Issiah Walker Jr. cracking the two deep?

Advertisement
Kid needs to eat and lift. There's got to be a Golden Corral somewhere near Coral Gables. Bucket of chicken, Arroz Amarillo y pollo, mama's cooking and McDonalds. All options I'm told would add girth. No excuse being 280lbs after 2 years od college training.

FYI they closed the Golden Corral in Temple Terrace (Tampa). After a night of battling Spirits, that fresh hot fried chicken, soup and salad was a great way to bounce back. Lots of 300lbs + tackles and guards in there, many of them women to boot.

Advertisement
Need to drink high quality protein supplements like Body Fortress several times a day, eat good calories adn really hit the iron on a bulk up routine.

What’s the thread name if you don’t mind me asking? Thank you

I think that joint was locked bro. It was actually an older Walker thread that got bumped. It think it was in the recruiting section of the forum.

But long story, short bro is dealing w/ some personal issues he’s trying to work through.

Advertisement
Kid needs to eat and lift. There's got to be a Golden Corral somewhere near Coral Gables. Bucket of chicken, Arroz Amarillo y pollo, mama's cooking and McDonalds. All options I'm told would add girth. No excuse being 280lbs after 2 years od college training.

FYI they closed the Golden Corral in Temple Terrace (Tampa). After a night of battling Spirits, that fresh hot fried chicken, soup and salad was a great way to bounce back. Lots of 300lbs + tackles and guards in there, many of them women to boot.
Some of our big guys either can't or refuse to put on weight.Wlaker,Blissett before retiring,Roberts seems to be stuck at 270.Holley and Hunter stuck around 280.

I think Walker will be fine. Everybody needs to get out of the mentality of playing OL in year 1 and 2. If you want to be good up front, you are playing 3/4/5 year guys. Maybe an exception for a year 2 freak talent (maybe a Rivers this year).

Walker was never a year 1/2 guy, especially on a good team. He’s doing what he needs to be doing which is adding good weight, getting stronger, and improving technique. Maybe 12 months from now he is ready to compete for playing time. We are finally not having to rush young guys onto the field. It’s a good thing.

I think Walker will be fine. Everybody needs to get out of the mentality of playing OL in year 1 and 2. If you want to be good up front, you are playing 3/4/5 year guys. Maybe an exception for a year 2 freak talent (maybe a Rivers this year).

Walker was never a year 1/2 guy, especially on a good team. He’s doing what he needs to be doing which is adding good weight, getting stronger, and improving technique. Maybe 12 months from now he is ready to compete for playing time. We are finally not having to rush young guys onto the field. It’s a good thing.
This. Give the kid one more year.

I would redshirt Walker, Rivers, Washington, McLaughlin, Rodriguez, Seymore so that they're all freshmen again in 2022. Ship them off to Canada during the season to eat, train, lift.

We have several seniors who are likely leaving after the bowl game and there is simply no need to burn a valuable redshirt for anyone except perhaps Rivers, but even he should consider RS'ing imo to retain his eligibility.

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR

Advertisement
I would redshirt Walker, Rivers, Washington, McLaughlin, Rodriguez, Seymore so that they're all freshmen again in 2022. Ship them off to Canada during the season to eat, train, lift.

We have several seniors who are likely leaving after the bowl game and there is simply no need to burn a valuable redshirt for anyone except perhaps Rivers, but even he should consider RS'ing imo to retain his eligibility.

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR

“burn a valuable redshirt”

He could've had an injury or Covid related complications for all we know causing weight loss via inability to train, eat as much as he should be. He could've already put on some good weight between spring game to now for all we know. As long as he's a solid 300-310 for next year is all that matters cuz then he'll be needed, this year he can RS.

“burn a valuable redshirt”
Just my opinion but if a first or second year player isn't in the 2-deep and/or is not a regular special teams contributor then the staff should try to maneuver around the new rule that allows them to play in 4 games while retaining their eligibility. For example, I'd try to RS both Garcia and TVD and let them each play in 4 games so they go into next year as freshmen and with some experience.

In 2021 Miami has the benefit of a veteran roster, but they also have the benefit of capitalizing on the free year of eligibility for a lot of these kids.

For a kid like Walker (who we all agree needs time) to enter year 3 as a freshman is a potential blessing. You just never know how a kids career will shake out so retaining their eligibility should be taken seriously, especially at a program that's hovered around 70-75 scholarship players for the last several years.

Advertisement

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR
I wouldn’t worry about Rivers eligibility. He is a future pro and we need to play him while we have him. He won’t be in college more than 3 more years at best.

Just my opinion but if a first or second year player isn't in the 2-deep and/or is not a regular special teams contributor then the staff should try to maneuver around the new rule that allows them to play in 4 games while retaining their eligibility. For example, I'd try to RS both Garcia and TVD and let them each play in 4 games so they go into next year as freshmen and with some experience.

In 2021 Miami has the benefit of a veteran roster, but they also have the benefit of capitalizing on the free year of eligibility for a lot of these kids.

For a kid like Walker (who we all agree needs time) to enter year 3 as a freshman is a potential blessing. You just never know how a kids career will shake out so retaining their eligibility should be taken seriously, especially at a program that's hovered around 70-75 scholarship players for the last several years.

Can you direct me to where I can access the 1970s time capsule that you're residing in?

Advertisement
Back