It’s been real

Everyone here…. thanks for the 8 years of wasting my time and shooting the **** talking Miami football. The downs were tough and the up’s… mainly in 2017 were great. 4 HC’s, many coordinators, searches, recruiting battles, breaking news, fake news… etc.

Met some of yall in person and chatted up in the DMs. Glad I could break Enos being gone for y’all. What a joyful time. Funny how it all comes full circle and here we are again with Tan Enos.

That being said.. I’ve been going through some depression and struggling with alcoholism to cope. Miami football isn’t doing me any favors and It’s making **** worse and potentially derailing my career.. and I’ve decided that being a fan isn’t the best thing for my wife and I as I only seem to drink on Saturdays anymore.

Thanks @DMoney @Cribby @LeedsCane @gogeta4 and everyone else that I’ve failed to tag. This place has been great but all good things come to an end. Sadly for Miami fans it always ends way too soon. This was the final straw. Maybe I’ll be back one day and we can prosper.

@IndayArtHauz @RVACane delete my account and block the IP.

I’m out
Sad to see you go, but wishing you all the best. Great contributor.

Advertisement
I’ll be watching two more games this year…. VT and UVA… only because I have tix to the game with others. But I think I’ll take a break for a little bit myself. It‘s one thing to lose, but we’re losing slow and painful, like the offense.

Last edited:
Used to get ****ed, scream and punch walls back in the day but after all these years I think we all just shake our heads and laugh at the ineptitude of this once great program.
This was me. Now I’m married with a couple of kids, and spend more time worrying about the team that I’m actually coaching. Even though being a cane fan takes up a good measure of time.

Everyone here…. thanks for the 8 years of wasting my time and shooting the **** talking Miami football. The downs were tough and the up’s… mainly in 2017 were great. 4 HC’s, many coordinators, searches, recruiting battles, breaking news, fake news… etc.

Met some of yall in person and chatted up in the DMs. Glad I could break Enos being gone for y’all. What a joyful time. Funny how it all comes full circle and here we are again with Tan Enos.

That being said.. I’ve been going through some depression and struggling with alcoholism to cope. Miami football isn’t doing me any favors and It’s making **** worse and potentially derailing my career.. and I’ve decided that being a fan isn’t the best thing for my wife and I as I only seem to drink on Saturdays anymore.

Thanks @DMoney @Cribby @LeedsCane @gogeta4 and everyone else that I’ve failed to tag. This place has been great but all good things come to an end. Sadly for Miami fans it always ends way too soon. This was the final straw. Maybe I’ll be back one day and we can prosper.

I’m out
Fight the good fight.
Good tidings to you and family..

Advertisement
Yeah I hear ya. About 2009 I had to reassess my expectations and started to enjoy the losses and guys losing their shiit on the message boards.

And I'm still at that point. How much longer will I be able to go? Who knows
We're kindred spirits..

I’m out
100 percent man, I did the same after Al Golden lost at Duke. The players don't care so why should us fans care. The players literally dont care. Miami could go through thousands of coaches, the players don't care. its painful im going to the VT game but that literally has nothing to do with football. forget about Miami football and take care of you and your family

I’m out
Best of luck…totally understand

Advertisement
Me quit?, unfortunately I'm a 'Lifer'.
In the last 15 years Miami taught me to take a punch.
Today was a dirty kick to the Groin..

I’m out
Takes balls man God bless.

Advertisement
62207.gif

I couldn’t sleep well after the loss to FSU last year and I told my wife I was kind of done with this site and this team(obviously has not happened) This is probably my biggest struggle of addiction lol and tonight feels kind of like that night as well. I try not to care but it bothers the **** out of me.

Advertisement

I’m out

Having children really helps cope with tough days like today. My 3yr old wears his UM jersey every day. It's his favorite shirt. If he doesn't wear it during the day, he wears it to sleep. It brings me some small measure of comfort to know that at any time I could hide his shirt and give him a jersey from a better football program, and I could easily end the cycle of generational suffering for UM fans.

I’m out

Hope you find happiness and get well.

Felt this. I too have struggled with depression/sewersideall thoughts for the better course of a decade and a half combined with alcoholism and ironically having my work life be surrounded by alcohol and miserable people that make me wanna expedite the process even quicker. Havent touched a drop since 2019, but I just numb myself with pot at this point lol so its really just trading one vice for another that I tell myself is better

Today kinda hit me that I really just don't care as much as I used to..like, I looked up at the tv..saw TVD throw a pick in .00002 seconds, and just shrugged and looked back at my phone..fvck, I barely even watch other games anymore to then get this product, my love for football just dwindles cuz of that haha, which in itself is depressing. Trying to beat it in my head "rebuild, rebuild" but, tf does that do for immediate gratification and the overall inexcusable display shown yesterday.

We're strangers that'll more than likely never meet, but if you ever need to vent or talk anything out on any given day and aren't IP wiped off this board im always a message away.

I appreciate the insights you've given over the years and hope you win your battles.

Advertisement
Back