It’s over

****, they wouldn't let you in?
I was accepted, but my 3 yr old son got an infected lymph node from it and needed surgery. That took the rest of my savings and I just couldn't see starting a 3 year journey without a penny to my name. It would've been possible, but I'd already struggled through 2 years after getting laid off so I decided to go to work instead.

Advertisement
I was accepted, but my 3 yr old son got an infected lymph node from it and needed surgery. That took the rest of my savings and I just couldn't see starting a 3 year journey without a penny to my name. It would've been possible, but I'd already struggled through 2 years after getting laid off so I decided to go to work instead.
****!!! That was a kick in the nutz.

I was going to make a joke about Cat Scratch fever, but out of respect for what you went through, Ill just say sorry to hear what happened. You're a great dad and Cane!

Kudos, man.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200816-093018_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
The Big 10 canceled their season after an in-depth study on multiple fronts including and most importantly what happens when the kids come back to campus. Their projections do not permit them to go forward with their season. For example One Conference school
on campus housing went from 16,000 students down to 8000 students meaning half of the on campus student housing is now elsewhere and off-campus making testing more difficult. Contrary to popular belief on this board this is a nearly impossible situation to manage and I’ve been saying it for weeks. I would love to see college football happen but I think it’s nearly impossible. At the end of the day I think the student athletes get the wrong end of the deal as they have for decades and decades. I hope I am wrong and If so, I will will take my crow medium well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Big 10 canceled their season after an in-depth study on multiple fronts including and most importantly what happens when the kids come back to campus. Their projections do not permit them to go forward with their season. For example Ohio state on campus housing went from 16,000 students down to 8000 students meaning half of the on campus student housing is now elsewhere and off-campus making testing more difficult. Contrary to popular belief on this board this is a nearly impossible situation to manage and I’ve been saying it for weeks. I would love to see college football happen but I think it’s nearly impossible. At the end of the day I think the student athletes get the wrong end of the deal as they have for decades and decades. If I am wrong I will take my crow medium well If I am wrong I will take my crow medium well
You can continue to use the Big Ten's actions as an example of what others will do but It is pretty clear that other conferences have decided their level of acceptable risk is higher than the Big Ten's. So maybe the breaking point for others rises above the Big Ten's? Pretty clear that it does considering ACC teams are about to hold scrimmages while student are on campus and the Big Ten called it quits before shoulder pads got put on. The new innovation in testing that just broke only adds to the possibility of playing. Maybe it all ends in a couple of days but the Big 10 isn't being followed by anyone but the PAC 12.

You can continue to use the Big Ten's actions as an example of what others will do but It is pretty clear tkhat other conferences have decided their level of acceptable risk is higher than the Big Ten's. So maybe the breaking point for others rises above the Big Ten's? Pretty clear that it does considering ACC teams are about to hold scrimmages while student are on campus and the Big Ten called it quits before shoulder pads got put on. The new innovation in testing that just broke only adds to the possibility of playing. Maybe it all ends in a couple of days but the Big 10 isn't being followed by anyone but the PAC 12.
Yet! Again I hope I’m wrong and if so I’ll take my crow medium well. Your points are well taken and we’ll see where this takes us but at the end of the day I feel for the players. This situation could’ve certainly been addressed differently by the conferences as a group as I feel the remaining conferences are Just kicking the can down the road. Appreciate the reasonable discussion

Advertisement
The Big 10 canceled their season after an in-depth study on multiple fronts including and most importantly what happens when the kids come back to campus. Their projections do not permit them to go forward with their season. For example One Conference school
on campus housing went from 16,000 students down to 8000 students meaning half of the on campus student housing is now elsewhere and off-campus making testing more difficult. Contrary to popular belief on this board this is a nearly impossible situation to manage and I’ve been saying it for weeks. I would love to see college football happen but I think it’s nearly impossible. At the end of the day I think the student athletes get the wrong end of the deal as they have for decades and decades. I hope I am wrong and If so, I will will take my crow medium well.
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? So the Lil 10 expects a lot of kids to be infected when they come back to campus? Yet they're allowing them back on campus. The football players will be on campus too. Does that mean that the football players won't be infected because there's no football? It's such nonsense.

What the Lil 10 is doing is admitting they want to appear right in the media because they actually don't give a fck about the athletes catching COVID; they just don't want it being reported as "Ohio State football team has 20 players test positive for COVID!!!".

Advertisement
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? So the Lil 10 expects a lot of kids to be infected when they come back to campus? Yet they're allowing them back on campus. The football players will be on campus too. Does that mean that the football players won't be infected because there's no football? It's such nonsense.

What the Lil 10 is doing is admitting they want to appear right in the media because they actually don't give a fck about the athletes catching COVID; they just don't want it being reported as "Ohio State football team has 20 players test positive for COVID!!!".
Yep they turned down 800 million in revenue so the can “appear right in the media” Each school didn’t need a projected 58 million $ payday In 2020 and this was a knee jerk reaction! We will see who is right soon enough as this is still dress rehearsal. The season starts when someone plays a game, not practicing or scrimmages. I'll take my crow medium well. How about you?

Yep they turned down 800 m I lion in revenue because they want to look bad in the media. Sure!

No, the Presidents voted no to protect their jobs. Nothing to do with the 800M in revenue the school gets. Twitter mobs can ruin somebody any time they want. They are chomping at the bit to go after a high level person over Covid

Mark my words, by October 1 the pressure on the powers that be of the B10 will be unbearable and heads will roll.

Advertisement
Back