It’s over

From right-wing stalwart the Atlantic:

Bro, if you think having a debate for the umpteenth time about hospitization metrics in Florida that will surely spiral into people casting conspiracy theorist doubt on mortality rates and so on and so on rather than mocking a lunatic anti-masker from Gainesville (even if you may agree with her tweets here) then that might be part of the reason we are where we are.

Advertisement
Bro, if you think having a debate for the umpteenth time about hospitization metrics in Florida that will surely spiral into people casting conspiracy theorist doubt on mortality rates and so on and so on rather than mocking a lunatic anti-masker from Gainesville (even if you may agree with her tweets here) then that might be part of the reason we are where we are.
Sucks when you can't control people's thoughts huh. Lol

Advertisement
Lmao. Being defensive, huh?
No. Just engaging in discourse with someone that I may disagree with on this topic but offers civil coherent exchanges rather than just trolling and/or incessantly reacting to every post.

Keep mopping though, bro. At least it's not ******* mopping like your night job.

Some sources need to never be dignified. They're essentially blind squirrels that might* occasionally find a nut but do wayyyyyyyy more overall harm in total.
I get that, but not doing independent verification rather than dismissal puts you in a position where your 'trusted" sources can mislead knowing you'll believe it.

For instance, if you discounted this person's statement and bought into the concept of record hospitalizations, then you'd have egg on your face when the today's numbers came out. Here are the net new hospitalizations and deaths per day.

1597101066309.png

Advertisement
I get that, but not doing independent verification rather than dismissal puts you in a position where your 'trusted" sources can mislead knowing you'll believe it.

For instance, if you discounted this person's statement and bought into the concept of record hospitalizations, then you'd have egg on your face when the today's numbers came out. Here are the net new hospitalizations and deaths per day.

View attachment 126971
I agree but would just say that the onus is on you (me, everyone) to have a wide array of "trusted" sources but ones that would be worthy of the effort of verification (ie the link @DMoney posted).

I think if you allow an Alachua County anti-masker into that fold that you end up just doing more harm than good by a) just consuming the brunt of their misinformation and b) by elevating them to the point where they're ending up on multiple platforms and gaining followings that often include people that are doing no verification at all.

Last edited:
Blame cnn and msnbc for pushing a hysterical narrative about spiking cases while deaths and hospitalizations go down.
Why don’t you also blame the doctors and nurses that are wearing hazmat suites while sticking breathing tubes down people throats and who are on TV begging people to take this seriously! Also, Blame the 60 Florida hospitals that had 60 hospital’s ICU Centers at capacity! 🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Why don’t you also blame the doctors and nurses that are wearing hazmat suites while sticking breathing tubes down people throats and who are on TV begging people to take this seriously! Also, Blame the 60 Florida hospitals that had 60 hospital’s ICU Centers at capacity! 🤦🏽‍♂️
Are you Brian Stelter?

Advertisement
I agree but would just say that the onus is on you (me, everyone) to have a wide array of "trusted" but sources but ones that would be worthy of the effort of verification (ie the link @DMoney posted).

I think if you allow an Alachua County anti-masker into that fold that you end up just doing more harm than good by a) just consuming the brunt of their misinformation and b) by elevating them to the point where they're ending up on multiple platforms and gaining followings that often include people that are doing no verification at all.
Exactly. Things like that should prompt you to say, Hmm, I should look into that", rather than take it as gospel.

Advertisement
Back