It’s over, but I respect Diaz’ heart

Advertisement
Down vote this, clown on it. Diaz is done at Miami, but I still carry respect for him. He identified most of the issues that plagued this program. Took us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a pro to a spread. LRicht gave him a lot of credit with growing the program.

**** didn’t work out with Diaz and he’s responsible for that, but the guy tried and he loves this program. He’s not a golden. Guy was fully Invested, this was the top of the mountain for him.

I’m not going to kick a guy while he is down. A lot of
People will be bias, but this is the “best” I’ve felt about things in a long time.

I’ll die on this hill. Richt > Diaz > cooker > golden > Shannon.

I wanted Diaz to be the guy so bad
Stopped reading at "Down vote this"

Lol!! You’re 26 and you remember how bad cooker, onion and Alf were?

Coker has a national championship ring, like it or not. Manny would’ve ****ed that team up.

Golden identified talent far better than Manny. He developed it too. His fault was Sticking by D’no.

Shannon sucked and Manny is even worse. Shannon pulled in the number 1 class in the country and had a better defensive foundation. He also was a disciplinarian. Manny’s their friend.

I’m 55 and I sat in the Orange Bowl heat as a kid through Saban and Howard and have followed it a long time. He’s the least capable of any of them.

Stop feeling emotional because Manny looks sad and it makes you teary
. You’re taking it out on us but he never should have been hired to this job. He refused to change his scheme. He never recruited any linebackers nor did he go in the portal for them. He chose to be his own DC. He hired Enos, Baker, Lashlee….

This is a tough world. He earned millions. Time to cut the cord and hire a seasoned HC who runs a program like an adult.
This had me rolling 😂😂😂

Diaz identified and fixed some things, while doing the complete opposite in other areas. This team is poorly coached. That’s why they always come out slow to start every single game.

He’s a players coach that failed to recruit proper talent on his side of the ball. And the proof is in the pudding. We are awful. He was offered Highsmith and turned it down. He brought in Reed with no purpose beyond “mentor”. He promoted Blake Baker, a junior assistant, to DC in his first year as a HC. Career suicide. He hired Dan Enos who was not the person calling the plays at Bama. With insufficient experience to transform a Miami offense.

And during all this time he has been getting paid millions of dollars. He got his dream job while getting paid MILLIONS. He begged for the job. His dad lobbied the BOT on his behalf. I don’t feel bad for Manny. I feel bad for people going thru real **** in life.

But the real ******* here is Blake James. He should have done better. And he didn’t. He’s pretending to be Greta Garbo when in reality he is nothing but a cheap side piece you picked up outside an Econo Lodge on a cold winter night.

Last edited:
Randy Shannon runs a better defense than Mario Diaz imo...

I wanted Manny to do well....but he is 1 of the worst man when i look at it overall....I mean sh*t we lost to FIU, LA TECH, were owned by UNC, and schools like UVA....and to be honest APP STATE should of won. We really should be 1-4 with a win over a d2 school.

And thats with comparable or better talent than all the teams we played since BAMA.
Jesus - Mario Diaz!!! 😂 Don’t hurt me like that, dawg, lol

Advertisement
Down vote this, clown on it. Diaz is done at Miami, but I still carry respect for him. He identified most of the issues that plagued this program. Took us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a pro to a spread. LRicht gave him a lot of credit with growing the program.

**** didn’t work out with Diaz and he’s responsible for that, but the guy tried and he loves this program. He’s not a golden. Guy was fully Invested, this was the top of the mountain for him.

People will be bias, but this is the “best” I’ve felt about things in a long time.

Ok, cool. Hook em!

That was way more of a response than OP deserves so let me summarize what you meant to say:
**** Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

Nah, this dumb **** has me hot lol. Like wtf has dude been watching?

Advertisement
Go look at the boards before we hired lashlee, everyone was screaming for spread, for almost 15 years, and Diaz finally did it.

Again, he’s done and it’s absolutely to move on, but people are being so emotional about him right now.

We had mother f’ers asking for golden on this board a couple
Weeks ago. 10 years from now Diaz story will be different. Everyone just so emotional right now

So all it takes is identifying we needed to run the 4-3 and the spread and that makes you a better coach than guys who won rings and developed scores of NFL players?

If so, 85% of Canes fans are equally qualified.

Go look at the boards before we hired lashlee, everyone was screaming for spread, for almost 15 years, and Diaz finally did it.

Again, he’s done and it’s absolutely to move on, but people are being so emotional about him right now.

We had mother f’ers asking for golden on this board a couple
Weeks ago. 10 years from now Diaz story will be different. Everyone just so emotional right now
You are the only one that's emotional and is not ready to move on from Diaz

Advertisement
No, I’m trying to have a logical discussion with you. How is Manny a better coach than what Golden gave us? Because of a screen shot of our goal line defense back then? If you are in the screen shotting mood, make a screen shot collage of our tackling attempts this season. That will keep you busy.

You claim Manny “identified” problems, and? I can identify that I want to fvck Beyonce. That doesn’t mean I will. Yeah he “identified” our issues, but here we are...2-4, worse than we have ever been under him in year 3...players and coaches have all regressed. So whipty do that he identified some ****, so what? He didn't fix anything and we see that every weekend.

Who has he developed under his tutelage? You think it’s a coincidence that our best players under him have been here for only one season and not here long enough for him to ruin them? Osborne? Phillips? Roche? Borregales? Rousseau (only played 1 year)?

The studs who have stuck around all have regressed, you think thats a coincidence? It’s not...

Why do you think Lashlee’s offense in year 2, with a stud QB in King and an experienced OL, got worse? You think thats a coincidence? Its not....

He is a ******* terrible coach. Lashlee and this offense was “good” last year in year 1 because due to the covid year and us not having a real off season, Manny couldn’t ruin them. His lack of leadership, lack of accountability, soft attitude spills over to all facets of this team and ruins EVERYTHING.

Golden sucked, but Golden developed plenty kids. Kids who played under him for several years. Everything Manny touches, he ruins. Stop this nonsense.
He doesn’t want to see the screenshots from last years UNC game…oooweeee, no different than Goldens tbh.

Also, because people discuss Shannon vs Manny:

Shannon was the only dude realizing what a prick Nevin Shapiro was. Everyone else fell for the money. Players, assistants, equipment guys lol. Shannon came in here and had to rescue a situation that couldnt have been rescued in the first place.

But thats just my two cents.

Advertisement

Hated the diaz hire from the start and I think the guy really wanted to see the team win just as much as anyone, but problem is that he's just a fan and isn't the guy to make it happen. Can't speak on the guy personally, but it's beyond time to move on.

No, I’m trying to have a logical discussion with you. How is Manny a better coach than what Golden gave us? Because of a screen shot of our goal line defense back then? If you are in the screen shotting mood, make a screen shot collage of our tackling attempts this season. That will keep you busy.

You claim Manny “identified” problems, and? I can identify that I want to fvck Beyonce. That doesn’t mean I will. Yeah he “identified” our issues, but here we are...2-4, worse than we have ever been under him in year 3...players and coaches have all regressed. So whipty do that he identified some ****, so what? He didn't fix anything and we see that every weekend.

Who has he developed under his tutelage? You think it’s a coincidence that our best players under him have been here for only one season and not here long enough for him to ruin them? Osborne? Phillips? Roche? Borregales? Rousseau (only played 1 year)?

The studs who have stuck around all have regressed, you think thats a coincidence? It’s not...

Why do you think Lashlee’s offense in year 2, with a stud QB in King and an experienced OL, got worse? You think thats a coincidence? Its not....

He is a ******* terrible coach. Lashlee and this offense was “good” last year in year 1 because due to the covid year and us not having a real off season, Manny couldn’t ruin them. His lack of leadership, lack of accountability, soft attitude spills over to all facets of this team and ruins EVERYTHING.

Golden sucked, but Golden developed plenty kids. Kids who played under him for several years. Everything Manny touches, he ruins. Stop this nonsense.
I mean this with complete sincerity and respect. For me, you’re in the top 5 to 10 posters for me. Much respect.

All I’m trying to express is that we get caught in this endless cycle. Manny identified a pro system was outdated, a 3-4 was outdated, beefed up our nutrition and etc.

Obviously a fair argument can be made about on field performance for the past 20 years.

What I’m trying to express is that manny did the best at identifying our issues as a program and trying his best to context them.

Clearly didn’t work, but the guy has an eye for finding holes. Maybe he’s better suited as an AD than a HC. There’s not argument that Diaz didn’t bring us into the 21 st century

Also, because people discuss Shannon vs Manny:

Shannon was the only dude realizing what a prick Nevin Shapiro was. Everyone else fell for the money. Players, assistants, equipment guys lol. Shannon came in here and had to rescue a situation that couldnt have been rescued in the first place.

But thats just my two cents.
What does that mean, “he had to rescue a situation”?

I mean this with complete sincerity and respect. For me, you’re in the top 5 to 10 posters for me. Much respect.

All I’m trying to express is that we get caught in this endless cycle. Manny identified a pro system was outdated, a 3-4 was outdated, beefed up our nutrition and etc.

Obviously a fair argument can be made about on field performance for the past 20 years.

What I’m trying to express is that manny did the best at identifying our issues as a program and trying his best to context them.

Clearly didn’t work, but the guy has an eye for finding holes. Maybe he’s better suited as an AD than a HC. There’s not argument that Diaz didn’t bring us into the 21 st century

Huh? You act like nobody knew D'Oritos defense was bad? As if that was a real tough one to figure out?

Mark Richt got the training table, not Diaz.

Everyone and their brother had been asking for a spread offense since, oh, 2010?

Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Coker all did their best too. Yet I never read any love letters to them when it was finally their time to be canned. You fell for Manny's bull**** act, and his staged photo looking like a sad puppy dog pulled at your heartstrings. Spare us. You were in diapers the last time this program was any good. You don't know ish.

Advertisement
Back