It could always be worse- look at A&M in yr 5

If we had found a way to win that A&M game, what would our record be right now? Would we have still laid a huge **** against MTSU? Would the season still have gone completely off the rails as it now has?
Would probably have the same results. Our talent level is crap and our coaches are crap too.

Advertisement
Would probably have the same results. Our talent level is crap and our coaches are crap too.
How much of that MTSU debacle was due to talent vs. a complete no show? We've seen soft UM teams do it before - play relatively well for a big name game (but not well enough to win), and then come out completely lifeless in the games that follow. This used to happen a lot during the close losses to FSU in the Jameis Winston era.

Advertisement
Hotbox Marvin Game GIF by 16BARS

Locker room footage from the game.

Neither position is a good position but I’d much rather be where we are than where they are. Year 5?! It’s no excuses at all for Jimbo. Can’t say it’s not his team, his culture. It’s all his and he’s the OC.

Advertisement
Jumbo Fisher is a cautionary tale of what happens when you bet the house on an recruiter extraordinaire that doesn't know the first thing about putting together a competent Offense...

Roster full of 5-stars on both sides of the ball & still underachieving.

I guess he just needs more time to get his own guysm...

Jumbo Fisher is a cautionary tale of what happens when you bet the house on an recruiter extraordinaire that doesn't know the first thing about putting together a competent Offense...

Roster full of 5-stars on both sides of the ball & still underachieving.

I guess he just needs more time to get his own guysm...

its actually way way way worse than hiring the CEO type because Jimbo is his own OC, a CEO can at least change OC/DC and switch scheme if needed

Advertisement
This is what happens when a team of rich mercenaries go to school and don’t start and then the team starts losing and the leader hasn’t got the backbone to wrangle the players back in.

People will draw comparison from Mario to jimbo and there are some but there are differences. Mario doesn’t have a scheme to be married to. Jimbo is married to his garbage scheme with a 10” thick playbook. Mario (it seems) can control his guys and keep them out of trouble.

If in year 5 we are 3-4 with a fractured locker room and discipline issues galore then pull the plug. But I think Mario differs from jimbo in an important way: he’s not a scumbag. I think even liberty can agree with me there

Advertisement
Denver Harris could be the NIL case study when coaches go to Congress again at some point and complain about how giving 18 year old kids, 7 figure type money isnt a good idea. That kid has been in and out of trouble all season. And he was a 5* cant miss prospect at CB. Got the bag and he cant seem to stay focused.

Denver Harris could be the NIL case study when coaches go to Congress again at some point and complain about how giving 18 year old kids, 7 figure type money isnt a good idea. That kid has been in and out of trouble all season. And he was a 5* cant miss prospect at CB. Got the bag and he cant seem to stay focused.
What does congress have to do with it. Court said you can’t stop the free market from doing what it does. Not sure why they’d change their mind.

Advertisement
Back