It’s over, but I respect Diaz’ heart

“He identified most of the issues that plagued this program.”

I’m going to directly reply to you vs doing a QP. This quote; what does this mean, actually? So you’re basis for being compelled to make this post is b/c we went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 & went to a spread?

What if a plumber was given a wrench to fix a pipe, and used it as a hammer; should we give him credit for using the wrench?

Listen, feelings aside, let’s talk about Diaz’s tenure after 30 games:

-In 2 of 3 seasons, Miami has started 2-3 after 5 games. You know the last coach to do that? U have to go pre-Saban era back in the 70’s (I wasn’t alive then)

-Diaz is now 0-6 in his last 6 games against P5 teams. You know the last coach to do that? I haven’t seen one individual coach having that distinction. The last time Miami had a 6 game losing streak against P5 opponents, u have to go back to ‘76 - ‘77 (between Selmer & Saban).

-Diaz has the distinction of being the only P5 coach, in HISTORY, to lose to FIU

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in FBS HISTORY to two players on the same team in a single game

-Miami gave up the most total yards in our HISTORY under Diaz

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in our HISTORY under Diaz

-Miami was the 1st ACC team to give up two 200 yard rushers in the same game, and we’ve only been in the ACC since 2004 under Diaz

-We’ve given up the 3rd most points in a single game in our history under Diaz, & the first time giving up 60+ since 1998.

-Diaz is now 2-4 on the season after 6 games. The last coach to have at least 4 losses in the 1st 6 games? Davis in 1997 (and he was dealing w/ a near death penalty)

I mean, I can go on & on about how historically bad we’ve been under Diaz. Furthermore, last checked, Diaz college says FSU. So I’m not sure y u’re giving this assumption that he “loves this school.” Is it b/c he gave a hallmark story reminiscing of the time he attended the game at the OB to watch his hometown team play? Lol.

Look, dude is being paid millions. Don’t cry for him Argentina. This is the most $ he’s ever made, and hasn’t earned one cent of it.
best post.gif

Advertisement
Down vote this, clown on it. Diaz is done at Miami, but I still carry respect for him. He identified most of the issues that plagued this program. Took us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a pro to a spread. LRicht gave him a lot of credit with growing the program.

**** didn’t work out with Diaz and he’s responsible for that, but the guy tried and he loves this program. He’s not a golden. Guy was fully Invested, this was the top of the mountain for him.

I’m not going to kick a guy while he is down. A lot of
People will be bias, but this is the “best” I’ve felt about things in a long time.

I’ll die on this hill. Richt > Diaz > cooker > golden > Shannon.

I wanted Diaz to be the guy so bad
studio bighead GIF

No, I’m trying to have a logical discussion with you. How is Manny a better coach than what Golden gave us? Because of a screen shot of our goal line defense back then? If you are in the screen shotting mood, make a screen shot collage of our tackling attempts this season. That will keep you busy.

You claim Manny “identified” problems, and? I can identify that I want to fvck Beyonce. That doesn’t mean I will. Yeah he “identified” our issues, but here we are...2-4, worse than we have ever been under him in year 3...players and coaches have all regressed. So whipty do that he identified some ****, so what? He didn't fix anything and we see that every weekend.

Who has he developed under his tutelage? You think it’s a coincidence that our best players under him have been here for only one season and not here long enough for him to ruin them? Osborne? Phillips? Roche? Borregales? Rousseau (only played 1 year)?

The studs who have stuck around all have regressed, you think thats a coincidence? It’s not...

Why do you think Lashlee’s offense in year 2, with a stud QB in King and an experienced OL, got worse? You think thats a coincidence? Its not....

He is a ******* terrible coach. Lashlee and this offense was “good” last year in year 1 because due to the covid year and us not having a real off season, Manny couldn’t ruin them. His lack of leadership, lack of accountability, soft attitude spills over to all facets of this team and ruins EVERYTHING.

Golden sucked, but Golden developed plenty kids. Kids who played under him for several years. Everything Manny touches, he ruins. Stop this nonsense.
Game, Set, Match.

No he is not. recency bias. I’m 26 and I remember how ****** golden, Shannon, and cooker were. I get everyone is upset, but objectively Diaz cared and adjusted the most out of anyone we have had since JJ

Diaz failed, but don’t act like golden or Shannon were better.
Caring doesn't equate to competence.

FFS, if that is the case, make Yamma Yamma or Glitter Girl HC.

And one of them is dead.

Advertisement
Failing ain’t fun, particularly when it’s public for all to see. It’s got to be incredibly humbling and humiliating. He cares. He’s invested. Unfortunately, like Searcy tweeted, when rent is due and you can’t pay, you got to go.

Advertisement
Manny clearly loves the program and whether we wanted him hired in the first place we all wanted to see him succeed. His success would have meant we all won.

He failed so it’s time to move on. Arguing if he is worse that Shannon (the only contender for worst coaching hire) is wholly irrelevant at this point.

Advertisement
Mack asked Manny if they will fire him on the handshake. Someone in the comments noticed it and I saw it too afterwards.

Mack following up with "Thats not fair" after a response by Manny which I cant see makes me presume that he gave a positive response to the question.

Mack laughed in his face !! That’s a “Son” move.. no one respects Manny.

Advertisement
“He identified most of the issues that plagued this program.”

I’m going to directly reply to you vs doing a QP. This quote; what does this mean, actually? So you’re basis for being compelled to make this post is b/c we went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 & went to a spread?

What if a plumber was given a wrench to fix a pipe, and used it as a hammer; should we give him credit for using the wrench?

Listen, feelings aside, let’s talk about Diaz’s tenure after 30 games:

-In 2 of 3 seasons, Miami has started 2-3 after 5 games. You know the last coach to do that? U have to go pre-Saban era back in the 70’s (I wasn’t alive then)

-Diaz is now 0-6 in his last 6 games against P5 teams. You know the last coach to do that? I haven’t seen one individual coach having that distinction. The last time Miami had a 6 game losing streak against P5 opponents, u have to go back to ‘76 - ‘77 (between Selmer & Saban).

-Diaz has the distinction of being the only P5 coach, in HISTORY, to lose to FIU

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in FBS HISTORY to two players on the same team in a single game

-Miami gave up the most total yards in our HISTORY under Diaz

-Miami gave up the most rushing yards in our HISTORY under Diaz

-Miami was the 1st ACC team to give up two 200 yard rushers in the same game, and we’ve only been in the ACC since 2004 under Diaz

-We’ve given up the 3rd most points in a single game in our history under Diaz, & the first time giving up 60+ since 1998.

-Diaz is now 2-4 on the season after 6 games. The last coach to have at least 4 losses in the 1st 6 games? Davis in 1997 (and he was dealing w/ a near death penalty)

I mean, I can go on & on about how historically bad we’ve been under Diaz. Furthermore, last checked, Diaz college says FSU. So I’m not sure y u’re giving this assumption that he “loves this school.” Is it b/c he gave a hallmark story reminiscing of the time he attended the game at the OB to watch his hometown team play? Lol.

Look, dude is being paid millions. Don’t cry for him Argentina. This is the most $ he’s ever made, and hasn’t earned one cent of it.
Rellyrell just killed this dude lol

Advertisement
Back