It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

Advertisement
He has poise but he is not a fast processor. He processes but it’s at freshman speed. Which is to be expected with the lack of game reps

However if this is what we get from TVD then go with the kid. Maybe he won’t put the ball in harms way. I don’t k ow what the answer is to be honest.
I felt like by the 4th quarter of the Clemson game he was processing faster. I think he now understands the speed of college football, especially a defense like Clemson. Emory is a fast processor. He will be faster in 2 years than he is now, no doubt, But he is inordinate as a freshman in that regard.

Dude
Watch game guys are open all over the field
This is not on shannon
He’s been dealt a head case turnover machine that won’t take check down and just stares at his boyfriend running routes
It’s bull****
Mario and Shannon play calling getting to OT and in OT tell you they know he sucks

They just need to pull the band-aide off and give team to Emory
I’m talking formations , more motion other than BS occasionally coming on an orbit motion. Using te’s as Ol or the same routes. Go watch UVA’s creativity and getting the matchups they want with their notions. It was mostly 1 man reads. Tvd is playing awful but you can scheme up more qb friendly stuff. The offenses has slowly been transitioning back to Gattis formations.

The most infuriating thing about TVD is he actually has great pass protection and is still throwing picks. Its not like he has guys breathing down his back like most qb's that throw alot of picks. Smh...its just crazy

He has recievers wide open...

Advertisement
I’m talking formations , more motion other than BS occasionally coming on an orbit motion. Using te’s as Ol or the same routes. Go watch UVA’s creativity and getting the matchups they want with their notions. It was mostly 1 man reads. Tvd is playing awful but you can scheme up more qb friendly stuff. The offenses has slowly been transitioning back to Gattis formations.
I’ve noticed this too. Very concerning.

Advertisement
They're way too optimistic on TVD getting benched. He won't be. Regardless of how many people in here will slam the table for it.
That’s not a point for TVD, it’s a point against the coaching staff. How many interceptions does he have to give away before he gets benched? Serious question, there has to be a number, when do we get there? **** has to throw 8 more picks and lose 3 more games singlehandedly before we just move on?

He had one turnover the first four games. The last three a **** ton. Do you see why I make the correlation that something happen to him during the bye week!
I will tell you….Who did we play first four games?
Miami O - lower level team
A&M - he played well
Bethune - lower level
Temple - lower level

So the first four had one game with comparable players

You get into ACC play and there is parity and better coaching….he needs to elevate play and he is incapable

Advertisement
The most infuriating thing about TVD is he actually has great pass protection and is still throwing picks. Its not like he has guys breathing down his back like most qb's that throw alot of picks. Smh...its just crazy
To me the most infuriating thing is that he’s shown he can make the reads and throws but then chooses not to

Advertisement
Have no idea what happened to him but today is making me question him more than ever before..he's looked bad but never as bad as he did today. Don't know what happened to him but he was stuck in the backfield pump faking and shuffling his feet to dodge tacklers that were nowhere near him. Seeing ghosts or something but he's lost a lot of confidence in my opinion.
You forgot last year? He now has a consistent pattern...Once he throws that first interception, his confidence is gone. He will proceed to throw another interception and make terrible decisions. His safety blanket his X and is going to throw to him no matter what.

There should be a definite serious discussion about whether he really honestly gives us the best chance to win because of the turnovers and streaky play period.

For me, I definitely think there needs to be some set of reps devoted to getting Emory snaps and experience at this point. We got bowl eligible, we have almost zero chance to qualify for the ACCCG, and it’s not like Emory can’t win football games either.

Thought it was pretty telling the end of game and OT sequence when they weren’t willing to try to throw a screen and see if they could get something and all handoffs in OT. To be fair Fletcher was punishing tho.

Advertisement
Back