Issiah Walker

Greyshirting may bee seen as more acceptable now by recruits with all of the uncertainty caused bye the Chi Com Wuhan virus.

But he's an OL.

You, literally, lose nearly one calendar year of weight-training and nutrition. Not to mention a semester's worth of academic progress (because he already enrolled at UF for the spring, unlike a traditional grayshirt, who delays starting college for a semester).

It's a risk.

Advertisement
But he's an OL.

You, literally, lose nearly one calendar year of weight-training and nutrition. Not to mention a semester's worth of academic progress (because he already enrolled at UF for the spring, unlike a traditional grayshirt, who delays starting college for a semester).

It's a risk.
Life is a risk my friend. Something we are made aware of everyday when we go outside and sea people wearing masks and its knot even Halloween.

Advertisement
Tuition these days is $23k per semester...

Yeah. That's JUST tuition.

No room. No board. No meals. No books. No fees. No spending money.

Just tuition.

Total cost of attendance (on-campus) for one year is currently $74K.

But it is funny to see some of our fans casually encourage less-wealthy kids to go to UM for a year on their own dime.

Advertisement
If the choice is between Walker and Williams, then Manny has to choose Williams. Manny needs to win this year based off of how things ended last year. Wont matter to him if Walker is a stud in 2 years if Manny never sees it.

I know walker isn’t as good... but I liken this situation a lot to Seantrel’s... No one remembers the fact that he chose USC, they just know we found a way to get him on the field here. If the kid can play, sign him up!

I know walker isn’t as good... but I liken this situation a lot to Seantrel’s... No one remembers the fact that he chose USC, they just know we found a way to get him on the field here. If the kid can play, sign him up!
That 2010 was a bunch of grown men. Franklin, Henderson, Jermaine Johnson, Horn, Gunn, Figueroa, Linder, Washington.

Advertisement
Redshirting is for kids on scholarship. Grayshirting is when kids delayed enrollment.

If Walker is the choice, then nobody else will be signed, not Moise, not the Houston grad-transfer.

redshirting can be done by anyone. I also know what grayshirting was. **** i was redshirted my freshman year.

But he's an OL.

It's a risk.

He can literally take online courses...like he likely was already doing from Miami Dade. He wont lose a calendar year...just a semester if he were to grayshirt hypothetically

He can literally take online courses...like he likely was already doing from Miami Dade. He wont lose a calendar year...just a semester if he were to grayshirt hypothetically

What are you talking about? He's enrolled at UF. He's not "likely" taking classes at Miami-Dade. He's taking classes at UF (even if he is doing it remotely right now due to Covid-19). I never said he would lose a calendar year of classes, just one semester (and maybe the summer).

And as for your comment on redshirting vs. grayshirting, you were using the terms interchangeably. They are not the same thing. Again, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "redshirting can be done by anyone". No, redshirting only applies to those who are enrolled. You don't have to redshirt someone who is out of school for a semester (or a year).

Like what happened with Dan Sileo (who enrolled for 9 credits at Maryland a year before he played for Maryland), the eligibility clock starts to tick at the first college enrollment. So a redshirt will have no impact if he does not enroll for Fall 2020, as he will have lost a year of eligibility anyhow.

Advertisement
From Newberg on FSU site:

Florida freshman offensive tackle Issiah Walker Jr. entered his name into the Transfer Portal on Monday evening. The move came as a surprise to the Gators and to the college football world in general.

Yesterday, we reported on Noles247 that FSU made contact with Walker and his family shortly after he entered his name into the transfer portal. In addition, the two sides were planning to have a Zoom call on Tuesday afternoon.

Today I have a follow-up on that report. I can confirm that Walker and his parents were on a group Zoom call with FSU head coach Mike Norvell and a couple assistants. I’m told Norvell, along with FSU offensive line coach Alex Atkins, receivers coach Ron Dugans and director of player personnel Chuck Cantor have all been involved with Walker since he hit the portal.

I’m told the conversation over Zoom went well and Mike Norvell plans to speak with Walker and family again this evening. Both sides are still feeling each other out, Norvell did not have any contact with Walker during his time at Memphis.

All of this sounds good for FSU’s chances, but I’m not prepared to say the ‘Noles are the leader or favorite. I just didn't sense that confidence from any of the sources I spoke with today.

So who leads? I don’t know. I spent the morning and afternoon trying to confirm another team that has been in contact with Walker, but I haven’t come up with anything solid. Miami seems like a logical landing spot, but all indications are they’re not all-in on Walker yet.

FSU and Walker are set to speak again tonight. I’ll continue to monitor the situation and update any new developments on Noles247.

From Newberg on FSU site:

Florida freshman offensive tackle Issiah Walker Jr. entered his name into the Transfer Portal on Monday evening. The move came as a surprise to the Gators and to the college football world in general.

Yesterday, we reported on Noles247 that FSU made contact with Walker and his family shortly after he entered his name into the transfer portal. In addition, the two sides were planning to have a Zoom call on Tuesday afternoon.

Today I have a follow-up on that report. I can confirm that Walker and his parents were on a group Zoom call with FSU head coach Mike Norvell and a couple assistants. I’m told Norvell, along with FSU offensive line coach Alex Atkins, receivers coach Ron Dugans and director of player personnel Chuck Cantor have all been involved with Walker since he hit the portal.

I’m told the conversation over Zoom went well and Mike Norvell plans to speak with Walker and family again this evening. Both sides are still feeling each other out, Norvell did not have any contact with Walker during his time at Memphis.

All of this sounds good for FSU’s chances, but I’m not prepared to say the ‘Noles are the leader or favorite. I just didn't sense that confidence from any of the sources I spoke with today.

So who leads? I don’t know. I spent the morning and afternoon trying to confirm another team that has been in contact with Walker, but I haven’t come up with anything solid. Miami seems like a logical landing spot, but all indications are they’re not all-in on Walker yet.

FSU and Walker are set to speak again tonight. I’ll continue to monitor the situation and update any new developments on Noles247.
I don’t believe anything those FSU insiders say. They all are morons and blow smoke.

I’m now favouring towards Williams. He will help us win now and this season is essential for us

Advertisement
Back