he was stuck in the backfield pump faking and shuffling his feet to dodge tacklers that were nowhere near him. Seeing ghosts or something but he's lost a lot of confidence in my opinion.

Can’t believe people actually think he’s elite. If you just sit down and actually watch other games on Saturday, you will see QB’s making plays all across the country. I don’t think Emory is the answer in the long run but it’s worth giving it a shot. And TVD’s body language SUCKS.
Exactly
I’ve been arguing w fools for two years about this clown **** QB
All he does is stare down primary
He doesn’t bring anything to table in terms of dual threat
And his intangibles like leadership etc… are minimal
It’s over
We need Emory to play tvd to leave and get our asses in portal and recruit 2 QBs this cycle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back