Issiah Walker

Please cite the NCAA rule on Initial Counters that allows us to use 2021 slots for 2020 enrollees.

I'll wait.

That rule doesn't exist.

You can only have 25 ICs for any players enrolling for Fall 2020 (subject to the EXISTING exceptions, such as mid-year graduation replacement, which we would already know about and is based on players who graduated in December 2019 and left the team).
I'll take the L. Obviously, I don't know **** about all that. I'm just throwing **** out there and hopefully someone with knowledge corrects me if I'm wrong.

Advertisement
I'll take the L. Obviously, I don't know **** about all that. I'm just throwing **** out there and hopefully someone with knowledge corrects me if I'm wrong.

It's OK, I just want to prevent people from getting these grand delusions! I happened to see a bunch of different posts where people were hypothesizing that we could get another 3 OLs enrolled this fall.

Can't do it. Wish we could, but we can't.

It's OK, I just want to prevent people from getting these grand delusions! I happened to see a bunch of different posts where people were hypothesizing that we could get another 3 OLs enrolled this fall.

Can't do it. Wish we could, but we can't.
I was one of them. So basically we have 1 spot left to use and it's between Moise, Walker, Williams, or someone else?

based off of his twitter activity.

Back in febuary there was a random post about ending it. Dad came on and said he was talkingabout football( red flag).

Then the recent post he made about being lonely.

Sounds like a case of going up to gainesville mid january and getting a quick taste of home sickness combined with girlfriend issues.

Kid just needs to be back home and around his family..wherever he goes he should take a shirt until his stuff is on straight.

I personally would take him..as even sense coming home he appears to be in shape and has been working out.

Alot of that recruiting stuff is cool and hype until you get to the school and realize your a number and at the bottom of the totem pole...some dont know how to handle it. Even at a place you may have thought u would like living.
Yeah they go from having there *** kissed and loved by the staff to backups who might not even play for over a year.

Advertisement
One scholarship left, correct?

So it comes down does Diaz take the Houston OL who's eligible immediately to help this year while we have King, or does he take the transfer from Walker who'll have to sit(?), but we'll have for 3-4 years.
I think we've got to be in "Now" mode. Winning records and showing growth is essential. There will be an Isaiah Walker in every class.

Advertisement
There might not even be a football season this year, has to come into consideration..
Its a gamble I admit, but all of our chips should be bet on this season. Best QB in 10+years, weakest schedule in years, top 3 DE combo in the nation. Possibly top 10 DL. 11 wins gives us enough firepower to get next years Isaiah Walker and maybe better.

It was my understanding we were looking to get a waiver of 1 Initial Counter for the Asa Martin issue who committed and enrolled last year (fall 2019) and then left midway though the same fall semester.

I vaguely recall that going around, but I don't remember whether there was a resolution to that.
My guess is the NCAA will tell us to pound sand, because we are UM.

I was one of them. So basically we have 1 spot left to use and it's between Moise, Walker, Williams, or someone else?

Yes. That is my understanding of where we stand on numbers (and, in theory, maybe Manny has an "August surprise" up his sleeve that he knows about). From all of the posturing on Moise and the portal, our coaches have been sending out the "only one IC slot left" vibes.

Unless the NCAA makes any rule changes in the next 3 months to accommodate Coronavirus issues (homesick kids who want to transfer back home, extending eligibility for any players who might "lose the year").

Advertisement
Yes. That is my understanding of where we stand on numbers (and, in theory, maybe Manny has an "August surprise" up his sleeve that he knows about). From all of the posturing on Moise and the portal, our coaches have been sending out the "only one IC slot left" vibes.

Unless the NCAA makes any rule changes in the next 3 months to accommodate Coronavirus issues (homesick kids who want to transfer back home, extending eligibility for any players who might "lose the year").
I'd rather get a guy now instead of the famous "surprise" and then nothing happens.

Couldn't they attend Miami on financial aid in the Fall, and be added to the 2021 class on football scholarship for the January term? That was the scenario I thought was being thrown around. In Walker's case, especially, that may be the best thing for the young man assuming his depression is clinical and not just homesickness.

Honestly I’m ok with him getting the RT spot later in the year. Only if it’s leaving something to be desired though. For the most part though let him in the rotation.

PS: It’ll allow us to start being a bit picky If we take 6. Be real, you ain’t saying no to Tristian Leigh.
I haven't watched Leigh yet I know he's highly ranked but no you don't turn him down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back